Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Years back I rented a Cadillac CT6 for my son’s wedding and it had the worst road noise of any vehicle I’ve driven in the 50 years. Wind noise it was great… Cadillac???
Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
I once drove an R8, Ferrari, Lamborghini, GTR, 911 Turbo and Viper all on the same day. Then I drove my Corolla home. :(

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I fully expect mine to be loud-ish when I pick it up because it’ll have no bedliner, no tonneau cover and it’ll be rolling on the comical pirelli’s from the FX4 package, likely overfilled with air too.

Hopefully getting the spray in liner and tonneau cover done right away will make a difference if not, I’ll try adding some sound deadening later or just live with it. I really can’t imagine it being loud to the point of being unbearable as I’ve seen stories here of owners driving a couple hundred miles home happily without complaint and usually a long trip is a good test of issues like this.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW, I drove an EcoBoost Maverick an a small, 55 MPH highway and in and out of a small town with crappy streets. The noise level seemed ok to me. Maybe I'm just used to driving inexpensive cars, but it seemed pretty good. It certainly didn't bother me.

Orb1T

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick,Porsche 986,997.1,S4,Tesla
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the Maverick would have to be atrociously loud to bother me. It does sound like some of this has to do with tires from FX4 package.

Our G70 is much quieter than our Forte GT, both running Pilot 4S summer tires. Even so, the Forte is not objectionable and I have a feeling the Maverick (which will replace the Forte) will be quieter.
Neighbor has the fx4 it is louder and seem to feel every bump. It’s the the tires I have continentals on mine none fx4 awd. My issue is the the hood accessories that I attached now my hood shakes and scary at high speed very noticeable. I’m thinking of removing it.

Sponsored

Anton4

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an XLT with FX4, 4K tow and lux. I've put about 2600 miles on it and I have no issues with road or wind noise.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd wager a lot of sound is coming from the back. I'd be curious to hear, no pun intended, about the difference of a bare bed vs one with spray in bed liner, the Mav rubber bed mat, and a tonneau, preferably on a Lariat that has the acoustic windshield.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe you should wear ear muffs, spend 10k more or buy another brand;)
You joke, but this is actually what I did with my old Fiat 500 that I modified removing the muffler and rear seats. Even though I did add some sound insulation back and a flat rear carpeted floor which helped a ton, it was still louder than stock, and stock was already crazy loud compared to most vehicles.

So I have some bose noise canceling headphones, and would just play music through those. Its pretty amazing how good those bose headphones are at canceling out consistent background noise like drone and wind noise, and yet it seems to allow conversations and sirens and the like through.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You need to compare it to another truck. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm confident it will be quieter than the 1990 Silverado it will replace.

It'll be quieter than the 2015 Mustang GT as well, but that's because I often drive around like this in that car.

Ford Maverick Road Noise is horrible in the Maverick 2.0 1637986590608

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd wager a lot of sound is coming from the back. I'd be curious to hear, no pun intended, about the difference of a bare bed vs one with spray in bed liner, the Mav rubber bed mat, and a tonneau, preferably on a Lariat that has the acoustic windshield.
If you fill the back with sheepdogs it keeps the noise down.

Unless they are barking...

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I own an XLT 2.0 AWD 4K Tow FX4 with 17" Alloy Wheel Option and there is not any type of noise issue
at all with this truck. This truck is as solid as a rock. I am not sure that the current lucky and fortunate Maverick owners and that includes myself, are driving the same truck from some of these complaints I read. For the people who are waiting for this magnificent truck to arrive please believe none of these minor complaints as you will be as happy with your Maverick as I am with mine. Hands down one of the best vehicles I have purchased.
I have the same build and I agree with Wilky4258. I stepped out of a 2015 Chrysler 300 wearing Michelins. Of course the Mav is not as quiet, but it is definitely not obtrusive or annoying. I did not expect a serene, tomb-like experience.

I found out on a trip from LV to Laughlin that the type of pavement makes a big difference. Around the city, it's fine.

I did notice some wind noise from the mirrors at highway speeds, not overwhelming, just there.

I am picky, but I also adjust my expectations as warranted. For a $33k pickup with a good amount of toys and lots of capabilities, I'm satisfied.

This is a perfect compromise between the 300 and my '07 Silverado, both of which the Mav is replacing.

Perhaps those seeking greater degrees of quietness might want to visit their friendly Lincoln dealer.

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Noise? I went from a 20 year old Ranger XLT 4X4 to my Maverick XLT 4X4 and it was like going from a Cessna 152 to a glider. My Maverick became even quieter when I changed to Continental DWS 06 Plus tires from the stock Pirellis.
Are the windows rolled up?

noviceexp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I came from a 2021 Tesla Model 3. While I do think the engine noise is too loud at idle and initial acceleration, once it gets going, I find it only moderately louder than the 2019 F150 I had. But, not bad by any stretch.