Sponsored

Received my Maverick today - wrong door panel/handle (not complaining!) Better Pics

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well today was my day - finally took delivery of my Maverick just about 10 months after order. Couldn't be happier 😁

So far, only one minor problem/warranty issue that I missed at dealer is that all my door handles don't match! For some reason, Hermosillo decided that I didn't want all of my door handles to match on my lariat, so they threw in an orange one for fun on the drivers rear door 🀣 Can't complain, at least finally got my Maverick.

Anyone else experience this? Will it be an entire door panel replacement or just the handle πŸ€”

Ford Maverick Received my Maverick today - wrong door panel/handle (not complaining!) Better Pics Driver Side Rear Far XLT
Ford Maverick Received my Maverick today - wrong door panel/handle (not complaining!) Better Pics Passenger Side Reaf Far Correct
Ford Maverick Received my Maverick today - wrong door panel/handle (not complaining!) Better Pics Driver Side Rear Closeup XLT
Ford Maverick Received my Maverick today - wrong door panel/handle (not complaining!) Better Pics Passenger Side Rear Closeup Correct

Ford Maverick Received my Maverick today - wrong door panel/handle (not complaining!) Better Pics 2022-05-04_21-04-39
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cris

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations!!
Mine is being built next week. How long did you wait for after assembly?

OP
OP
dennish

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations!!
Mine is being built next week. How long did you wait for after assembly?
Thanks - Mine was scheduled for week of 4/18, built on 4/20, shipped 4/22, delivered 5/4

ZachSD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GMC Canyon 3.5L (159k)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funny situation with the handles; makes it a little unique I guess haha

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well today was my day - finally took delivery of my Maverick just about 10 months after order. Couldn't be happier 😁

So far, only one minor problem/warranty issue that I missed at dealer is that all my door handles don't match! For some reason, Hermosillo decided that I didn't want all of my door handles to match on my lariat, so they threw in an orange one for fun on the drivers rear door 🀣 Can't complain, at least finally got my Maverick.

Anyone else experience this? Will it be an entire door panel replacement or just the handle πŸ€”

2022-05-04_21-04-39.png
This is just me, but I would have had a laugh about it and never get it replaced or thought about it again.

Aander54

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Thanks - Mine was scheduled for week of 4/18, built on 4/20, shipped 4/22, delivered 5/4
Hope I have the same luck! Mines being built 5/23 week. If I got mine middle or early June I’d be estatic

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Likely someone at the dealership did a little switcheroo…

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So not whole panel, as you see all the orange stuff can be swapped separately but yes it’s a little funny that they missed at the dealership too o_O

Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats!
Yes the whole panel. Look carefully you will see the main panel with the orange handle (from XLT) is also whiter than the bronze main panel.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Apologies upfront and I, of all people, appreciate the humor in this situation, but this kind of quality oversight is unacceptable from ANY vehicle manufacturer. If something this obvious yet non-functioning-critical to vehicle operation can be missed all the way to delivery, what else might be lurking that was "missed"? Quality is Job 1 ?

013SamIAm

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Flex, 1965 Ford Galaxie, 2014 Toyota Camry

2022-05-04_21-04-39.png
They will order you an entire panel.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

2022-05-04_21-04-39.png
They just wanted your back seat drivers to be distracted.

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You know,, it's not a big deal.. but if they can make mistakes like this, they can also mismatch something else we can't see.. like a wire, a screw, a bolt size, things that could go unnoticed until it fails.

only explanations i see..
they keep hiring new employees, too much extra overtime , they are under pressure, or simply they ran out of the panel they need, and could not stop the line so they had to push your unit out for delivery with a quick fix. in their mind the destination dealer would just have it changed later.
Sponsored