MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
My daily driver is a motorcycle.

I seriously doubt road noise will be an issue for me.
Sponsored

ScottSG62

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Not seeing (rather hearing) that. My Lariat is on the quiet side.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put some Michelins on it, should help
Good point, tires can make all the difference. When I bought our old 2001 Grand Marquis, the dealer put new tires on it as an incentive. I ended up wishing they hadn't and just knock a few hundred off the price. They were top of the line Cooper tires for that car, but I never liked how the car drove or behaved in rain or snow. Even after having my local dealer check the suspension and alignment. After replacing the Coopers with Michelins, the car drove great. It cornered with confidence and felt good in rain and snow. It was an entirely different car.
I'll never even consider Coopers now. Hope my Maverick Lariat Hybrid (18" wheels) comes with Michelins, otherwise, there will be some tires for sale.

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good point, tires can make all the difference. When I bought our old 2001 Grand Marquis, the dealer put new tires on it as an incentive. I ended up wishing they hadn't and just knock a few hundred off the price. They were top of the line Cooper tires for that car, but I never liked how the car drove or behaved in rain or snow. Even after having my local dealer check the suspension and alignment. After replacing the Coopers with Michelins, the car drove great. It cornered with confidence and felt good in rain and snow. It was an entirely different car.
I'll never even consider Coopers now. Hope my Maverick Lariat Hybrid (18" wheels) comes with Michelins, otherwise, there will be some tires for sale.
Iā€™ve done a lot of work in different tire plants setting tire building machines ,presses, extruders,etc. Many tire brands I wonā€™t consider. especially Continental tires, those will never be on my maverick. Michelin is the way to go for sure.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve done a lot of work in different tire plants setting tire building machines ,presses, extruders,etc. Many tire brands I wonā€™t consider. especially Continental tires, those will never be on my maverick. Michelin is the way to go for sure.
What's your issue with continental? I've had very good experiences with them.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XLT FX4 with the Pirelliā€™s is nice and quiet. I donā€™t know what your idea of noisy is, but my Maverick is quieter on the highway than my ā€˜17 Escape SE was. My wife doesnā€™t have to raise her voice at all when she talks to me, so I donā€™t have to turn up the radio as much to drown it out. šŸ˜†
The XLT 2.0 with FX4 I test drove only let in a tiny amount of tire noise. We opened and closed windows to confirm that was what we were hearing. It wasn't overpowering at all with windows up.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try checking tire inflation my Ranger was 15psi high, set to proper settings and road noise almost disappeared..
Ouch! You're lucky you didn't blow a tire!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol yeah no doubt.....comparing a $85,000 plus vehicle to the Maverick is not exactly fair. Sounds like the OP needs to keep his expectations in check.

Anyway, our Mav is replacing a 2009 Pontiac Vibe so I'm hoping it has less cabin and road noise than an entry level hatch back from 2009.
I had a new 2007 Vibe and traded in on 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Maverick I test drove was no louder than the Vibe from what I remember- but neither are as quiet as the Jeep GC- as would be expected. ;)

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When ever I drop my vehicles off for maintenance, I check all the tires PSI. They are usually high by about 9-12 PSI. The dealer adjusts the pressure for maximum payload and I just bleed them for normal driving and add PSI when hauling something heavy.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It was delivered that way. It was at max indicated on the tire at 45 psi but the pressure indicated on the door sill said 30 psi. No real tire over inflation issue but ride and noise factor suffered. CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE upon deliveryā€¦ Many dealers skip this and seems theyā€™re air up at max capacity when installed at the factory, not for the application..

Sponsored

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine was louder than I cared for on delivery, especially on asphalt highways around DFW - there was a very noticeable drop in noise when the road surface was concrete. I found the tires to be 10 pounds over pressure, dropping back to spec helped - a bit.

I believe the Continental tires are the chief culprit, but I will put up with 'em until time to replace - I don't see these lasting very long, they seem pretty piss-poor to me.

Sound deadening is on the list too..

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When ever I drop my vehicles off for maintenance, I check all the tires PSI. They are usually high by about 9-12 PSI. The dealer adjusts the pressure for maximum payload and I just bleed them for normal driving and add PSI when hauling something heavy.
Last time I got my car inspected it was returned with one tire about 5 lb high and another about 5 lb low. You have to watch them.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I value sound insulation\proofing in a vehicle as the ultimate proof of quality, for me that's more "luxury" than some leather seats or dual climate control..
Question of time and you will have aftermarket things such tires with dampening like this continental or gaskets to place in the doors.
" ContiSilentā„¢ helps reduce interior vehicle noise up to 9 dB(A), depending on the type of vehicle, its speed and the road surface. At the moment it is only available for summer tires and is compatible with all commonly available rims "

I also expect someone will try soon to place dampening material sound on the wheel arches.
maybe there are already some active noise cancellation system that reduce noise in a certain noise frequency range.
I just have to wait for my maverick to say how satisfied I am.

Ford Maverick Road Noise is horrible in the Maverick 2.0 1637976096445

Ford Maverick Road Noise is horrible in the Maverick 2.0 1637976243046

Ford Maverick Road Noise is horrible in the Maverick 2.0 1637976501551

Last edited:

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe you should wear ear muffs, spend 10k more or buy another brand;)

RocketJockey83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius c
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want to experience what loud is REALLY like, try driving up I-80 Outside Larime Wyo. In a Prius c! I suspect the noise in my maverick (if ever built) will not compare!
Sponsored