Seat Jackers - anyone installed?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not the 2 cents I was looking for but thank you anyways.
I mean... it's $70 for the same thing. Why not make sense of saving your cents.

These are the kind of mods that got Tacoma fan boi's by the balls. The buy this stuff and bed stiffeners for hundreds of dollars. Save your money.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone installed Seat Jackers on their XL?

https://desertdoesit.com/products/front-seat-jackers-2019-2021-ford-ranger

It’s essentially spacers to raise the front end of the seat up for longer legs.

Anyways, the provided instructions say you’ll need 13 and 15mm sockets to remove and install bolts but when I opened up the small access hole, the factory bolt is a star/torx pattern.

1. Wondering if anyone knows the size so I can order one.

2. Has anyone installed these yet? Wondering if I need to remove all the “trim” around the area where the seat base meets the floor or if the access port is enough for the install.

A walkthrough would be helpful, although it seems pretty straightforward.

Thanks!
Many years ago I installed front lifts (several washers and longer bolts) on a car seat and it made drives worse because it put pressure on the back of my thighs and felt like it was cutting off circulation. I ended up using thick walled 1" square tubing that raised both front and back an inch and that worked well. The car was a 1976 BMW 2002, so I still had decent headroom.

J C

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2022 Bronco Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
think he may have some property to sell as well

Ford Maverick Seat Jackers - anyone installed? 1712613614575-yl

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I appreciate the time you took to look that up but I’d rather depend on the surface area of the billet than some washers…but obviously personal preference. However, what I was asking is if anyone has installed these, not how to spend my money.
I'm just a poor guy funnin' here. But how do you feel about using old socket? Like some tough old ones when steel was steel. Grind on a taper and weld on nice thick cut down washer.

Either way if you do buy these and install em, feel free to show us and let us know how they treat ya.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20 mins, including getting tools out and putting them away, and my driver's seat is more comfy.
I ended up using 3x of the washers on each bolt. Tried 4, felt like too much. So just under a 1/4" lift is all. Reusing OEM bolts and not worried - the seat jackers instructions said you could reuse bolts with a 3/8" lift.

$8 if someone wants the Capri TP55 bit and 6 washers mailed to them, enough for one seat.

Ford Maverick Seat Jackers - anyone installed? PXL_20240419_010532330

Pic is 4 washers - felt like too much, enough so that I redid it - super easy compared to my VW 8 years ago.
Ford Maverick Seat Jackers - anyone installed? PXL_20240419_012647831

edit - instructions:
Slide seat forward/back for access.
Small / thin screwdriver to pop off the covers to access bolts.
Loosen rear ones first, to give some play.
Remove front bolts, seat tilted back and stayed perfectly, allowing easy lining up of washers. Put bolts back in and try to line up everything as you lower it.
Snug front bolts, tighten rear, then go back and tighten front.
My torque-wrist estimated ~40lbs was just right.

OP
OP
AltoMavDad

AltoMavDad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20 mins, including getting tools out and putting them away, and my driver's seat is more comfy.
I ended up using 3x of the washers on each bolt. Tried 4, felt like too much. So just under a 1/4" lift is all. Reusing OEM bolts and not worried - the seat jackers instructions said you could reuse bolts with a 3/8" lift.

$8 if someone wants the Capri TP55 bit and 6 washers mailed to them, enough for one seat.

PXL_20240419_010532330.jpg

Pic is 4 washers - felt like too much, enough so that I redid it - super easy compared to my VW 8 years ago.
PXL_20240419_012647831.jpg

edit - instructions:
Slide seat forward/back for access.
Small / thin screwdriver to pop off the covers to access bolts.
Loosen rear ones first, to give some play.
Remove front bolts, seat tilted back and stayed perfectly, allowing easy lining up of washers. Put bolts back in and try to line up everything as you lower it.
Snug front bolts, tighten rear, then go back and tighten front.
My torque-wrist estimated ~40lbs was just right.
Thanks for this.

For anyone interested in lifting their seat definitely don’t buy the seat jackers like me. Lesson learned

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for this.

For anyone interested in lifting their seat definitely don’t buy the seat jackers like me. Lesson learned
Some people might need the higher lift of seat jackers, then that would be the way to go - b/c once you start lifting that much, you want the wedge shape to ensure solid contact and a longer bolt. So they still have their place. (some people also spend $250 for led light bulbs, and then they have issues *shrug*)

Also, thanks to you for starting this thread - I was reminded I wanted to do this 'mod' to my Mav for longer drive comfort. And you provided the specific bit that I needed - teamwork!
I'm one more step closer to having my truck 'complete' for my needs...

OP
OP
AltoMavDad

AltoMavDad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some people might need the higher lift of seat jackers, then that would be the way to go - b/c once you start lifting that much, you want the wedge shape to ensure solid contact and a longer bolt. So they still have their place. (some people also spend $250 for led light bulbs, and then they have issues *shrug*)

Also, thanks to you for starting this thread - I was reminded I wanted to do this 'mod' to my Mav for longer drive comfort. And you provided the specific bit that I needed - teamwork!
I'm one more step closer to having my truck 'complete' for my needs...
The world needs more positive minded Maverick owners like you.

Sponsored

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The world needs more positive minded Maverick owners like you.
ha - appreciate it, as I feel I'm a smart-ass online often
if I do have something constructive, I'll do my best to pass it on and help if I can - but the balance is probably in the other direction

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I installed one set of seat jackers spacers under the front mounting points last weekend. I have several thoughts:

There were no instructions with them, so it was a little confusing as to how they were supposed to be installed. They have a slotted hole and a round hole, and 2 parallel raised parts that look like they're made to fit into grooves. This made no sense, but I put them in randomly, and they seemed to settle in and it was easy to align the round holes and reinstall the factory bolts, which had plenty of threads to secure the seat.

I was able to use a regular T55 tool to remove and reinstall the bolts. It was a little sloppy, but I'm confident it didn't do any damage to the bolts.

It took me a few days to get the seat height and seat back in a comfortable position. While the seat position is better, it also exacerbates the discomfort caused by the seat being too short to support my thighs. The seat is also more noticeably too narrow for my big ass.

I'm considering installing the other spacers under the rear mounting points, which might make it more comfortable at a lower position.

I'm taking 2 hr. drive tomorrow, so that should give me a better feel for what action I should take.
Sponsored