Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got mine installed this weekend with no issues looks factory.
20220514_154508.jpg
Did you have any issues with it not shutting off with your factory DRLs? What wire did you tap into? White?

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Diesel Crew Cad
Did you have any issues with it not shutting off with your factory DRLs? What wire did you tap into? White?

No but mine was a little different I have a XL I put lariat headlights on it had to run separate power
wire to power them that turns on and off by the key switch.

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got mine installed this weekend with no issues looks factory.
20220514_154508.jpg
Looks great! How did you do the Lariat headlights? Is the Ford logo also lit up? How did you do that as well? All Looks great!

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Diesel Crew Cad
Looks great! How did you do the Lariat headlights? Is the Ford logo also lit up? How did you do that as well? All Looks great!

Hooking up the lariat lights to the XL is really no problem it's the same light same everything except DLR running lights.

So to plug in the XL has a spot on it where there's not a wire because is not necessary so you have to put in the right pin in the plug then hook it to a hot fused wire which I did that came on by the key switch in the fuse panel on the passenger floorboard.

Now the Ford lighted emblem was something I found on the Internet that came from Off-Road Auto parts.

https://off-roadautoparts.com/produ...MIj8bahPKu9wIVl3NvBB0fZgp5EAQYAyABEgI83_D_BwE

It took a while to get I think it comes directly from China but the quality was better-than-expected

This is where it gets a little tricky I took the existing emblem and die grinded it out the outer ring so it would fit the maverick grill like factory. This Ford lighted emblem slides in this outer ring and I epoxy it in to place so it fit like the factory emblem on the grill.

So I added the power wire to the Refined Truck Ford Maverick Lightning Style Bar -DRL and the emblem and the headlights DLR so when I turned the headlights off these all stay on. This keeps the daylight running lights from coming on at same time.

Hope this helps

Ford Maverick Custom Lightning-style LED light bar strip added to Maverick grille Ford emblem

Ford Maverick Custom Lightning-style LED light bar strip added to Maverick grille 20220514_150721

Ford Maverick Custom Lightning-style LED light bar strip added to Maverick grille 20220514_144603

Sponsored

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great job, looks amazing!

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hooking up the lariat lights to the XL is really no problem it's the same light same everything except DLR running lights.

So to plug in the XL has a spot on it where there's not a wire because is not necessary so you have to put in the right pin in the plug then hook it to a hot fused wire which I did that came on by the key switch in the fuse panel on the passenger floorboard.

Now the Ford lighted emblem was something I found on the Internet that came from Off-Road Auto parts.

https://off-roadautoparts.com/produ...MIj8bahPKu9wIVl3NvBB0fZgp5EAQYAyABEgI83_D_BwE

It took a while to get I think it comes directly from China but the quality was better-than-expected

This is where it gets a little tricky I took the existing emblem and die grinded it out the outer ring so it would fit the maverick grill like factory. This Ford lighted emblem slides in this outer ring and I epoxy it in to place so it fit like the factory emblem on the grill.

So I added the power wire to the Refined Truck Ford Maverick Lightning Style Bar -DRL and the emblem and the headlights DLR so when I turned the headlights off these all stay on. This keeps the daylight running lights from coming on at same time.

Hope this helps

Ford emblem.jpg

20220514_150721.jpg

20220514_144603.jpg
The XL grill goes great with the light bar. My Lariat is kind of jealous.
Ford Maverick Custom Lightning-style LED light bar strip added to Maverick grille 20220516_170343

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone with these have the temperature reading of the lights themselves and/or of the stock lights vs switchbacks? I've read a lot of discourse regarding flickering in video and coloration differences in the thread but haven't seen numbers just yet.

Dagreeny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2922 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I heard that these remain on for 10 minutes after the engine is turned off.
Is that the case with these?

Cruzer01

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the XL hybrid and the light bar turns off along with the headlights as soon as I take the key out and open the door. My signal/Switchback lights stay on for a few minutes then all goes off.

Sponsored

Waders41

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, hybrid, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then I am perplexed. I tapped into every wire.
Before I go tapping into every wire, it sounds like you tried every wire going into the headlight and the best you got was the all brown wire?

And the brown wire will turn the light bar on and off with the headlights?

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before I go tapping into every wire, it sounds like you tried every wire going into the headlight and the best you got was the all brown wire?

And the brown wire will turn the light bar on and off with the headlights?
Yes, you are correct. I essentially turned the light bar into an extension of the low beam headlights. And I'm okay with that. The potential battery drain, however unlikely, by tapping into the white DRL wire was enough for me to make the switch.

I have a hunch the Lariat DRLs are controlled by the headlight assembly, and the white wire is just a constant power source, but I don't feel like opening the $1500 headlight assembly to find out though.

Plus as previously mentioned, the light bar isn't markedly noticeable during the day. It just looks like a white strip under the lip of the hood. See pictures below. First 2 pics are with the lightbar on. Third pic is with it off.
Ford Maverick Custom Lightning-style LED light bar strip added to Maverick grille 20220523_102828

Ford Maverick Custom Lightning-style LED light bar strip added to Maverick grille 20220523_102821

Ford Maverick Custom Lightning-style LED light bar strip added to Maverick grille 20220519_145536

Last edited:

Waders41

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, hybrid, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My kit is in my mailbox and I am thinking I will follow your lead on this one. I dont want it staying on for 20 minutes after I leave the car, not really because of batter drain, but more because if I park in front of store or something at night, I dont want lights shining at everyone without the ability to turn them off. I am perfectly happy with just having the bar running at night.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a FYI, these ARE NOT drop in and ready to install.

I finally got around to installing my LED strip bar today. As others have stated I had to trim the plastic pieces to make the bar fit across the grill (was to long). Then I had to trim the end of the LED strip itself to fit in the now correct length plastic pieces.

while I had all the pieces trimmed and now fitting across the grille correctly with the LED strip out, I plastic welded all the pieces together so now each piece isn’t a section, its one solid piece. I then sanded the plastic strips and painted matte black because I didn’t like the shiny black that didn’t match the factory grill black matte color.

so now my bar is one solid piece (like they should come) and match the matte black on the grille.

IMO this light kit is worth maybe $50 at most with all the work people are having to do to make them right to fit.

jsinkler

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
By Nom W.

Added a custom light bar to the front of the Mav… not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s alright lol, I think it looks cool... thoughts? Update: ok, didn’t think I would have to explain this but here it goes, this is not a “light bar” like what many are thinking, will not blind people, and is angeled down and is less bright than the stock DRLs, is putting out less than 30 lumens… THIRTY lumens people! Lol similar to your smartphones flashlight but spread into a strip.

I wired my light bar to the white headlight wire (driver's side). It remains lit for a very long time after all other lights time out. Is there another wire I can tap into that would go off with the other lights?
Sponsored