inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was vacuuming out mine today and was using a Ridgid 18v shopvac. It comes with an ABS plastic attachment for small skinny spaces, so I was using it between the seat and door to pick up fluff.

I **** you not, the mere act of moving the plastic piece along the carpet *lightly* rubbing the trim plastic was enough to scuff it.

Seriously wtf were they thinking. I get in Ford passenger vans with 300k on them that have seen tens of thousands of passengers and the interior is holding up better than our Mavericks.

I may upgrade to the new model if they increase interior quality. Or possibly we can buy the new 2025 interior and upgrade our old ones? That would be pretty slick!!
Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And yet, someone told us on here that the 2024 interiors seem to be of better quality, in which they don't scratch as easily. I call bulls*** on that one! The moment I took delivery, there was already a big nail scratch on the driver's door. It seems if you look at it too hard, it'll scratch. I had to touch up one on the top of the dash near the gauge cluster hood since I take on and off a sunshade everyday. Just the simple act of that is enough to scratch the dash which shouldn't happen. Even if the Maverick starts at $23K, there's no excuse for plastics to be that fragile. Go sit in an equivalently priced Nissan Sentra, Kia Forte, Toyota Corolla, or Honda Civic and try to scratch the dash or seat trim. It'll be hard to do. Also Ford, there's this beautiful thing called injection-molding plastic. You should think about using it in your near future.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It scuffs easy, sure. But personally I don't have an issue with it.

I will say that earth tones and grays would be a much smarter choice... but they don't care. The amount of this crap and shiny gloss plastic I see in vehicles now days is appalling. I also believe a large amount of it is due to the color. Dark blue with any amount of a scuff on it turns to light blue. It's 10x more noticeable than other colors.

Either way, 303 is your friend.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ranting is allowed. I think this is the 10,000 rant on interior quality. But my position is that if ranting lowers someone's blood pressure for a while, then ranting is good.

OP
OP

inline_five

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ranting is allowed. I think this is the 10,000 rant on interior quality. But my position is that if ranting lowers someone's blood pressure for a while, then ranting is good.
Thanks...you work so hard to buy something, the last thing you want is for it to look bad after just a few months.

Just really frustrating. I really like the truck otherwise.

When looking at the new 2025 videos they have out there, Ford has draped curtains across the entire interior making me think they may have upgraded it.

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has draped curtains across the entire interior making me think they may have upgraded it.
Or the curtains are supposed to help protect the interior from scratches

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a cheap truck so I don't mind too much.
Agreed.
One of the main reasons I sold my Rav4 Prime - I didn't want to drive around in a $45k Rav4. It was still just a $28k Rav4 quality-wise, but with a better drivetrain. Increased in value after purchasing, so I sold it. (and got to keep a nice tax credit)

I prefer a cheaper vehicle. I miss the days of driving a beater than I didn't need to wash. Less worry over scratches, etc. Only reason I'm in a newer vehicle is the safety and mpg. No sense saving money if I end up dead in a car accident thanks to my econobox.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

yeah it scuffs... but I'm so relieved that there is only one single piece of black piano plastic in the entire truck and it is at the 6 o'clock position of the steering wheel and that is it...

Sponsored

metomwhou

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 C8, 2016 HellCat, 2014 Nissan Frontier-V8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you tried taking a heat gun and running that over the scuffs? Works wonders on my Nissan, i "freshen" it up every spring. Now, it won't take out gouges or deep cuts but light scratches, scuffs and some discoloration go bye-bye....

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had my 22 maverick for almost 2 years and really don't have any major scratching issues. There are some minor scuffs but nothing that stands out as an eye sore.

MavDan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand the "well it's inexpensive" take. It took me 13 years to save up for this truck. My 2007 Equinox doesn't have any scratches. My truck went in for recall work in January. I got it back yesterday. It's May. Why? Because they mauled the interior and every time they touch it, they F up something else. They have replaced about 60% of the interior plastic and they still aren't finished fixing it. Ford could have easily made the interior hard plastic and this wouldn't be an issue. Stop being a Ford Apologist.

Andy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was vacuuming out mine today and was using a Ridgid 18v shopvac. It comes with an ABS plastic attachment for small skinny spaces, so I was using it between the seat and door to pick up fluff.

I **** you not, the mere act of moving the plastic piece along the carpet *lightly* rubbing the trim plastic was enough to scuff it.

Seriously wtf were they thinking. I get in Ford passenger vans with 300k on them that have seen tens of thousands of passengers and the interior is holding up better than our Mavericks.

I may upgrade to the new model if they increase interior quality. Or possibly we can buy the new 2025 interior and upgrade our old ones? That would be pretty slick!!
Not to mention the wife’s jewelry and the grand kids. Ours is 2.5 years old and it has its battle scars for sure
Sponsored