I actually just ordered one from eBay. My Ford dealer told me they can program a “used” part, I think this one came off a totaled truck that only had 3k miles.
Just to be clear, $750 covers the part (ordered by Ford dealership) as well as installation and programming (by the tech at Ford)
Wondering if I can get the part from a junkyard and still have the guy at Ford program it (at cost of labor)
On eBay “NB5Z-19K350-A” shows 2018-2020 Expedition telematics unit. “NB5T-14G087-LB” shows 2023-2025 Transit telematics unit. Which would I buy if I wanted to try doing it myself?
Yes exactly. At least the electronics…this is my first “new car” I’ve ever purchased and I guess I naively thought parts would last longer than 2.5 years. (I put a lot of miles on it). Also frustrating that it’s not a hard use part like a window motor.
Long story short, took my truck to Ford and the technician said the modem has died. My vehicle is no longer under warranty so they quoted me $500 for the part and $250 for the install.
I told them to go ahead and order the part but I’m very on the fence about this. I only use the app for remote...
OMG this is actually plausible. Reading now I see that my ‘23 falls under the “bad factory battery” category and it’s been over two years since I bought the truck. I also recently installed a powered subwoofer so that likely definitely has added to the drain. I’ll check the battery asap. Is...
Okay, I have read through the forums and followed the steps. Master Reset the SYNC, pulled Fuse 11 (the double 11/12 fuse does not look blown), logged out of the app, deleted the app, tried the location button trick, checked for SYNC and app updates, reconnected to my home WiFi, offered a blood...