First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I heard that these remain on for 10 minutes after the engine is turned off.
Is that the case with these?
Yes with the Lariat that is true. My DRLs turn off immediately and the light strip stays on for a long time afterwards 10-15 minutes.

Like Hdang1980 I tapped in to the white wire per the video the light bar creator showed on a Lariat trim Maverick since I own a Lariat and it stayed on.
Sponsored

1stE

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
muscle car
Did you have to remove the front grill to install that Ford lighted emblem?

1stE

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
muscle car
By Nom W.

Added a custom light bar to the front of the Mav… not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s alright lol, I think it looks cool... thoughts? Update: ok, didn’t think I would have to explain this but here it goes, this is not a “light bar” like what many are thinking, will not blind people, and is angeled down and is less bright than the stock DRLs, is putting out less than 30 lumens… THIRTY lumens people! Lol similar to your smartphones flashlight but spread into a strip.

can I purchase one of these?

SmittyRN

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 , 2016 MINI Cooper S
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes with the Lariat that is true. My DRLs turn off immediately and the light strip stays on for a long time afterwards 10-15 minutes.

Like Hdang1980 I tapped in to the white wire per the video the light bar creator showed on a Lariat trim Maverick since I own a Lariat and it stayed on.
This is the information I came here to find.

I've got a Lariat, and I installed mine at first by watching the installation video, since there are no installation instructions included with it. First off, it's not a proper installation video, it's more like some kid who just got the lights and is showing off his installation. Second, they don't tell you that it's not the instructions for the Lariat, so I think that they have stuck the double sided tape on the wrong side of the brackets, so I scraped it off and installed new tape. Before I install them, I wire them up as shown in the video.... nothing. I troubleshoot and it seems the lights work, just not off of that wire. I hit the Googles and then I find a different video, which turns out was lower on the same page as the first video. I've seen the video before when I was shopping for them, but didn't realize that they were on a different trim as the other one. So I tap into the wire they show after a trip to the parts store to get more wire taps; they work, but I have the same problem as the guys above. Time to install the lights themselves, and that's when I realize that the Lariat need the double sided tape where it was originally. So back to the store to buy more tape since I've used the last of mine. Then one of the brackets came apart along one of the corners since they are pretty thin. Luckily, I have a 3D printer, and made a new one that's a little thicker. Now, thanks to the guys above, it looks like I have a solution to the eternal light problem.

All in all, it's not a bad kit, just needs a little thicker brackets and some proper written instructions that have correct info for each level of trim.

Jackkal22

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By Nom W.

Added a custom light bar to the front of the Mav… not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s alright lol, I think it looks cool... thoughts? Update: ok, didn’t think I would have to explain this but here it goes, this is not a “light bar” like what many are thinking, will not blind people, and is angeled down and is less bright than the stock DRLs, is putting out less than 30 lumens… THIRTY lumens people! Lol similar to your smartphones flashlight but spread into a strip.

How long till they will be back in stock?
Sponsored