First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday twice, my MAV was driving, and it shifted into neutral all on its own. The first time I thought maybe a USB cable rubbed up to the dial. But the next time, the cable wasn't connected. Both times put it back in drive and went on my way. Did anyone get ideas on this?
Sponsored

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ironic that the original Maverick had an issue with slipping out of park. Not the exact same problem but if there is a fix I hope its more than a sticker on the dashboard.

Last edited:

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have the hybrid or the EB engine?

Sponsored

yamahaSHO

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaztuning.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ranger, 07 Jeep CRD, 04 S2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife just had a similar issue. My daughter was driving and someone pulled out in front of her. She had to brake hard and then could not accelerate after. She had to put it back in drive. At the same time, it screwed up the radio where the screen went blank, but it kept playing music. They had to pull over, turn off the vehicle, then start it again and it was fine the rest if the drive.

Last edited:

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was still getting used to my Mav, and driving westbound over Monarch Pass on the Continental Divide during a snowstorm. Was trying to switch into slippery mode and must have inadvertently bumped the dial. Didn't know why I was going backwards and seeing the car behind me getting closer. Thankfully I saw that I was in "N" and flipped it back into "D" pronto! Day-um that's a touchy dial!​

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be concerned. Sounds like a visit to your dealer is on the table.

StarNut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Marvick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had it occurr once. But I'm pretty sure I caused it. I was adjusting the seat forward and backward and all of a sudden I lost momentum, hit the gas and tried a few things before I saw it was in neutral. I think my leg rotated the dial and put it in neutral. Has not happened since.

Blcaldwell09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be concerned. Sounds like a visit to your dealer is on the table.
I had this same problem--took it to dealer--computer didn't show any codes and they could not reproduce the problem

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this same problem--took it to dealer--computer didn't show any codes and they could not reproduce the problem
Did the problem return?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife just had a similar issue. My daughter was driving and someone pulled out in front of her. She had to brake hard and then could accelerate after. She had to put it back in drive. At the same time, it screwed up the radio where the screen went blank, but it kept playing music. They had to pull over, turn off the vehicle, then start it again and it was fine the rest if the drive.
In your Maverick or theirs?

ugh I hate that. Such a waste of time. Sorry to hear this.

mcgn_hearra

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’ll probably have a hard time reproducing. strangest thing is I swear this happened on the test drive the night mine arrived. Was at a red light and all of a sudden it was in R. I said to the sales guy. I swear I didn’t touch it. Questioned him about it and that was all. I took her home anyway. 800 miles in. Never happened again. But I think about it occasionally
Sponsored