San Antonio / Austin

OP
OP

TVDad5865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
I also placed my order with Mac Haik in Georgetown (North Austin). That's my closest local dealership. I also got the truck at MSRP. Also no deposit. I had no dealer add-ons. The additional items on my order are:

deputy fee$10
document fee$150
dealer's inventory tax$54.10
state inspection fee$7
TOTAL$221.10
also sales tax and license and title fees.
Any chance they said when they’d have them on the lot? I’d drive up from SA in a second.
Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI,

For courtesy deliveries in South Texas, I just spoke to a dealer in Mission who will do them for 300. I gave the info to Tom at Chapman.

MPG

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, GMC, Hyundai, Honda, Harley
I don't have one to recommend - but I do have one to tell you to STAY AWAY from. That's Maxwell Ford in South Austin. :censored:
May I ask what you don't like about them? Is it issues with sales, service or both?

Sponsored

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Sonata
Engine
Undecided
May I ask what you don't like about them? Is it issues with sales, service or both?
Very deceptive dealer. Last year we were in the market to replace my wife's Explorer. Noticed they had what we wanted, and was advertised at a very good price. I confirmed with them that the price was not predicated on any special requirements. I also did an online trade in review with them, and was OK with the value. So we drove nearly an hour to get there, and was more than willing to buy. Turns out they weren't quite truthful. The salesman we worked with on the phone assured us he'd be there. And while he was, he passed us off to someone that didn't know much. The price quoted had so many strings attached, and they were only willing to give us half the value for a trade in.

I asked for my keys back, and then got the hard sell from the sales manager. Had to really argue with them just to get my keys and get out of there. FWIW, there's a similar thread on the Ranger 5G forum that have more comments about them.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very deceptive dealer. Last year we were in the market to replace my wife's Explorer. Noticed they had what we wanted, and was advertised at a very good price. I confirmed with them that the price was not predicated on any special requirements. I also did an online trade in review with them, and was OK with the value. So we drove nearly an hour to get there, and was more than willing to buy. Turns out they weren't quite truthful. The salesman we worked with on the phone assured us he'd be there. And while he was, he passed us off to someone that didn't know much. The price quoted had so many strings attached, and they were only willing to give us half the value for a trade in.

I asked for my keys back, and then got the hard sell from the sales manager. Had to really argue with them just to get my keys and get out of there. FWIW, there's a similar thread on the Ranger 5G forum that have more comments about them.
that’s interesting. I bought my f150 at maxwell and the whole process and experience was great. My sales rep was very professional, helpful and patient. And he got me exactly what I wanted with no hidden costs. he Handled my maverick order quickly and just as professionally. We did the whole thing over the phone and email. I never even walked into the dealership.

sorry you had a bad experience there but I believe it all really boils down to your sales rep.

BruceTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the tip on Mac Haik! Reserved one online and this afternoon went into the dealership to make it official. Hour later received the email from Ford that my order is confirmed. No deposit required And no penalties for cancellation. Smooth sailing so far. Now the waiting game.
I got mine at Mak Haik and they didn't charge any extras.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had no issues with Covert Ford in Austin. I have 2 Mavs coming and the only extra is $150 documentation fee.

HC_Crusader83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bought mine from McCombs Ford West in SA on 12/24. Sales rep Kahri Mayers kept my name from my visit to the dealer in early November, texted me as soon as a few hut the lot. Vel blue hybrid Lariat, love it!

Sponsored

pinto4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I had a decent, but weird experience with Maxwell Ford. They never sent me an order confirmation, I never got any of the official Ford ordering emails, and I called to ask on the 12th and they said they had no information and that it hadn't been scheduled for production yet. Then they called me later that day and said it was actually going to be delivered the next day.

They honored my A-plan price (Thanks, Uncle John), and only lightly tried to offer me add-ons, but when I refused they moved on with no pressure. The price also didn't change from my original order, other than tax, a 75 dollar document fee and registration fees (which were all disclosed to me before I bought and were not a surprise). It wasn't tense at all (though there were at least two other customers in the dealership getting traditional terrible sales experiences).

Two things I didn't like- they lowballed me HARD on my trade in at first (7k for a 2015 Frontier with 61k miles)- they did come up to something more reasonable (about 8k) but I certainly got ripped off there- they will make a good profit on that truck.

The second thing is that it took 4+ hours. They did have to detail the truck, look at my trade etc, but there was a good hour and a half of me just sitting around watching ESPN, and they took an overly long time trying to explain the features to me in painful detail- which may have been helpful for others, but not me.

I've read bad reviews of them and they don't really match up fully with my experience so far, but some things can be improved. Both sales guys seemed genuinely nice and didn't give me a hard sell at all (maybe because of the A-Plan?) but I certainly saw others getting the sales rub a lot harder than I got.

meg_099

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Cavender Grande Ford in San Antonio earlier this month and snagged one of the extras they had ordered for their lot. XLT in cactus gray. No ETA but happy to have found one without a pre-order and without a mark up.

Anyone with experience on time line without a pre-order?
Sponsored