2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all,

Sean with Serramonte Ford here. Some of you know me because you've placed your orders with us. I've done this type of thing with some of our other models, and some of you probably know me from Bronco6G and Focus RS forums. It looks like dealers are pretty underrepresented here, just looking to help!

Feel free to ask me any questions on the Maverick!
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your time and info. Please tell me what to expect at the dealership when I go in to pick up my truck and buy it. Could the dealer surprise me and try to charge me more than what I was quoted? As a woman, I have had pretty bad experiences with car salespeople at dealerships, I'm sorry to say, including Ford more than once. Ford would be wise to change that with the Maverick as I think this truck will appeal to women a lot! However, if the experience is so bad like the stereotype, Ford will lose female buyers.
Sponsored

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Sean,

Thank you for your time and info. Please tell me what to expect at the dealership when I go in to pick up my truck and buy it. Could the dealer surprise me and try to charge me more than what I was quoted? As a woman, I have had pretty bad experiences with car salespeople at dealerships, I'm sorry to say, including Ford more than once. Ford would be wise to change that with the Maverick as I think this truck will appeal to women a lot! However, if the experience is so bad like the stereotype, Ford will lose female buyers.
Dancebuff, I'm worried about this too. I'm also hoping that by the time my hybrid XLT is produced, they will be offering an advantageous financing plan. But if they add a "premium" to the sticker price?? I will refuse to pay that, just on principle.

hammerc16

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10 Chev.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What should i do if my dealer will not change the priority code on my oreder from 19 to 10 so I can get my truck built. According to them all the parts are ok for the build and just waiting for a production date.

patenmac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,

Sean with Serramonte Ford here. Some of you know me because you've placed your orders with us. I've done this type of thing with some of our other models, and some of you probably know me from Bronco6G and Focus RS forums. It looks like dealers are pretty underrepresented here, just looking to help!

Feel free to ask me any questions on the Maverick!
Hi Sean. My dealer does not communicate well. When they put my order in the ROVP system, my email was not included, so no emails from Ford. No preorders in my Ford.com account. I called Ford customer service and my order is confirmed - I have a four character order code. But they direct me back to the dealer for additional info. I asked my dealer for my priority code, but they refuse to answer. Is this common behavior? Can dealers change the priority code? How do others on this site know their priority codes? Thanks for any insight.

Sponsored

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a question that I have been struggling to find and answer to so hopefully you can help me out. I'm trying to find the exact measurement for the length of the oem aluminum bed side rails, but no one seems to know.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We get calls everyday about this truck. It will be a hit. Our market (San Francisco) is prime for this product, so we have a ton of orders already without any real marketing. Once they start hitting the streets in earnest, we'll have a lot more orders.
What is the number of confirmed orders for the Maverick?

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What should i do if my dealer will not change the priority code on my oreder from 19 to 10 so I can get my truck built. According to them all the parts are ok for the build and just waiting for a production date.
Don't worry about it too much. Those priority codes are only relevant compared to other orders from the same dealer.
As long as all of their orders are priority 19 it will not matter.

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW Z4, 2005 BMW X3
Engine
Undecided
QUESTION: Enabling “Perimeter Alarm” (and possibly Key FOB based remote starting) on the "XL" by installing the "Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus" [Accessory Part No: ML3Z-19A361-A]

1) Is this Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus what enables “Perimeter Alarm” on the XLT and would be needed to implement “Perimeter Alarm” on the “XL”?.

2) Is this Vehicle Security System - Ford Perimeter Plus a built-in, installed capability/ accessory on the "XLT" compared to the "XL"?

3) If installed as an [Ford OEM] aftermarket accessory - is this what would enable remote starting (non FordPass based) using the original Key FOB on the "XL" (and "XLT")? (using the Lock-UnLock-Lock quick press sequence).
1. and 2. The perimeter alarm on XLT is run by the BCM. This accessory would be needed for the XL as it likely has a different BCM.

3. On the XL yes, it should add remote start if the dealership programs it to. On XLT, it may not be compatible since it comes with the perimeter alarm already. Ford has used a separate remote start accessory in the past for that functionality. I wouldn't burn the money on it though since FordPass is standard and has remote start functionality built in.

Please explain how Ford sells accessories. From what I have experienced accessories are outside the Ford parts system. It appears there is a third party that orders from the vendors that manages and warehouses the items. Under Ford parts, an order is placed and if not in stock the order stays open as a back order until the part arrives. From the 2 dealers I have spoken to, if the accessory you need is not in stock the request goes no further. There is no open order maintained. The item you need is not ordered from the vendor to fill your order and a new request needs to me made later again hoping the item is in stock. Do I have a fair understanding of how the system works?
Depends on the accessory, some are direct from ford, others are "licensed" accessories that come from a supplier. Each area of the country has a warehouse they order from called a Ford Accessory Distributor (FAD) that actually warehouses accessories. We can order from them and stock accessories here if we want.

I would have to confirm with my parts guy, but an ordered accessory should be held open until filled, we order it from our FAD.

Thank you I appreciate the response. Just curious though its just a matter of time I think the issue most folks are having is how much time.
Hard to say with the supply chain issues all around, but I tell our customers 4-5 months for 2.0L and 5-6 for Hybrid. We'll adjust our projections when we see the order fulfilment closing the gap.

You might check the newest order guide, and I've confirmed this with the Brand Manager.
Didn't see the latest order guide came out 9/23. You are correct.

Rapid Red is no longer in the late availability items. It's available for November production. I've confirmed this with a person on Facebook who has a scheduled FE with Rapid Red.
You are correct, it has been removed from late availability on the order guide. (And we have a couple scheduled as well)

Hi Sean,

See below:

Dancebuff, I'm worried about this too. I'm also hoping that by the time my hybrid XLT is produced, they will be offering an advantageous financing plan. But if they add a "premium" to the sticker price?? I will refuse to pay that, just on principle.
I've been hearing about last minute ADMs more and more, and it's making dealers as a whole look bad.

There's not a lot Ford can do, each dealer is an independent business. Pricing is up to the dealer's discretion. The best thing you can do is get your pricing in writing at the time of order.

I have a build date for my hybrid. Not sure why some think they are not being built.
You are correct, Hybrids were not scheduling early on, people were mis-reading what Ford put out internally and said they were delayed, when they were not.

What should i do if my dealer will not change the priority code on my order from 19 to 10 so I can get my truck built. According to them all the parts are ok for the build and just waiting for a production date.
Priority has less to do with production timing right now, I wouldn't worry too much about your priority code. Ford is building what they can with the commodities available. When all priorities are the same, the system looks for the earliest buildable order. Because so many things are constrained, your options selections are more likely to impact your timing than anything else.

Hi Sean. My dealer does not communicate well. When they put my order in the ROVP system, my email was not included, so no emails from Ford. No preorders in my Ford.com account. I called Ford customer service and my order is confirmed - I have a four character order code. But they direct me back to the dealer for additional info. I asked my dealer for my priority code, but they refuse to answer. Is this common behavior? Can dealers change the priority code? How do others on this site know their priority codes? Thanks for any insight.
See the above on the priority. You can ask the dealer to change it, but ultimately it's up to that dealer. Your priority code is also on your order confirmation sheet. If they haven't sent you one, you should ask for it. Your order won't show up on your ford.com account, I don't know why they can't link it yet.

I have a question that I have been struggling to find and answer to so hopefully you can help me out. I'm trying to find the exact measurement for the length of the oem aluminum bed side rails, but no one seems to know.
I took a look at a few different sources, but couldn't find an answer on this. I'll see if we get one in and measure it.
What is the number of confirmed orders for the Maverick?
Ford doesn't disclose that info, but we have about 90 at the moment.
Don't worry about it too much. Those priority codes are only relevant compared to other orders from the same dealer.
As long as all of their orders are priority 19 it will not matter.
Correct.

Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. and 2. The perimeter alarm on XLT is run by the BCM. This accessory would be needed for the XL as it likely has a different BCM.

3. On the XL yes, it should add remote start if the dealership programs it to. On XLT, it may not be compatible since it comes with the perimeter alarm already. Ford has used a separate remote start accessory in the past for that functionality. I wouldn't burn the money on it though since FordPass is standard and has remote start functionality built in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems then that the question that remains is: are the BCMs in the XLT and XL one and the same? I believe they are and what gets activated on each trim is software driven and depends on what specific sensor hardware is installed on that trim - but I'm only guessing.

Sometimes one may find oneself in areas where due to service interruptions FordPass may not do the trick or is incredibly laggy.

For clarification ...Body Control Module [BCM] or 'body computer' is a generic term for an electronic control unit responsible for monitoring and controlling various electronic accessories in a vehicle's body. Typically in a car the BCM controls the power windows, power mirrors, air conditioning, immobilizer system, central locking, etc. The BCM communicates with other on-board computers via the car's vehicle bus, and its main application is controlling load drivers – actuating relays that in turn perform actions in the vehicle such as locking the doors, flashing the turn signals (in older cars), or dimming the interior lighting.

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW Z4, 2005 BMW X3
Engine
Undecided
It seems then that the question that remains is: are the BCMs in the XLT and XL one and the same? I believe they are and what gets activated on each trim is software driven and depends on what specific sensor hardware is installed on that trim - but I'm only guessing.

Sometimes one may find oneself in areas where due to service interruptions FordPass may not do the trick or is incredibly laggy.
What I'm seeing in the workshop manual is that the BCM runs it, but on vehicles not equipped with Remote Start from the factory, the VSS module is still required (and has a jumper pin that has to be installed for RS to work). This would leave me to believe that the BCM is different in the XL/XLT.

Link to Explorer VSS install instructions PDF from 2020: https://www.fordforums.com/threads/...imeter-plus-installation.309894/post-50588926

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW Z4, 2005 BMW X3
Engine
Undecided
Holy rabbit hole Batman!

I did some digging, and it appears that the BCM for an XL has a different Part No. than one for an XLT, so yes, they are different.

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW Z4, 2005 BMW X3
Engine
Undecided
3% under invoice, please? :LOL:
I know some dealers were getting crazy, we're not one of them! 😂 We're sticking with MSRP on orders.
Sponsored