First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
225,000 mi. Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it comes on the ranger and works for the ranger....why wouldn't it work for the Mav??

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it comes on the ranger and works for the ranger....why wouldn't it work for the Mav??
Because Maverick and Ranger are not spelled the same.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
your receiver in your radio is tuned to receive specific frequencies of Radio Frequency spectrum. The antenna is matched to it for best reception. Size of antennas is an indicator of frequency range. If the Ranger receiver and Maverick receiver are not tuned for same frequency range you *could* have a mis-match between the receiver and antenna and get worse reception.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WOW!!! These 1st world problems sure are difficult!!!

Sponsored

samesk8r

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick “Maverick” XLT hybrid Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which wireless bandwidths/systems does that part of the antenna support? Just radio? I'm worried the mast or the wire wrapped around it provides WiFi range and other connected services. I've been using remote start way more than I thought I would.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
your receiver in your radio is tuned to receive specific frequencies of Radio Frequency spectrum. The antenna is matched to it for best reception. Size of antennas is an indicator of frequency range. If the Ranger receiver and Maverick receiver are not tuned for same frequency range you *could* have a mis-match between the receiver and antenna and get worse reception.
But wouldn't a better antenna (more windings) give you better reception? I remember the analog TV antenna's there were good, better and best. Each one more robust than the next in vanes. What about CB radios? The length of the antenna gave better reception, now we rely on windings, etc. 32" for AM and 100" for FM. Hence the Shark Fin! It gets more of an effective length into a smaller area.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But wouldn't a better antenna (more windings) give you better reception? I remember the analog TV antenna's there were good, better and best. Each one more robust than the next in vanes. What about CB radios? The length of the antenna gave better reception, now we rely on windings, etc. 32" for AM and 100" for FM. Hence the Shark Fin! It gets more of an effective length into a smaller area.
It does.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I literally took the one I'd bought and put on my Ranger onto my Maverick back in October.

Why wasn't it news back then?!?!!

I even took it off my Ranger before I received my Maverick. What would be the odds that Ford would use a different antenna screw for different vehicles? Zero.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not an Antenna Engineer (too much math for my simple brain, LOL) but I did work closely with many during test, verification, and certifications of cell phones for 10 years in R&D engineering at Motorola, Nokia, Microsoft and had a functional working knowledge.

here's a link to my quick search and 1st reference (mouser) has a 9 page .pdf linked "explainer" attached if you really want to dig into it. I pasted the opening paragraph they highlighted on the site too (bolded emphasis by Mouser)

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=basic+antenna+principle

Antenna Basic Concepts
https://www.mouser.com › pdfDocs › antennabasicc...

" An antenna is a device to transmit and/or receive electromagnetic waves. Electromagnetic waves are often referred to as radio waves. ... An antenna must be tuned (matched) to the same frequency band as the radio system to which it is connected, otherwise reception and/or transmission will be impaired. "

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WOW!!! These 1st world problems sure are difficult!!!
That what I am talking about. I mean it’s just a freaking antenna. It looks bad? It’s too long? I just don’t know many people that look at cars and trucks and say. “AH MAN THAT IS A NICE RIDE, BUT THAT ANTENNA HAS TO GO!

:ROFLMAO::poop:

GlockEDC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine didn't come with anything...Just has a threaded hole...

weebee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2019 Subaru Forester limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which wireless bandwidths/systems does that part of the antenna support? Just radio? I'm worried the mast or the wire wrapped around it provides WiFi range and other connected services. I've been using remote start way more than I thought I would.
The wire wrapped around the antenna is to reduce wind noise. Mostly now. It is just a molded shape into the antenna.

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any reason you wouldn't want to get the one marketed as for the Maverick?
I haven't seen anyone specifically targeting the Maverick for the stubby. Maybe too new. But, as the old saying goes, "If the stubby fits ... "
Sponsored