son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First I've seen in this color... It is not pretty... Very gimmicky looking in red for sure. Of course that is just my opinion, which isn't worth any more than anyone esle's...

1706554549373.png
You are correct. There is no accounting for taste. I like it.
Sponsored

ndmiller

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Azure Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could buy three top trim Mavericks for the price of on Rivian. So, yeah....
I could buy two Nissan Versas for the price of a top trim Maverick, so six Versas for the price of a Rivian. or twelve Versas for the price of a G-Wagon AMG.

Thinking about carrying a Versa in the Rivian or Maverick Bed for a quick Knight Rider getaway out the back.

The-X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think I'd rather have Two mavericks and motorcycles to put on them, and a trailer instead of one rivian. I really dislike todays
"an electric vehicle has to LOOK overtly electric"
Despite over a century of aesthetics and ergonomics to look back on. But for some reason electric vehicles be they bike, car, or truck have to scream at everyone visually that they're electric while looking like a low-resolution version of a vehicle from a 90s video game.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is so much reverse snobbery on this thread. The folks who are buying Rivians have done well in life. $70,000 and change is a rounding error. So give them a break, and don't be so petty folks.
Today, the cheapest Rivian you can buy New is costing $79,000. Go to the Rivian web site to see.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today, the cheapest Rivian you can buy New is costing $79,000. Go to the Rivian web site to see.
You failed the reading comprehension exam. If you look at my post, you'll see I was referring to the R2, to be announced March 7 by Rivian.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
https://insideevs.com/news/707658/ford-cheap-ev-platform-farley/

Smaller and more affordable Ford BEVs may be coming soon, and it looks like there might be a small truck in the mix. If they started this project two years ago, soon would be sometime after 2026 (4 to 6 years to develop a new car platform).

What pleases me in this interview is that Farley has his head in the right place. He sees the competition coming from China and Korea. He sees that the masses aren't ready for BEVs quite yet. He sees that price is critical for some (not all) Ford products. And lastly, he sees that BEVs are the no-brainer answer down the road, and that he won't have a company a decade from now if Ford doesn't have a wide selection of appealing BEVs.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First I've seen in this color... It is not pretty... Very gimmicky looking in red for sure. Of course that is just my opinion, which isn't worth any more than anyone esle's...

1706554549373.png
You're so right about color. Not only do we all differ, but sometimes we change what we like over the years. I loathed reds in my youth (40 years ago) - I hated red cars. Then I got a red Miata. There are some reds that work for me, some that don't. Mazda especially has some awesome reds. And I have a HPR Maverick parked outside my window right now.

Also, i think the same color can look good on one car but look bad on another car. Which always has me scratching my head.
Sponsored