RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last Auguest/September I think I contacted just about every Ford dealer within 50 miles of Austin (and probably a dozen across other areas of Texas). Every dealer in the Austin area was MSRP or MSRP+ and already had a pretty long order list (the one closest to me already had 19 Maverick orders by mid August). About 1/3 were OK, 1/3 never responded to my e-mails, and the final 1/3 were down-right sleazy. I ended up placing an order with a small Ford dealer in East Texas on October 1st: they offered $500 under MSRP, I was something like order #7 at that dealership, and the salesperson was pretty friendly and helpful. They are pretty far away, but since they are close to my parents house, I did not see that as a big deal.

Unfortunately, as of mid-July I am still unscheduled (unscheduled: clean) and a Priority 10. This dealership has only received 2 Mavericks this year and currently has 2 more in build/delivery. So much for Ford's March commitment to first-in/first-out and no more reliance on dealer allocations :-/ In addition, my salesperson moved to Alaska and the replacement has pretty much been ghosting me. When I finally was able to get him on the phone, his response was "Ford tells us nothing. You know more than us. If we had known how big a fiasco this was going to be, we would have never taken any Maverick orders. All our customers are pissed off and we don't know what to tell them.".

So at this point I have the common delima of keeping the order with this dealer or taking my "private offer" (what-ever that turns out to be) to another (likely higher-volume) local dealer. I already sent my dealer an e-mail asking if they still plan to honor last year's deal. If so, I will just stick with them, but if not, I am back to square one. Already looked at Chapman, etc. and since all I want is a stripped-down XL HYbrid, the shipping costs pretty much negate any "X% under invoice" savings. I do find it funny how you can get significant discounts on Mavericks in Utah, Kansas, and Pennsylvania but no such widely advertised deals in Texas which sells more Ford trucks than anywhere on the planet :-(

Anyone in the Austin area found a volume dealer willing to go under MSRP and not play games with add-ons or ADM? I already looked at X-Plan/etc and the $500 under MSRP was still a much better deal in my case. Not expecting there to be much incentive for local dealers to do anything other than MSRP but thought I would throw out the question (especially since this is a MY22 to MY23 re-order and not a brand new order). Figure that you don't get what you don't ask for. I expect there are others in the same predicimate so would be an easy way for a dealer to score a bunch of quick sales come August 2nd. Thanks.
Sponsored

meg_099

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're willing to come to San Antonio I know Cavender Grande Ford doesn't do any markups and Jordan Ford advertises that they don't. Cavender Grande also I believe honors Xplan pricing

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last Auguest/September I think I contacted just about every Ford dealer within 50 miles of Austin (and probably a dozen across other areas of Texas). Every dealer in the Austin area was MSRP or MSRP+ and already had a pretty long order list (the one closest to me already had 19 Maverick orders by mid August). About 1/3 were OK, 1/3 never responded to my e-mails, and the final 1/3 were down-right sleazy. I ended up placing an order with a small Ford dealer in East Texas on October 1st: they offered $500 under MSRP, I was something like order #7 at that dealership, and the salesperson was pretty friendly and helpful. They are pretty far away, but since they are close to my parents house, I did not see that as a big deal.

Unfortunately, as of mid-July I am still unscheduled (unscheduled: clean) and a Priority 10. This dealership has only received 2 Mavericks this year and currently has 2 more in build/delivery. So much for Ford's March commitment to first-in/first-out and no more reliance on dealer allocations :-/ In addition, my salesperson moved to Alaska and the replacement has pretty much been ghosting me. When I finally was able to get him on the phone, his response was "Ford tells us nothing. You know more than us. If we had known how big a fiasco this was going to be, we would have never taken any Maverick orders. All our customers are pissed off and we don't know what to tell them.".

So at this point I have the common delima of keeping the order with this dealer or taking my "private offer" (what-ever that turns out to be) to another (likely higher-volume) local dealer. I already sent my dealer an e-mail asking if they still plan to honor last year's deal. If so, I will just stick with them, but if not, I am back to square one. Already looked at Chapman, etc. and since all I want is a stripped-down XL HYbrid, the shipping costs pretty much negate any "X% under invoice" savings. I do find it funny how you can get significant discounts on Mavericks in Utah, Kansas, and Pennsylvania but no such widely advertised deals in Texas which sells more Ford trucks than anywhere on the planet :-(

Anyone in the Austin area found a volume dealer willing to go under MSRP and not play games with add-ons or ADM? I already looked at X-Plan/etc and the $500 under MSRP was still a much better deal in my case. Not expecting there to be much incentive for local dealers to do anything other than MSRP but thought I would throw out the question (especially since this is a MY22 to MY23 re-order and not a brand new order). Figure that you don't get what you don't ask for. I expect there are others in the same predicimate so would be an easy way for a dealer to score a bunch of quick sales come August 2nd. Thanks.
Did you contact Mac Haik in Georgetown? If so, was that dealer on the OK, no response, or sleazy list? Did they offer MSRP with no deposit? I'm curious because I ordered from them in June of 2021 and I'm still waiting. I have a VIN and a tentative production week, but I've been waiting a long time.

OP
OP

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you contact Mac Haik in Georgetown? If so, was that dealer on the OK, no response, or sleazy list? Did they offer MSRP with no deposit? I'm curious because I ordered from them in June of 2021 and I'm still waiting. I have a VIN and a tentative production week, but I've been waiting a long time.
No. Since I have seen a bunch of mid and late October orders get VINs, I kept hoping that my MY22 October 1st order would get picked up. Unfortunately, did not happen (still Priority 10 as of this morning). Once we get 100% confirmation on the re-order date (Sept 15th is what everyone talks about but not seen any formal confirmation) then plan to start sending out e-mails and drive to a couple of stores. Only one I have gone to is the one in Bastrop since they are 2 miles from my house but I found them pushy/rude/arrogant and generally not helpful.

Since you have a VIN, you should be golden. As far as I remember reading this Forum, Mac Haik was on the "nice" list (honored MSRP and no ADM) so you should be OK.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a bit of a drive, but Raul at Sewell in Odessa is great! I got a passed on order at MSRP, I can imagine ordering with them would be a great process. I drove 8 hours out and back to get my XL and worth every mile of the trip.
Sponsored