Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all,

Sean with Serramonte Ford here. Some of you know me because you've placed your orders with us. I've done this type of thing with some of our other models, and some of you probably know me from Bronco6G and Focus RS forums. It looks like dealers are pretty underrepresented here, just looking to help!

Feel free to ask me any questions on the Maverick!
Is there an actual schedule for Maverick demos (dealer training) and what cities they will be in?
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sean - General Question - Looking at doing an out of state purchase from one Ford dealer and then arranging a Drop Ship to another local Ford dealer - does the out of state purchase dealer complete all paperwork, vehicle registration, etc.. and then forward the documentation and temp tags to the drop ship dealer for when the vehicle arrives after production/shipping or would it be more of a split between the two dealerships? Is this something that I need to coordinate or will the two dealerships work it out?
Iirc, Paperwork will be completed at the dealer to actually take delivery from.

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
Do you know what drive modes the FX4 will come with?

There is no clear explanation on which drive modes are removed when the sand and mud/ruts drive modes are added.

Sport and Eco modes are replaced per Ford's website and the owners manual.
But the latest order guide says "Normal, Sport, Mud/Rut, Sand and Tow/Haul" which removes Eco and Slippery....

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sean,

Is it true that dealer must put order in thru ROVP in order for Ford to even look at it for scheduling? Last I checked, Ford said my order was in process, which means order was put in. But will it get scheduled without ROVP?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
I've hear that luxury packages are a constraint. Would a Hybrid, Lariat, Luxury Package order be even more constrained with splash guards and floor mats than without? Would it help any to drop the floor mats and splash guards to get scheduled. Ordered July 16.

Thanks
Splash guards are a late availability item, your order won't be scheduled until they are available from factory. I would take them off and get them installed by the dealer once it gets delivered. They are available through parts already.

Also, about 17% of the Lariat Luxury Packages are being scheduled.

Sponsored

Spavs1282

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Hey all,

Sean with Serramonte Ford here. Some of you know me because you've placed your orders with us. I've done this type of thing with some of our other models, and some of you probably know me from Bronco6G and Focus RS forums. It looks like dealers are pretty underrepresented here, just looking to help!

Feel free to ask me any questions on the Maverick!
Will the maverick have wireless charging for your phone?

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW Z4, 2005 BMW X3
Engine
Undecided
I've hear that luxury packages are a constraint. Would a Hybrid, Lariat, Luxury Package order be even more constrained with splash guards and floor mats than without? Would it help any to drop the floor mats and splash guards to get scheduled. Ordered July 16.

Thanks
Yes, I haven't recently checked, but last I saw Splash Guards were late availability so removing them would allow your order to be buildable, otherwise it's on Material Hold status until that commodity becomes available. Floor mats were not constrained last I remember, but you can remove them to make your order less complex and order them after your truck arrives.

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW Z4, 2005 BMW X3
Engine
Undecided
Why would Ford go out of their way to say that Hybrid ordering is on schedule, then? That doesn’t seem true and I feel that they should just pull the band aid off and list hybrid as a constraint.
Because it is. It very well may have been planned to be available after the 2.0L EcoBoost, because of the shortages. I don't know Ford's internal timeline.

BankableWhee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi Sean,
Thank you for offering your time and expertise to answer questions!
In your opinion, how often is too often to contact my dealer / Ford customer service to inquire about the status of my order? Am I insane for checking in once every three weeks or so? Will this drive my salesperson crazy?

Thanks again!

Caleb

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW Z4, 2005 BMW X3
Engine
Undecided
Sean - General Question - Looking at doing an out of state purchase from one Ford dealer and then arranging a Drop Ship to another local Ford dealer - does the out of state purchase dealer complete all paperwork, vehicle registration, etc.. and then forward the documentation and temp tags to the drop ship dealer for when the vehicle arrives after production/shipping or would it be more of a split between the two dealerships? Is this something that I need to coordinate or will the two dealerships work it out?
Drop shipping (or courtesy delivery in dealer speak) the receiving dealer does the paperwork in the state of registration. We don't do them very often.

MomaK61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250, Subaru Ascent
So with all the news on chip shortages and hybrids not ok to buy. If we really want a truck anytime soon, should we just switch to the 2.0 and skip the better mileage in order to get a truck. Honest opinion.

egress555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sean,

Is it true that dealer must put order in thru ROVP in order for Ford to even look at it for scheduling? Last I checked, Ford said my order was in process, which means order was put in. But will it get scheduled without ROVP?