Sponsored

San Antonio / Austin

TVDad5865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Seems like most of the posts are about DFW. Anyone have a dealer to recommend in San Antonio / San Marcos Austin?
Sponsored

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Or if they know a dealer in the area doing courtesy deliveries?

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2020 Sonata
Engine
Undecided
I don't have one to recommend - but I do have one to tell you to STAY AWAY from. That's Maxwell Ford in South Austin. :censored:

Yeppers29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
A couple of us have gone with Mac Haik in North Austin. The experience has been great so far. They are very proactive and quick to respond.

On the Bronco6G forum, Mac Haik has gotten less than stellar reviews, but my experience has been good so far. My only concerns are, they are not accepting X-Plan pricing at this time, but they did state, “This could change in a few months.” And also they have about $1400 in dealer add-ons. Definitely not thrilled about that at all because often those add-ons are pure garbage.

As we get close to taking delivery, I’m going to see if I can get these adds removed or cut down. I’m local so I’ll be taking my Maverick their for servicing…in other words I’ll be a long time customer.

Lastly, they are selling them at MSRP; which in this current market is good to see.

Edit: Wanted to add that absolutely no deposit was required to reserve and order with Mac Haik!

Sponsored

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
I ordered from Mac Haik as well, but I wasn't told anything about $1400 in dealer add-ons. That may be a deal breaker for me, so I'm going to contact them now.

Yeppers29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
I ordered from Mac Haik as well, but I wasn't told anything about $1400 in dealer add-ons. That may be a deal breaker for me, so I'm going to contact them now.
Let me/us know what they say. Tell them others on this forum are not happy about that.

OP
OP

TVDad5865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
A couple of us have gone with Mac Haik in North Austin. The experience has been great so far. They are very proactive and quick to respond.

On the Bronco6G forum, Mac Haik has gotten less than stellar reviews, but my experience has been good so far. My only concerns are, they are not accepting X-Plan pricing at this time, but they did state, “This could change in a few months.” And also they have about $1400 in dealer add-ons. Definitely not thrilled about that at all because often those add-ons are pure garbage.

As we get close to taking delivery, I’m going to see if I can get these adds removed or cut down. I’m local so I’ll be taking my Maverick their for servicing…in other words I’ll be a long time customer.

Lastly, they are selling them at MSRP; which in this current market is good to see.

Edit: Wanted to add that absolutely no deposit was required to reserve and order with Mac Haik!
Thank you for this info! I've never purchased a new car. Can you elaborate on the garbage add-ons? Are these extra warranties, VIN etching, etc, that sort of thing? If they are, what will you do then if they won't take those off? Seems like they'd be betting on demand and a short supply, that you couldn't go elsewhere.

MSRP is good. Did you see the comp between invoice and MSRP? Someone broke down those numbers and it was fascinating to consider how their profit margin works.

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
Let me/us know what they say. Tell them others on this forum are not happy about that.

Just spoke with them. I'm told there are "no extra adds unless you request an add" (like an accessory). Vehicles that are ordered are sold at MSRP. This is good and so now I can rest easy.

Pirategrad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered from Leif Johnson Ford. They’ve been pretty straight with me for a long time. My last purchase from them was a Ranger Lariat Tremor in April. It was a dealer order that I was able to snag it while in transit (and no dealer add ons!!). I ordered a Lariat Maverick for my wife. Got the emaiL from Ford when I reserved it and the next day got an email from a fleet salesperson. I asked to have my regular salesperson shoes done my last three deals handle my sale and got the truck ordered as I wanted with no “dealer-added“ options on the sales order form or deposit required either. Not sure if they do any courtesy drops but I would highly recommend Leif Johnson Ford (Koeing Location). Will never do business with either Maxwell or either of the Covert Fords, ever!!!

Last edited:
Sponsored

Yeppers29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Thank you for this info! I've never purchased a new car. Can you elaborate on the garbage add-ons? Are these extra warranties, VIN etching, etc, that sort of thing? If they are, what will you do then if they won't take those off? Seems like they'd be betting on demand and a short supply, that you couldn't go elsewhere.

MSRP is good. Did you see the comp between invoice and MSRP? Someone broke down those numbers and it was fascinating to consider how their profit margin works.
I was not presented, nor did I request the difference between MSRP and invoice. With the way the market is at the moment, MSRP is mostly fair for all parties IMO….mostly. In every other year since I’ve been of driving age, MSRP or above is a joke and a rich-mans/fools game.

Climo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport

Thanks for the tip on Mac Haik! Reserved one online and this afternoon went into the dealership to make it official. Hour later received the email from Ford that my order is confirmed. No deposit required And no penalties for cancellation. Smooth sailing so far. Now the waiting game.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since Northside Ford in San Antonio seems to be clueless (they called me 3 weeks after I made my reservation / order), I ordered from McArthur in Kansas with the free delivery option.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also placed my order with Mac Haik in Georgetown (North Austin). That's my closest local dealership. I also got the truck at MSRP. Also no deposit. I had no dealer add-ons. The additional items on my order are:

deputy fee$10
document fee$150
dealer's inventory tax$54.10
state inspection fee$7
TOTAL$221.10
also sales tax and license and title fees.
Sponsored