63surf

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES340
Hi, all...new member here.
I plan on ordering a 2023 XLT hybrid with co-pilot, and trailer hitch in area 51 next month when order banks open.
I'm looking for recommendations for dealers in the the San Antonio that would be willing to provide a signed PO at MSRP, not require a deposit and operate on reputable/professional basis.
I have no experience with Ford in general, but have been a Toyota/Lexus guy for years.
The Maverick will be a retirement gift for myself, (May, 2023), when I turn 60. Yeah...I know...I don't fit the demographics.
Any dealer recommendations??? How about actual salespeople at said dealers???
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't purchased a Ford in San Antonio before, but I would start with the one closest to you. Go down there an interview them to find out if they add to MSRP, add dealer crap, price protect, etc....
I ordered from Ken Stoeppel in Kerrville, and no shenanigans from them at all, though I do still wait for a Lariat Lux EB ordered Nov 1 ;)

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I walked onto the lot and bought my XLT onsite from Jesse Saenz at Mac Haik Southway. Solid dude, straight up and to the point. Worked with me on additions to make the $5k markup worth it and just generally great at chopping it up during the test drive and the wait for finance guy part.

Finance guys there are finance guys anywhere, don't get got and don't go for their ESP, buy one from Flood Ford here on MTC. They did process my ESP cancellation in record time though.

Haven't been into their service yet, but their parts department is a bit messy - constantly walking them through individual part numbers and lots of "it's not here wait there it is" the few times I've been through for parts. Pretty much par for the course, if a little better customer handling than I've seen elsewhere.

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh also don't ever, ever go to Red McCombs or his other spots, McCombs Ford West? My grandfather knew McCombs personally and spit the name out of his mouth every time, but that's anecdotal (and what was asked for). Maybe it's generational but my own experiences having been to these two multiple times, had a terrible time every time with service departments but never bought from them, sales and service are different beasts ofc.

meg_099

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been working with Cavender Grande Ford and they've been excellent. They advertise no mark ups on their website and while I've not ordered a new Mav from them, I'm working with them to get one of their ordered units (which I dont think will actually come). However, from that experience, I can say that they have had me sign a price sheet every time and will give me a photo copy of it as well. Even with dealings via email, they have always asked that I sign or initial the price sheet and send it back. I even noticed a "protection package" on there that added an additional $1k that wasn't previously there, and noted it and they took it off and let me sign the revised price sheet. I get it, they try to make their buck here and there, but atleast they didnt give me any hassle and took it off immediately without question. I've been working with Lance and he's been great.

Sponsored

Suzysparks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S (Ordered a ‘23 Hybrid & Ecoboost)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I reached out to Red McCombs, Grande, and BlueBonnet about ordering a ‘23 Maverick. Red McCombs was a hard no. Grande was okay, but they kept telling me incorrect information regarding ordering, etc. and I gave them multiple opportunities to correct the information. BlueBonnet had all the right information, when the order banks open, etc. , Even with all the changes. Needless to say, I am going with BlueBonnet.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh also don't ever, ever go to Red McCombs or his other spots, McCombs Ford West? My grandfather knew McCombs personally and spit the name out of his mouth every time, but that's anecdotal (and what was asked for). Maybe it's generational but my own experiences having been to these two multiple times, had a terrible time every time with service departments but never bought from them, sales and service are different beasts ofc.

They are all over FB marketplace with insane markups on Mavericks. The sales people never post the dealer name but you can usually tell by the photos.
Sponsored