Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hell no!!!!!
My Eco is a freaking 25 MPG rocket. No exaggeration, my Maverick is fast, almost ridiculous for a small stock truck. It’s not a performance car but damn for what it is…very quick. I have surprised a ton of people at stop lights, it’s funny when they can read my tailgate letters before they knew what happened.
I feel your joy! I couldn't believe the fastest 4 wheeled
vehicle from the factory I have ever owned is now a 4 cylinder small truck, it was impressive at the drag strip too & in the last 3000 miles my combined mpg is 31, the Maverick does everything well.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jim13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got another one.

I know with winter fuel and cold weather, mpg will take a hit. Anyone who lives in a cold climate, how are you feeling about your hybrid,? I'm one of those people that cranks my heat and cracks my window to cool down, so I'm guessing the gas engine will be running, non stop? You think I'll start seeing under 30mpg, consistently?

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel your joy! I couldn't believe the fastest 4 wheeled
vehicle from the factory I have ever owned is now a 4 cylinder small truck, it was impressive at the drag strip too & in the last 3000 miles my combined mpg is 31, the Maverick does everything well.
How impressive is impressive? Quarter mile time?

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the hybrid wasn't an option, we aren't looking at a Maverick at all. It's great for our bikes and camping gear, but we have no need to tow anything - we were looking at compact sedans when the Maverick was announced. So, no regrets; it's doing everything we wanted and at better than compact sedan efficiency (and at a similar, if not cheaper, cost).
AND only $20,000 !!!

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In reality, the hybrid is fine for average suburbanites dealing with moderate traffic, city people or small rural dwellers. The ecoboost is a bit touchy sometimes so I have to switch to eco mode to dial down the throttle response in traffic and have to restrain myself a bit at times because it’s easy to speed in this truck.

For me, I don’t regret the decision at all, especially with driving mine today in torrential rain and flooding with its AWD system which did wonderful.

Power wise even with the touchiness at low speeds the ecoboost is still worth it to me. It’s a rocket that’s quiet, making driving a breeze even on the highway. Fully loaded it still performed great and it’s fun to drive too.

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've test driven both and was equally impressed. The hybrid I test drove in the snow and it handled like a champ. Also enjoyed the quiet ride. Test drove the EB on a mix of city and highway and enjoyed the pep. My order is an EB simply because of the Granger deal and the fact that I wanted to try and get it built this year. My build date as of today is 9/22. Looking forward to it.

JayGA

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Power wise even with the touchiness at low speeds the ecoboost is still worth it to me. It’s a rocket that’s quiet, making driving a breeze even on the highway. Fully loaded it still performed great and it’s fun to drive too.
I can't drive 35. Suburbia is closing in on me sometimes. But empty roads, sport mode, deep breathes lol.

I love the ecoboost. I hope the turbo doesn't wear out and that all the 2.0L issues that the old 2.0s had have been long ironed out.

I don't regret the engine, but I'm sure the tires and transmission do.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would enjoy the peppy EcoBoost but not enough to give up my 43-46mpg. Two acquaintances that ordered both Eco and Hybrid last year. One is keeping his Hybrid and the other is trading in his EcoB for his new Hybrid....mostly for the gas mileage.

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I convinced myself that AWD was non-negotiable but when gas was creeping up to $5-$5.50+ a gallon I was starting to wonder if I couldn't have gotten by with a hybrid.

Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered EBs because by the time I found out the Maverick was a thing hybrid ordering was closed. I'm seriously considering changing my 2022 order that is going to roll over to 2023 to a hybrid. I like the efficiency combined with the utility of the hybrid but I don't drive my vehicle enough for the actual mileage to matter. I have a assigned vehicle at work that I use to commute in, I might drive 6-7k miles a year in my personal vehicle.

Maverisk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had my hybrid for 4 months and have 4000mi on it. Love the mpg and I don't recall ever wanting for power, I'm not even sure I've gotten it near the "100% power" mark. My concerns are 1) recently the engine has started to vibrate when switching from gas to electric that it did not have previously and 2) the regen braking at low speed is borderline dangerous (doesn't really answer your engine question, but is related strictly to hybrid.) I've had to retrain myself on how to brake in stop/go traffic and parking lots. I'm really hoping Ford addresses it.

Connell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Connell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ive read thread after thread and as expected, everyone justifies why they purchased what they did. I’m curious if anybody hates their ecoboost or hybrid and wishes they went with the other one and for what reasons.

I’ve been dead set on one or the other one, switching weekly as both have their pros and cons.
Hybrid xl. Ordered 8/28/21, received 8/3/22. No regrets at all. My first hybrid and I’ll never get a regular ice again. The tech is amazing. Why would regular drivers not have a hybrid? (Although it took me 30 years of driving to get one myself!) I’m at 46 mpg. Sedan hybrids can get get 50 mpg. With gas anywhere from 3.50 to 6 dollars/gallon, it’s such a smart choice.
I hope my mav holds up for at least 8 years. We’ll see. But it was quite inexpensive, so….

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid xl. Ordered 8/28/21, received 8/3/22. No regrets at all. My first hybrid and I’ll never get a regular ice again. The tech is amazing. Why would regular drivers not have a hybrid? (Although it took me 30 years of driving to get one myself!) I’m at 46 mpg. Sedan hybrids can get get 50 mpg. With gas anywhere from 3.50 to 6 dollars/gallon, it’s such a smart choice.
I hope my mav holds up for at least 8 years. We’ll see. But it was quite inexpensive, so….
Totally agree. Anyone that doesn't need towing and/or AWD, the hybrid is a no-brainer. Ford knew the target market for this vehicle. It truly filed a gap for pretty much anyone that doesn't need a full sized truck's capabilities but still wants some usefulness not given with any other vehicle.
Sponsored