First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've already ordered my Lariat with the Luxury Package. I am looking at it now and the Lux Package seems to not be worth it. To get it you have to also add the 360 package and that totals almost $4K.

In your opinion what makes it worth that?
Sponsored

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m just the opposite… my Subaru has a similar system (EyeSight) and it’s a great safety feature. I also can’t live without the keyless start after having that feature before…. not to mention the other goodies.
I've already ordered my Lariat with the Luxury Package. I am looking at it now and the Lux Package seems to not be worth it. To get it you have to also add the 360 package and that totals almost $4K.

For me, the Lariat Luxury package was a “must have”.

bobtheslob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Escape Titanium, 17 Flex Base
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea, the push button start is worth 4 large to me. I wonder why you get push start with Lariat but need luxo pac for a key fob with remote start???

Last edited:

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went with the Lariat trim due to the additional safety features...I need all the help that I can get since I am in my 60's. LOL.

Sponsored

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, firstly, there is no reason to "sell" you on it as this type of choice is personal. You either want it or you don't. Also, everyone's use of the features in the package is also different so what someone may find useless someone else may find very useful. Anyway, the package contents:

Ford Maverick Sell me on Lariat Luxury Package 1626715686547

Some of these items like spray-in bedliner, hitch, or 400W inverter are stand alone options so you could add those if the package is not taken. However, Sync3 is only available in this package. I have no idea what the software in everything else is so this is one item not available any other way. The B&O sound system also has a subwoofer. I personally use the Adaptive Cruise in my Ranger and Fusion all the time in town and on the highway and since this truck will be replacing my Fusion it was a must have for me. The bed tie downs, heated wiper park, rear parking sensors, etc. are all useful features that will come along with the package as well.

This vehicle is not going to be an exercise in minimalism for me. However, with that said, if Adaptive Cruise was able to be had on the XLT with Lux package I would have ordered that level.

Reactions: JJC

Camodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only thing I wanted in the Lariat was the power sliding rear window, everything else I wanted I could get in an XLT.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If there aren't at least a few things you like in the list of like 20 line items the luxury package adds, it's maybe not worth it. Altogether, however, they add up to a decent total.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took each item on the lux package and gave it a "want" or "not". Ended up with more "not's" so I skipped the lux package.
I am sure everyone answers items differently. There is a delay on XLT/FWD with the 4k so bumped up to a Lariat to get the FWD/4k without a late avail. For me having the 4k on the Maverick is the truck deal breaker for others it maybe of little concern.

Reactions: JJC

ImGoose

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia SUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What's the general opinion of Ford's implementation of Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise control?

I have it on my Kia and feel it's a pretty decent implementation. Somewhat intelligent with the distance. Doesn't immediately hit the brake if someone merges into your lane and closes the gap. Waits to see if the gap reopens.

Then on some Toyota's I've been in, it's been a crapshoot and more stuttery. Slows to quickly. The programmed gapsb aren't great.

Lane Centering on Kia has also been reasonable and not annoying like I could have imagined.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
What's the general opinion of Ford's implementation of Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise control?

I have it on my Kia and feel it's a pretty decent implementation. Somewhat intelligent with the distance. Doesn't immediately hit the brake if someone merges into your lane and closes the gap. Waits to see if the gap reopens.

Then on some Toyota's I've been in, it's been a crapshoot and more stuttery. Slows to quickly. The programmed gapsb aren't great.

Lane Centering on Kia has also been reasonable and not annoying like I could have imagined.
I've never used adaptive CC but the lane keeping in my 2017 Escape is decent and not at all intrusive, as I also imagined. If anything, I would hope that it's gotten a bit better over the last couple years.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

no

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, it all started with it being the only way that I can get dual zone climate control. Without that, there would be divorce. Plus there were many other reasons.

MTMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy 1T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the Lariat trim due to the additional safety features...I need all the help that I can get since I am in my 60's. LOL.
Adaptive Cruise and Lane Centering for long distance driving
My wife recently got a used 2017 Outback with the Adaptive Cruise and Lane Centering. Prior to using them I would have said meh, gimmick and not thought twice about getting them. After having used them several times, no way I'd ever get another vehicle without them again, especially the Adaptive Cruise.

So that's the reason I ordered a Lariat with Lux package.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
Adaptive Cruise and Lane Centering for long distance driving
Even normal distance driving. I drive 23 miles on the freeway each way to and from work. That’s 46 miles a day that a vehicle with adaptive cruise and lane centering can drive for me. I feel like a lot of people don’t realize how powerful the combination of those two technologies is. It’s as close to autonomous driving as we’re going to see for a long time.
Sponsored