Sponsored

Recent software update pushed to the Maverick?

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my little complaints about my Maverick has been that the Air Recirculation settings always resets to "Off" every time I turn off the vehicle. I leave my AC set to the lowest Auto setting at 76 degrees all the time. Well, lo and behold, in the last three days, the recirculation button has remembered its last setting and been turned "On" automatically when starting the truck. So with that stated, has there perhaps been a software update pushed recently? And if so, too bad they didn't fix the memory on the drive mode so I can leave it in "Eco."
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found a "remember last setting" option in settings on the dash.

peepsnet

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0L V8 STX / 2015 Explorer XLT 3.5L V6
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One of my little complaints about my Maverick has been that the Air Recirculation settings always resets to "Off" every time I turn off the vehicle. I leave my AC set to the lowest Auto setting at 76 degrees all the time. Well, lo and behold, in the last three days, the recirculation button has remembered its last setting and been turned "On" automatically when starting the truck.

So has mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I noticed it also.
I have had my Mav for a week and it did not remember the recirculation for the first 3 days. Then all of a sudden... low and behold... it stays on now!!
I picked up my Mav 7/28/22 and I noticed the recirc staying on around 8/2/22 for a timeline!

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you by chance remember where you found that?
Ford Maverick Recent software update pushed to the Maverick? climate.JPG

Page 124 of the manual.

I am GUESSING this isn't limited to Remote Start and would have it remember your setting whenever you start the truck. I don't see why it wouldn't work for both remote and regular start.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate that - I'm away from my truck so I'll give that a try later!

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of my little complaints about my Maverick has been that the Air Recirculation settings always resets to "Off" every time I turn off the vehicle. I leave my AC set to the lowest Auto setting at 76 degrees all the time. Well, lo and behold, in the last three days, the recirculation button has remembered its last setting and been turned "On" automatically when starting the truck. So with that stated, has there perhaps been a software update pushed recently? And if so, too bad they didn't fix the memory on the drive mode so I can leave it in "Eco."
Mine will turn off the recirc while I'm driving it. It did it the first time on the drive home when I bought it, I assumed it was just some automatic thing where it changed to outside air to stabilize the temp or something.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine will turn off the recirc while I'm driving it. It did it the first time on the drive home when I bought it, I assumed it was just some automatic thing where it changed to outside air to stabilize the temp or something.
I believe it will turn automatically turn off recirc without A/C if it detects humidity is too high.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm fairly sure Ford has no ability to push those types of updates over the air...just for the infotainment.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmm. My dealer must have set it because I’ve had my truck for a couple months and it’s always stayed on the last setting.

Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So these aren’t automatic updates. You have to manually update the software your self. Which takes a while so you would have noticed if this had anything to do with a software update.

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it will turn automatically turn off recirc without A/C if it detects humidity is too high.
Based on that theory, it would never stay turned on here as I live on the Gulf Coast where humidity is always high.

OP
OP
PriusHater

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In just under six months of owning my Maverick, it is only in the last three days that the recirculated air has remained On when starting the truck. Never in all the previous time I've owned it has it done that. The AC, Auto, and temperature dial have always remained where they were last set though. Florida weather is traditionally hot and humid. For that matter, we've had short downpours the last three days.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In all of my past cars keeping recirc on all the time led to moldy AC. Better to run fresh air when possible. Sounds like Ford has this programmed correctly to use fresh when possible.

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So these aren’t automatic updates. You have to manually update the software your self. Which takes a while so you would have noticed if this had anything to do with a software update.
How do I know if an update is needed or available? Is this something I should check on periodicly or just look for updates when soemthing is not working correctly? Can I just expect the dealer to update things when I take it in for maintenance?
Sponsored