First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really tempted to mock up how this would look with the lights mounted in the horizontal bar. Also maybe just two wider bulbs to have symmetry and be similar to the turn signals.

The main problem then is the dead space where the Lariat LED strip is on the XL/XLT
Sponsored

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really tempted to mock up how this would look with the lights mounted in the horizontal bar. Also maybe just two wider bulbs to have symmetry and be similar to the turn signals.

The main problem then is the dead space where the Lariat LED strip is on the XL/XLT
I had the same thought. I also don't have any desire to try and take the lights apart to try to do something similar to the LED strip in the Lariat. My luck would be I would muck up the lights and be out WAY more to replace the whole assembly

OP
OP

Mkuket

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I wonder how 3 lights would look
Seems everyones doing the Raptor grill cuz it's too bad ass!
The way the xl grille is the only way to do 3 is to put them on the emblem bar but I thought that would be too low

OP
OP

Mkuket

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

I really like the idea of wider lights to match the turn signals! I wish there was something that was the size of the indents in the grille

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the idea of wider lights to match the turn signals! I wish there was something that was the size of the indents in the grille
that would be cool but I think just wider bulbs works. Iā€™m not a huge fan of switchback bulbs and I think this kinda integrates a little better. Hereā€™s a bad Paint ā€˜renderā€™

Sorry to high jack your thread OP

Ford Maverick Raptor Style Grille Lights on 2022 Maverick 8754FD64-A4F3-40E4-A723-CF4E5D14DBE2

Sponsored

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drilled into my factory XL bumper from the backside with a 3/4" hole saw in reverse for a super clean cut and wired the Raptor style lights from the amber marker lights on the bumper.
Raptor style grille lights 2022 Ford Maverick 2.jpg
First I want to say this looks great. I also want to say this can ONLY be done this way because the XL grill is the ONLY grill that will accommodate these lights. I kept looking at this post and knew something didn't look right. There are others who kept posting "is this a stock grill" and the OP kept posting "Yes".

Well, most all early Ford photos don't properly point out the proper XL grill and I still can't figure that one out. Maybe the Factory didn't use this grill in the early XL models or maybe it's just me? I do know by looking at SOME photos of XL models posted by actual Mavericks delivered the XL grill is unique!

Ford Maverick Raptor Style Grille Lights on 2022 Maverick XLT Grill

XLT grill

Ford Maverick Raptor Style Grille Lights on 2022 Maverick Lariat Grill

Lariat grill

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First I want to say this looks great. I also want to say this can ONLY be done this way because the XL grill is the ONLY grill that will accommodate these lights. I kept looking at this post and knew something didn't look right. There are others who kept posting "is this a stock grill" and the OP kept posting "Yes".

Well, most all early Ford photos don't properly point out the proper XL grill and I still can't figure that one out. Maybe the Factory didn't use this grill in the early XL models or maybe it's just me? I do know by looking at SOME photos of XL models posted by actual Mavericks delivered the XL grill is unique!

XLT Grill.jpg

XLT grill

Lariat Grill.jpg

Lariat grill
Donā€™t understand why these lights couldnā€™t be installed into either XLT or Lariat. The spacing would be different but it looks like a 3/4ā€ hole would fit either one.

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was expecting it to say DORD like the other knockoffs. Yours looks good. Keep it up.
do they actually come saying ā€œDordā€ or is that just fudged in the picture to avoid issues? I having been looking at those for awhile for my Escape

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed the Lariat having a different grill but didnā€™t realize theyā€™re all different. I want to say the Lariat has the active louvres at the top so it wouldnā€™t be possible

Sponsored

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Donā€™t understand why these lights couldnā€™t be installed into either XLT or Lariat. The spacing would be different but it looks like a 3/4ā€ hole would fit either one.
I took a close look at the photo of the back of the grill provided in the original post and I don't believe it will work. The light is bigger than 3/4 inches and I don't think there's room for the flange (seal) around the light without encroaching on raised areas of either of the other designs. The XL has such a "natural' area for these lights in the grill design.

I could be wrong -- wouldn't be a first.

Ford Maverick Raptor Style Grille Lights on 2022 Maverick 61J4qndqIAL._AC_SL1000_

OP
OP

Mkuket

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

XLT Grill.jpg

XLT grill

Lariat Grill.jpg

Lariat grill
Thanks for pointing this out! A lot of people asked what grille it is and it is stock! I like how mine is the only one where you can do 4 evenly spaced to make it even more unique. I haven't seen or measured an xlt or lariat grille but it could probably be done just like I did mine with however many lights they'd like!

LEDLITES

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GREENE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LX80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP if you can please go on your amazon and link the part. Thank you very much.
Sponsored