papak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to say that I love this truck so far but when I open the rear doors during/after raining, the door seal funnels the accumulated runoff down the inside cabin trim and directly into the seat belt retractor opening. I suspect that this will eventually become a TSB or recall as the retract mechanisms begin to fail.
Sponsored

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's water getting in when the doors are closed.

The upper door seal directing water dumping into the rear footwell area when opening wet is sort of a known design flaw.
You right...I should have read the post more closely.

18hawkeye

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to say that I love this truck so far but when I open the rear doors during/after raining, the door seal funnels the accumulated runoff down the inside cabin trim and directly into the seat belt retractor opening. I suspect that this will eventually become a TSB or recall as the retract mechanisms begin to fail.
My 2022 Lariat is going on its third week in Ford’s service department. I have a severe interior water leak and they cannot find the source. All of my interior was wet from top to bottom and front to back.

Did your problem ever get solved and did you have any water inside on the windows?
Also, what is a TSB? Tks!

Sponsored

Elduchey

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2022 Lariat is going on its third week in Ford’s service department. I have a severe interior water leak and they cannot find the source. All of my interior was wet from top to bottom and front to back.

Did your problem ever get solved and did you have any water inside on the windows?
Also, what is a TSB? Tks!
Any luck on that leak? I'm taking mine in for the second time this month to see if they can find it.

18hawkeye

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any luck on that leak? I'm taking mine in for the second time this month to see if they can find it.
El:

I got the Lariat back yesterday after 20 days in the shop. They had torn it all apart from the headliner to the carpets. The interior and exterior were filthy and the headliner had fingerprints all over it. They found mold in the carpet.

I brought the Service Manager to see it and he said the condition was unacceptable. He is taking it back into the shop on Monday (5/1/2023). On the way home I started getting weird incorrect messages on the screen. I will have them add this to the RO on Monday.

They provided a rental while it was in the shop and he will have a car for me when I drop it off on Monday. I was told that the firewall was part of the issue. Also, something was wrong around the windshield wipers.

Anyone with water issues should contact NHTSA. They are VERY interested in the Ford Maverick water/mold issues.

If you private message me I am happy to provide you with more information that I have discovered and how to proceed.
Sponsored