First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You Also. Get A 34lb tire. 8-10 lbs heavier than stock! Check the threads that are replacing axles etc
Sorry to hear that. But you are wrong. I looked at specs for exact same two Michelin tires in two sizes 225-65R17 and 245-65R17. They weigh on average 28 lbs. and 31 lbs. respectively. That's a 3 pound difference. Each make of tire will be slightly different but no way there is a 8/10 lb difference.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear that. But you are wrong. I looked at specs for exact same two Michelin tires in two sizes 225-65R17 and 245-65R17. They weigh on average 28 lbs. and 31 lbs. respectively. That's a 3 pound difference. Each make of tire will be slightly different but no way there is a 8/10 lb difference.
Oops I was thinking of my 225/60/18 OEM Michelin Primacy at 24kbs (aftermarket primacy are 26 or more and the General tire mentioned was 34 lbs & the 245 I don't think are OEM.).
As long as we are talking weight check out rotary cast wheels that the increased strength due to force can be up to 30% lighter in weight.

Last edited:

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My advice is visit TireRack and review their videos/test results and the tires specs and decide on what might best fit your wants/needs/budget. Take personal recommendations/hyped-up reviews with a grain of salt, focus on those which seem reasonable, middle of the road. I once followed the trend of the much-hyped tire of the day for my wife's SUV and found that they were worse in every category than the worn out tires I took off.

I also suggest to shop around, and don't rule out buying at the Ford dealership either. They price match most other places on the same tire; and we do it all the time where I work. My last set of tires I got for less than cost and still received my rebate on top of that. They also include lifetime rotations unless the dealership won't honor that -- but they should. You can also opt for either the rebates that may apply or as it's offered right now, bonus points to your Ford Pass account. Currently it's 30,000 pts. and there's a Black Friday promotion coming up which boosts that to 40,000 pts. That's $150 - $200 for parts, accessories, or service! I plan on taking advantage of that myself as I to want better tires to handle winter conditions which are right around the corner.

Good luck with your search!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My advice is visit TireRack and review their videos/test results and the tires specs and decide on what might best fit your wants/needs/budget. Take personal recommendations/hyped-up reviews with a grain of salt, focus on those which seem reasonable, middle of the road. I once followed the trend of the much-hyped tire of the day for my wife's SUV and found that they were worse in every category than the worn out tires I took off.

I also suggest to shop around, and don't rule out buying at the Ford dealership either. They price match most other places on the same tire; and we do it all the time where I work. My last set of tires I got for less than cost and still received my rebate on top of that. They also include lifetime rotations unless the dealership won't honor that -- but they should. You can also opt for either the rebates that may apply or as it's offered right now, bonus points to your Ford Pass account. Currently it's 30,000 pts. and there's a Black Friday promotion coming up which boosts that to 40,000 pts. That's $150 - $200 for parts, accessories, or service! I plan on taking advantage of that myself as I to want better tires to handle winter conditions which are right around the corner.

Good luck with your search!
Yep check dealer. Just ask and get alignment free at mine plus points. Plus if you have extended warranty plan or whatever and they install heavier tire, it's more likely resulting damage will be covered.
EDIT TO ADD: My dealer has get fifth oil change free or 10% off any repair (maybe in addition to fifth free? Didn't ask).

Last edited:

Sponsored

Noofis12

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Falcon Wildpeak Trails are a great option!

Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires Maverick#3

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've got Falken Wildpeak 235/65R17 which came with the optional wheels on my XLT FX4.

Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires 906BC59A-DE12-404F-B66E-CB2322EBFA51_4_5005_c

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

dbp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Transit Connect, 2024 Maverick XLT soon...
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m looking for a set of new tires. I love the aggressive looking tread pattern of all terrains but they serve no realistic purpose for me. I almost never hit dirt roads with my FWD Eco Mav. So I’m curious what cool looking tires are out there. They don’t need to be fully street dedicated but should prioritize street driving (street-ish). I came across the BFG trail terrains which I really like. Something a bit cheaper than BFG would be nice but not required.
I like the looks and feel of the Michelin Defender.....

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep check dealer. Just ask and get alignment free at mine plus points. Plus if you have extended warranty plan or whatever and they install heavier tire, it's more likely resulting damage will be covered.
EDIT TO ADD: My dealer has get fifth oil change free or 10% off any repair (maybe in addition to fifth free? Didn't ask).
Just made 4,100 points for having a service appointment, and now waiting for my 40,000 points for the 4 tires I bought. I also saved almost $400 in the process between price-matching, $72 Ford employee discount, using remaining points I already had. With just the price-matching and Employee discount I got the tires below cost.
The tires I bought normally sell at $202 each, competitor prices were all about $185-186, so that was my price. Take off from that the $18 each for the employee discount and I bought them just below cost. That's a hard to beat deal, and I couldn't even have bought them outright from our distributors for that price. Plus I still get the 40,000 points for the Black Friday promotion that ended today. It's still 30,000 points to the end of the year($150).
The last tires I bought for my Ram I did even better and bought them at something like $20-25 each below cost and still got the $100 rebate. Again, I couldn't have bought them from our tire distributors for that price.

The manufacturers have some great offers, and depending on the dealership staff you can do extremely well. They want you to service your vehicle at their dealers, and while not every dealership is worth doing business with for all your service -- and I dare say, some aren't worth doing any service with at all, unless warranty(and that's debatable too with some), they can still be an excellent choice for your tires.

BTW: I bought Firestone Destination AT2 in 235/65R17 -- only 28 lbs. Had them on my Ram 1500 and had the original AT on my '03 Ranger. great tire in rain/standing water, quiet, wore well, good in heavy snow too. I also had the Destination LE2 on a Cherokee, and they were awesome! Two feet of snow without a concern about getting stuck, they went everywhere.

Last edited:

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And how was it before the new tires?
I don't know. I replaced the tires at around 30 miles when I picked up my Lariat.
Sponsored