First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer’s mobile service unit came today and installed the rear light update software. While outside the turn signals flash at the same rate as before, on the dash indicator it’s at least twice as fast. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine is doing that as well but I have replaced with LED bulbs.

OP
OP
Palms

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the LasFits installed and this wasn't happening before the update. I did have the passenger side tail light not light up on ocassion.

Rolmav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the LasFits installed and this wasn't happening before the update. I did have the passenger side tail light not light up on ocassion.
I'm having the same issue with hyper flash inside not out. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the recall and the LED bulbs. Sometimes it won't hyper flash or it will be normal speed for a second then hyper flash.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My dealer’s mobile service unit came today and installed the rear light update software. While outside the turn signals flash at the same rate as before, on the dash indicator it’s at least twice as fast. Has anyone else experienced this?
Good afternoon. Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this turn signal concern? Thank you!

Sponsored

Silver23

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the bulbs, simple. The truck doesn't like the LEDs.
Take it to the dealer you will get a nice bill for at least an hour labor. No warranty because you put those LED bulbs in and they are not compatible with the truck.

90south

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Scheduled to have my software updated this Thursday.

OP
OP
Palms

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the bulbs, simple. The truck doesn't like the LEDs.
Take it to the dealer you will get a nice bill for at least an hour labor. No warranty because you put those LED bulbs in and they are not compatible with the truck.
This wasn't happening before the update.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This wasn't happening before the update.
So before the update the vehicle wouldn’t hyperflash inside which is the reason for the update. Now the vehicle does hyperflash and Silver 23 is saying it is reacting to your bulbs which sounds reasonable.

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try putting the oem bulbs back in

Sponsored

TOMV

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TOM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD MAVERICK XLT HYBRID
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm having the same issue with hyper flash inside not out. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the recall and the LED bulbs. Sometimes it won't hyper flash or it will be normal speed for a second then hyper flash.
Same Here Just had the recall done this morning now it is hyper flashing in the cab

Returned the bulbs back to Amazon to get a refund

LASFIT sent me the new T3-4257R to try
some times they hyper flash in the cab for about 1.5 seconds then they work fine.

Last edited:

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess im going to take my led bulbs out before I get the recall, and then put them back in after to see if anything changes.

Skot5272

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had my update and I’m getting the hyper flash on the dash too. Exterior flash appears normal. No issues before with Lasfit bulbs.

nherweck89

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was about to start a thread for this exact issue. Brought in my Maverick for a Check Engine Light and had a few recalls knocked out at the same time. After having my car for thirty seconds I noticed the hyperflashing inside but not outside. I called the dealer and he had me schedule an appointment for next week. Hoping someone comes up with a solution. I've got the Lastift bulbs installed throughout, hoping I don't have to go back to halogen bulbs...

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's already been hashed to death here: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/hyper-flash-after-turn-signal-recall.41191/

Short version of story (my understanding/opinion only). Ford issued safety recall to correct a burnt out blub notification with the factory configured light bulbs. The safety recall software update cured the issue with factory lighting & blub types, however, it will cause the hyperflash on the instrument panel if you have changed to aftermarket bulbs like Lastfit, etc. but from what i understand the exterior blubs function correctly. That's my understanding - I could be wrong. It would also be my "assumption" that if you don't want the hyperflashing on the instrument panel, you'll probably need to purchase new LED blubs that are compatible with the software fix/update. or just don't get the update done.
Sponsored