Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
On Friday my dealer let me know that my rolled over 22 to a 23 was good to go.. He changed the color and the priority code.. Called me back Saturday morning and told me he checked it again and that everything is good now. My question is will I receive a email from Ford about the new 23 order like I did with the original 22 order?
yes, once they update the email address on the order.
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes, once they update the email address on the order.
Tim, how long should that take? I can still see my cancelled 2022 VIN in the tracker, and I do have my corrected new 2023 order sheet showing that the dealer dropped the priority from 99 to 19 early this morning (now with the same Sales Code/Order number as the old 2022). I did remind them that they might need to reenter my email.

I'm surprised to see the old VIN still sitting there 7 hours after the new order submission.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim, how long should that take? I can still see my cancelled 2022 VIN in the tracker, and I do have my corrected new 2023 order sheet showing that the dealer dropped the priority from 99 to 19 early this morning (now with the same Sales Code/Order number as the old 2022). I did remind them that they might need to reenter my email.

I'm surprised to see the old VIN still sitting there 7 hours after the new order submission.
No email received, so I contacted Ford Marketing (800-334-4375) and was told my 2023 Order was entered and..."wait, blah blah...". I gave her my email and she told me to make sure the dealer had it entered so I'd get updates. So, I guess my "reminder" failed to work. My 22MY VIN is also still live in the tracker this morning, so I guess that really does not indicate anything at this point.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like 0% finance for 36 months rate lock with my 22 is toast. I've never bought a new car so looking for advice on the best way to deal with the finance department. I don't plan on getting penalized with a 5% or higher interest rate just because they need a year and half to build me a car. I'm apprehensive that I'll get into some long debate if I say I want to buy the car outright. Or even worse, that they'll tell me take it or leave it with financing. So can I just agree with whatever the rate is, drive the car off the lot and send them a check for the balance? Is there a penalty for early payment of the loan? Thanks.
You must READ (not take anyone's word) the loan to see if you can pay it off early without penalty. Shop around with credit unions, they may have cheaper interest than Ford. Then when it's sign the paper work day- do whatever is cheapest to you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

right away after they add it and re-submit it.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
right away after they add it and re-submit it.
Thank you. I got the email from Ford about 2 hours after I emailed my salesman, reminding him to re-add my email. He didn't respond to me, but it must have gotten done.

dyer68

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Maverick XLT Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, for those of us who rolled over from MY22 to MY23 back in September, are we likely to be in line right behind the cancelled MY22 orders to be scheduled?

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, for those of us who rolled over from MY22 to MY23 back in September, are we likely to be in line right behind the cancelled MY22 orders to be scheduled?
Some of you are in front of us, because Ford still has to run the lines while they sort out us "VIN'd" folks. Buy a lottery ticket if you are one who gets scheduled before then! Seriously, if there are 6900 of us as rumored, we are less than a month's worth of building and you should still see a quick schedule, I would think.

dyer68

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Maverick XLT Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the insight. I have an XLT Hybrid with lux. I dropped the remote start, since it's rumoured to possibly be a constraining item. Hopefully, I'll get scheduled and delivered before Spring!

Sponsored

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talked to Customer Service this morning (11/23) to see if if they had any news about vin assigned rollover. I was told it shows on there that my 23 order was there. She even gave me my PIN number for my private offer. Man was I surprised. I had to laugh when she said your salesman should have all this info.

minitrucknuts

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
No, there is no distinction at Ford between non-vin rollovers and new virgin orders.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on whether or not your dealer paid attention to Ford's "request" that you rollovers all be put at Priority Code 10 and the dealer put all new 2023 orders put at higher PC (11-19). I think that was all done sloppily, so I'd expect it all to be mixed together since Ford didn't MAKE them do it.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Join a credit union, apply for financing there. If the dealer/Ford Credit beat that, great. If not, go iwth the C/U.

Looks like 0% finance for 36 months rate lock with my 22 is toast. I've never bought a new car so looking for advice on the best way to deal with the finance department. I don't plan on getting penalized with a 5% or higher interest rate just because they need a year and half to build me a car. I'm apprehensive that I'll get into some long debate if I say I want to buy the car outright. Or even worse, that they'll tell me take it or leave it with financing. So can I just agree with whatever the rate is, drive the car off the lot and send them a check for the balance? Is there a penalty for early payment of the loan? Thanks.
Sponsored