Sponsored

Can't get straight answer from Ford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
this is kind of unbelievable how ford is operating like this -I just asked them about my order and im still sitting in unscheduled status and the customer rep tells me about all the constraints of which I have none of those items however she said the spray in Bed liner and the cargo management system is a constraint which ford has already said is not a problem anymore. perhaps ford should coordinate with there customer service dept plus they say talk to your dealer and the dealer says we have no idea talk to ford . I would really appreciate a simple yes you will get a vehicle this year or no you wont --its that simple ---maybe they need a new chief operating officer because it really looks like Jim Farley might actually be closer to Chris Farley
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford doesn't know yet if it will be built. The 2023 production is only 3-1/2 months along. But if you have followed any of the million messages that far too many hybrids were ordered than they can possibly build your odds are low unless you read through the pleas from Ford to increase your chances of a build by switching to the eco boost.

And Jimmy isn't the COO he is the CEO.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have basically the biggest constraint possible….you ordered a XL Hybrid, right?

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Between constraints, regional allocations, and dealer allocations, you need to treat scheduling like a lottery. I doubt a planner could tell you if/when it will get scheduled: all the inputs go into the software and a schedule comes out. What we do know is that only about 50% of hybrids ordered will be built for 2023.

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This whole thing is pretty comical at this point. I ordered in September 2022 like many with pretty much zero communication and zero commitment on a delivery date. They should have an idea of when and if they can produce the vehicle.

I ordered a Tesla Model Y Performance for my wife in January 2023 it was delivered up 3 weeks later. At this point, after owning a full BEV for a month I see no need for a hybrid. Why have all of that complicated mess/maintenance of 2 different motor systems.

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This whole thing is pretty comical at this point. I ordered in September 2022 like many with pretty much zero communication and zero commitment on a delivery date. They should have an idea of when and if they can produce the vehicle.

I ordered a Tesla Model Y Performance for my wife in January 2023 it was delivered up 3 weeks later. At this point, after owning a full BEV for a month I see no need for a hybrid. Why have all of that complicated mess/maintenance of 2 different motor systems.
Why should they know this soon in the production year? People that don't understand how the ordering, production and transport system works (clearly spelled out in one of the forums) should probably not order a hugely in-demand vehicle for their own mental health and stick to an in stock vehicle.

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why should they know this soon in the production year? People that don't understand how the ordering, production and transport system works (clearly spelled out in one of the forums) should probably not order a hugely in-demand vehicle for their own mental health and stick to an in stock vehicle.
Production of the Ford Maverick started on 9/2/21, if Ford can't predict when and how many they can produce by now they have big problems.

Reactions: bgn

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Production of the Ford Maverick started on 9/2/21, if Ford can't predict when and how many they can produce by now they have big problems.
Customers lined up to wait in line for a year to give Ford their money is not "big problems".

TripleB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Customers lined up to wait in line for a year to give Ford their money is not "big problems".
A production problem not a demand problem which is a big problem in a fast-moving business environment. Example, I found a better product faster.

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Customer Service is fairly useless and Ford has set them up for failure. Pretty much every question I asked, they answered to check with the dealer. The dealer I was dealing with at that time was not being forthright with me. I wanted an independent verification of the priority code assigned to my truck. Customer service could only verify I ordered an XL and nothing else. No options, no priority code, NOTHING. When I asked Customer Service to speak to a manager, I was told I could not. Managers review the cases and can call back or assist anyone they choose.

They really don't have much product information. I ordered an XL and was review some videos from the Ford Guy. He told me about a "trick". XL's do not come with power mirrors. However, if you order the CoPilot360 package, they have to put power mirrors on the truck because of the blind spot warning light located in the mirror. CoPilot 360 comes with a full size spare which is a $110 option. I called Customer service to verify this and all they could do was parrot the information on the website which does not provide a lot of detail. They suggested I call my dealer.

Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
the excuses made for a multi billion dollar corporation is hilarious.

the 35/65 hybrid/ecoboost split has been know since ordering began. You make it seem as if shutting off the tap earlier than they did (in the same way they did) was impossible lol.

this is ignoring the rest of Fords antiquated systems, but simply accepting less hybrid orders was always an option…

Reactions: bgn

shadowthrone

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
this is kind of unbelievable how ford is operating like this -I just asked them about my order and im still sitting in unscheduled status and the customer rep tells me about all the constraints of which I have none of those items however she said the spray in Bed liner and the cargo management system is a constraint which ford has already said is not a problem anymore. perhaps ford should coordinate with there customer service dept plus they say talk to your dealer and the dealer says we have no idea talk to ford . I would really appreciate a simple yes you will get a vehicle this year or no you wont --its that simple ---maybe they need a new chief operating officer because it really looks like Jim Farley might actually be closer to Chris Farley
what is this whiny bs post? customer service gives you the latest published script - that's all they have. Dealers get the more up-to-date info - not great, but has always been that way. call your dealer and whine at them.

from your profile you also ordered the most highly constrained model - there is a good chance it's not getting built this year. Ford won't know for sure for months if it can fill all the hybrid orders, and the Lariat hybrids are getting built waaaay before your XL.

Jim Farley is doing pretty well so far if folks are lining up around the corner for a Ford and whining on forums that they can't get their Ford fast enough.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We all know that at least 1/3 of us whom have ordered a Hybrid will not get them, nor will we be rolled into a YM24. What I truly do not understand is the dealer allocation system. I know it is based on 'last years sales' and that sound right for dealer lots but there will not be any Mavs on dealer lots this year. If the same mav, trim level, options and priority codes are in the system, who and who decided that this build goes to dealer A or Dealer B and Customer A or customer B?
Sponsored