First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also suggest to shop around, and don't rule out buying at the Ford dealership either. They price match most other places on the same tire
I want to replace the 18" Michelin All-Seasons that my truck will be fitted with from the factory. I've decided on Toyo Open Country A/T III, and did some checking around online for prices. I figured I'd also check with the dealer I'm getting the truck from. They came in $167 less installed than Tires Plus was online. They wouldn't give me anything for the take offs, but I'll pawn them off on Craigslist or Marketplace.

So, I agree, the dealership may have decent prices on tires. Worth checking. Was for me. And I'll have the tires I want on my truck the day I pick it up. No running around.
Sponsored

EchoPear

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 XLT Hyb/HPR/Lux/360/Bed Rail/Moonroof on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Surprised no one has mentioned the Firestone Destination AT2
Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires IMG_3801

They have a central solid tread pattern that is more mild than other all terrains to help with street-ability. They also happened to rank #1 in tire-reviews A/T test (admittedly, the falkens were not tested). They also scored well in the winter test done just recently by the same publication.

#2 in the test the continental terrain contact a/t also performed best on the road with just a high rolling resistance as main negative.

https://www.tire-reviews.com/Article/2022-Tire-Reviews-All-Terrain-Tire-Test.htm

A fellow forum member Shay did a good video on his setup on his fwd mav (hybrid) although he does get off pavement

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stay on the asphalt so I went with Michelin CrossClimate 2. They are definitely a different aggressive look but they excell at everything other than off road.
Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires 1000001025

Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires 1000001026

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I stay on the asphalt so I went with Michelin CrossClimate 2. They are definitely a different aggressive look but they excell at everything other than off road.
When my OEM's wear out, I think I might give the Pirelli Scorpion WeatherActives a try. A little less odd-looking than the Michelins.

HRG

Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires Pirelli Weatheractive.JPG

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got these Yoko Geolandar A/T G015s from Amazon for $138 each. Can't wait to get them slapped on!

Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires IMG_20231129_091501_583

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Surprised no one has mentioned the Firestone Destination AT2
IMG_3801.jpeg

They have a central solid tread pattern that is more mild than other all terrains to help with street-ability. They also happened to rank #1 in tire-reviews A/T test (admittedly, the falkens were not tested). They also scored well in the winter test done just recently by the same publication.

#2 in the test the continental terrain contact a/t also performed best on the road with just a high rolling resistance as main negative.

https://www.tire-reviews.com/Article/2022-Tire-Reviews-All-Terrain-Tire-Test.htm

I mentioned yesterday that I bought a set. And you are correct, they rank exceptionally well. There are several Youtube reviews which deem the AT2 as one of the best tires.
They are not real "off-road" tires, but excellent tires for people who spend most of their time on paved roads and want tires that ride and handle well, are quiet, and still perform as well as many of the more off-road focused tires.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1000001025.jpg

1000001026.jpg
These will likely be my next tires and I'll put them on the stock wheels then sell the wheels I have now. I might even do the changeover before next winter and just get rid of the KO2's all together a bit early then hopefully the CC2's will last until the warranty is up.

Sponsored
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really nice tires, handle great in all conditions including snow.
If you dont mind can you post some pics of the mav with them installed? I might wait till mon to see if presidents day sale knocks price down a bit more before buying. Seen tons of pics of these tires by themselves but never a picture of them on the mav. Thanks!

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you dont mind can you post some pics of the mav with them installed? I might wait till mon to see if presidents day sale knocks price down a bit more before buying. Seen tons of pics of these tires by themselves but never a picture of them on the mav. Thanks!
Here ya go. I really like the look, just enough beef to perform well off road, but not so much that they buzz on the blacktops.

They're Triple Peak Snowflake rated, and handle well in the snow too.

Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires IMG_20240217_100312_173

Wheels need a wash!
Ford Maverick Recommendations for Aggressive Street-ish Tires IMG_20240217_100254_819

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here ya go. I really like the look, just enough beef to perform well off road, but not so much that they buzz on the blacktops.

They're Triple Peak Snowflake rated, and handle well in the snow too.

IMG_20240217_100312_173.jpg

Wheels need a wash!
IMG_20240217_100254_819.jpg
They look great! Thanks for that! Ive been going deep down the rabbit hole on threads with tires, and made my way into threads regarding a cv axle issue with these little trucks. The stock continental procontact tx's are a 23lb tire. These geolandars are ~32lb each so +9lb on each corner. That is a little worrysome given the cv axles are known to give out prematurely on stock 225's. I love these geolandars so I may still do it though. Maybe Ill call my local ford and confirm it doesnt void warranty before I slap 'em on. Nonetheless thanks so much for posting they look sweet.
Sponsored