Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Went to the hospital to visit a patient and saw a Rivian being charged. Has anyone noticed that it kinda looks like a very large Maverick (except for the front doors)?
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Their design language is growing on me.

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I read somewhere that Rivian owners have found that the BAK MX4 Tri-fold cover for the Maverick fits the Rivian perfectly. Apparently there is not a lot of choices for bed covers for the Rivian.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to the hospital to visit a patient and saw a Rivian being charged. Has anyone noticed that it kinda looks like a very large Maverick (except for the front doors)?
Yes, the general proportions and stance are quite similar to the maverick into, especially along the body side with the character lines and general surfacing.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Their design language is growing on me.
It's very tasteful. Their designs are like more attractive jeep designs, which makes sense considering their head designer worked at jeep and designed things like the older grand Cherokee from around 2017, one of the best looking jeeps ever imo.

Sponsored

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read somewhere that Rivian owners have found that the BAK MX4 Tri-fold cover for the Maverick fits the Rivian perfectly. Apparently there is not a lot of choices for bed covers for the Rivian.
Yes. I bought my TipTop soft tri-fold after reading a positive review of TipTop's Maverick tonneau on a Rivian. Same size bed.

It seems that Rivian had serious problems with their factory-installed roll-up so owners needed a temporary solution until the problems were resolved.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I see them frequently where I live and know someone in town who owns one. I've looked at his inside & out. Love the design, especially the frunk (!), and the doors, seats, etc. But tbh, I never thought the Maverick resembled it (Rivian design pre-dates the Maverick release). Maybe it's the difference in front grill, headlights, etc.

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
YES, it looks EXACTLY like a Maverick, thought they were until I saw the ALIEN headlights!!!

bae125

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Lux FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Living in west metro Detroit they’re relatively common sights. I really like them, significantly larger than Mavs.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup, the Rivian always reminded me of a bigger Maverick. I first saw it years ago at the New York Auto show. Had the pleasure of meeting the Rivian staff there - they were small enough back then that they were on the floor interacting with the public. Nice people.

We have several Rivians around the Asheville area. I've always loved the R1T, but I can't afford one (and it's too big for me). They're coming out with a smaller R2 in the next year (to be shown this summer), but it will likely remain out of reach for most Maverick buyers. Think $50,000 +-.

All the reviews on the Rivian truck and SUV are glowing - everyone puts them at the top of the heap. You may spend a lot, but you get an insanely awesome vehicle.

I'm most excited from seeing the Toyota EPU (concept) electric pickup truck reveal. It's the size of the Maverick, conventionally styled, has a mid-gate and an extending tailgate for an 8' bed in a package a few inches shorter than the Mav. But I betcha it'll also be real money.
Sponsored