First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I Just finish completing the modification I added the Raptor-style front grill blackout headlights led DRL, turn signal, and tail lights, Lasfit led all around, and added a turn signal light to side emblems.

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2042.JPG

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2041.JPG
i
Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2042 copy.JPG

I opened the headlight and used zep degreaser to remove the chrome I used the DRL that came with the grill and I cut the headlight insert so they can fit now it works as a DRL and turn signal plus the switch back lasfit . keep in mind the turn signal chrome housing turns white not black when you use ZEP I had to paint it using high-temperature paint.

removing the front bumper and headlights is easy now opening the headlight is very difficult unscrew the 6 Philip screws from the headlight preheat your oven to 350 c place two wood boards on the oven place the headlight on top for 15 minutes with a flat take it out using gloves its very hot use flat screwdriver to separate the housing from the lens and opening the clips, then place the headlight on the oven for another 8 minutes, with a 2inch spatula start opening the headlight you can use a heat gun to keep it hot.

take apart the headlight inserts and dip them in the Zep degreaser and cleaner it takes less than 2 minutes for the chrome to be removed, if you are removing the chrome from the signal housing remember it will turn white, not black. do not apply zep to the reflector's high and low lights.

clean the old glue from the lens and housing and apply new glue to the housing groove if no other modification is needed it. just put it back together you will have a BAP headlight.

on mine, I use a dremer and a diamond wheel to cut the shape of the Led light bar that came with the raptor grill in the top part of the headlight insert. that insert has two points that hold it together with the rest of the insert. it's best to separate it so you can cut it more easily. After that just put together the inserts with epoxy and glue the Led bar to the insert

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2023.JPG

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2026.JPG

you need to cut this part on the turn signal housing if not will be in the way of the new LED bar

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2025.JPG

and you need to cut this part that initially you would insert the screw to hold it in the grill this also gets in the way and hits the insert

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2027.JPG

then just put it back together and seal it

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2038.JPG

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2039.JPG

on the side emblems you need to make a little hole to the side to put the cables tap the cables to the turn signal and that's it

Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting IMG_2040.JPG

on the headlight tap the turn signal the yellow wire from the LED bar, and the red wire to the fuse box I used fuse #33 which is for the heated steering wheel ( mine does not use this fuse I don't have a heated steering wheel ) it gets power when you turn the car for the DRL. and the black cable to ground

and that's it I will put the links to all the materials I used. sorry i did not take more pics or video

Sponsored

OP
OP
luciusxlt

luciusxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i will take a video tonight of the lights working

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
great writeup, thanks for posting! love the look

OP
OP
luciusxlt

luciusxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 for maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LASFIT WT21W LED Bulb Backup Reverse Light Error Free Canbus Ready for 2022 Maverick XL XLT Lariat Xenon White High Lumen 15W 1600LM (2 pack) https://a.co/d/4WDOacL

LED Modules (Straight Black, Amber LED) https://a.co/d/2NErLya

ZXMOTO 13Ft Headlight Sealant Retrofit Refit Butyl Rope Rubber Glue Reseal for Car Headlamps Window Door Windshield (1 Piece) https://a.co/d/fxnlJpT

LASFIT 4257 LED Bulb Switchback for 2022 Maverick XL XLT Front Turn Signal Canbus Ready Built in Resistor Amber Blinker White Daytime Running Light DRL (2 Pack ) https://a.co/d/5oecfCd

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3346090028...fw-9iIORLe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Ford Maverick Raptor style Maverick w/ custom BAP & blackout lighting 1674516751279

PLG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
P-L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 xlt mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh you did it , nice work man, everyone doing it with zep since I posted it :LOL:. can you take a closer pick at your led bar.

Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

Really great work! I think all I might do is add some "f-150 lights" brand LEDS to my cargo area and my front grille.

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Just finish completing the modification I added the Raptor-style front grill blackout headlights led DRL, turn signal, and tail lights, Lasfit led all around, and added a turn signal light to side emblems.

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG
i
IMG_2042 copy.JPG

I opened the headlight and used zep degreaser to remove the chrome I used the DRL that came with the grill and I cut the headlight insert so they can fit now it works as a DRL and turn signal plus the switch back lasfit . keep in mind the turn signal chrome housing turns white not black when you use ZEP I had to paint it using high-temperature paint.

removing the front bumper and headlights is easy now opening the headlight is very difficult unscrew the 6 Philip screws from the headlight preheat your oven to 350 c place two wood boards on the oven place the headlight on top for 15 minutes with a flat take it out using gloves its very hot use flat screwdriver to separate the housing from the lens and opening the clips, then place the headlight on the oven for another 8 minutes, with a 2inch spatula start opening the headlight you can use a heat gun to keep it hot.

take apart the headlight inserts and dip them in the Zep degreaser and cleaner it takes less than 2 minutes for the chrome to be removed, if you are removing the chrome from the signal housing remember it will turn white, not black. do not apply zep to the reflector's high and low lights.

clean the old glue from the lens and housing and apply new glue to the housing groove if no other modification is needed it. just put it back together you will have a BAP headlight.

on mine, I use a dremer and a diamond wheel to cut the shape of the Led light bar that came with the raptor grill in the top part of the headlight insert. that insert has two points that hold it together with the rest of the insert. it's best to separate it so you can cut it more easily. After that just put together the inserts with epoxy and glue the Led bar to the insert

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

you need to cut this part on the turn signal housing if not will be in the way of the new LED bar

IMG_2025.JPG

and you need to cut this part that initially you would insert the screw to hold it in the grill this also gets in the way and hits the insert

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2039.JPG

on the side emblems you need to make a little hole to the side to put the cables tap the cables to the turn signal and that's it

IMG_2040.JPG

on the headlight tap the turn signal the yellow wire from the LED bar, and the red wire to the fuse box I used fuse #33 which is for the heated steering wheel ( mine does not use this fuse I don't have a heated steering wheel ) it gets power when you turn the car for the DRL. and the black cable to ground

and that's it I will put the links to all the materials I used. sorry i did not take more pics or video

Well done! Creativity and ingenuity at it’s finest!

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be great if you could snap a pic of the Raptor style grill facing the light.
TIA

ArkAngelx3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang( 03 Cobra, 18 GT)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What part is the front grill with the FORD logo?

Sponsored

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG
i
IMG_2042 copy.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2038.JPG

IMG_2039.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

I love this grill so much, and there is something about it on the Maverick that makes it even better. maybe its the 'Tiny but fierce' vibe. lol I wish it was standard because I dont think I have the capacity to do it myself.

ArkAngelx3

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang( 03 Cobra, 18 GT)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
looks like this doesn't fit the one with front Radar. Also did you buy the FORD lettering separate?

Dano67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Equinox (2023 Hybrid Lariat Lux...some day)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love this grill so much, and there is something about it on the Maverick that makes it even better. maybe its the 'Tiny but fierce' vibe. lol I wish it was standard because I dont think I have the capacity to do it myself.
I'm 100% with you on the look and capacity (or guts) to try this myself. :) However, it may not matter much if I never receive my hybrid. lol

timmytonga

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice job! I’m a big fan of these baby raptor grills. Still waiting for my maverick but i’ve almost bought a grill several times already. holding off though because mine will have adaptive cruise so i need the cutout. i hope someone makes one that is compatible with that in the near future…
Sponsored