First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake after I started the truck. RPMs went up and I tried to shift into drive before they came down. I know many have been wondering what would happen if we shifted while driving. Now we know! -Side note, I love that you can flick the knob to get to park or drive without having to carefully look.
Ford Maverick Shifting while moving...now we know! IMG_0347
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I accidentally hit the accelerator instead of the brake after I started the truck. RPMs went up and I tried to shift into drive before they came down. I know many have been wondering what would happen if we shifted while driving. Now we know! -Side note, I love that you can flick the knob to get to park or drive without having to carefully look.
IMG_0347.jpeg
Thank you for sharing your mistake. I figured it would be computer controlled. I'm also sure someone's kid might turn it going down the highway as well. Nice info.

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for sharing your mistake. I figured it would be computer controlled. I'm also sure someone's kid might turn it going down the highway as well. Nice info.
Hey thanks,

I figured the inner child in all of us would want to know the what-if of turning the knob while driving. There are too few Mavericks to risk that so I’m glad I was able to find out while in park.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think you're following. Have you never bumped the accelerator in park? Happens in the north with snow boots on.
Thanks for the info. And don't pay any attention to the personal attacks.

In reality, there are only two kinds of people in the world -- those who have accidently bumped the accelerator and those who will do it later.

Oh, wait... there's a third. I forgot @Stevospeedo, who strides among us mere mortals like a god. The blazing light of his perfection dazzles us all. Don't look at it -- it will just make you regret your own pitiful life.

Or so he tells us... :rolleyes:

[ETA] I just noticed that @Stevospeedo quoted your post (and ridiculed you) on another thread. Your post had nothing to do with the thread's topic, he just dropped it in for grins. That's really going the extra mile!
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/ope-minnesota-thread-best-thread.1426/post-126875

Last edited:

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

In reality, there are only two kinds of people in the world -- those who have accidently bumped the accelerator and those who will do it later.

Oh, wait... there's a third. I forgot @Stevospeedo, who strides among us mere mortals like a god. The blazing light of his perfection dazzles us all. Don't look at it -- it will just make you regret your own pitiful life.

[ETA] I just noticed that @Stevospeedo quoted your post (and ridiculed you) on another thread. Your post had nothing to do with the thread's topic, he just dropped it in for grins. That's really going the extra mile!
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/ope-minnesota-thread-best-thread.1426/post-126875
Looks like the cool guy in the speedo got himself banned. LOL

Yeah, I'm glad the OP posted this info. It's useful, for sure!

Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
> who strides among us mere mortals like a god. The blazing light of his perfection dazzles us all. Don't look at it -- it will just make you regret your own pitiful life.

This is always my favorite type of thing 😂

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

And.... There is a fourth who liked the Staples "That Was EASY" BUTTON who now wants a Maverick Knob that when rotated says "That's a NO!" And rotates back to PARK! 🤗

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
My silly question is does the gear selector move without foot on brake? I ask because my newest ride is a 2004 Dakota, and not an electronic shifter.

OP
OP
oreomuffin

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My silly question is does the gear selector move without foot on brake? I ask because my newest ride is a 2004 Dakota, and not an electronic shifter.
When you’re stationary, no. Beyond that, I'm not going to find out!

Sponsored

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
So no neutral drop burnouts with the Maverick.

Too bad.....

Jon

Last edited:

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
You can move the shifter into N while driving and it goes into N mode.
Sponsored