First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else’s radio sound cut out for just a second. Then a pop is heard over all speakers. Sound resumes. Happens with Airplay or radio. No change on display. Happens once a day with limited time I drive. 400miles/month.
Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone else’s radio sound cut out for just a second. Then a pop is heard over all speakers. Sound resumes. Happens with Airplay or radio. No change on display. Happens once a day with limited time I drive. 400miles/month.
No, This does not sound normal.

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine does it also freezes

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi there. This radio concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has done that too, I haven’t been able to pinpoint it to anything.

Sponsored

Las Cruces FX4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has had the same issues. Have you checked your software for updates? Updates through the settings seemed to help but not a 100%.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes mine does this almost daily

sk8masta88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there. This radio concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
My hybrid does this often too

Sponsored

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bumping an old thread here. Mine popped tonight, and it was quite loud -- scared me. I recently swapped the front door speakers, and unplugged the dash tweeters. I did notice that it was "indexing the usb drive" when the pop happened (I was listening to radio though). I removed the thumb drive, and will see if it happens again.

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine does this from time to time. I can't associate it with any specific time or condition.

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I posted about this a couple weeks ago. Have had my truck for a moth and FM radio audio "breaks up" on a regular basis. USB and Bluetooth sound fine. Most of the time its not real noticeable. Sometimes very noticeable. I notice that my truck is sending data back and forth to FORD on a very regular basis. Looks like this is for GPS and other info Ford and Ford Pass use to interact with the app that remote starts your truck and other features. I started to experiment a little and wondered if the data transmission was interfering with RF processing of the stereo. I went into the control panel and turned off all the data features. I drove the rest of the way home for 20 or so minutes. FM stations sounded about the best I've heard in the month I've had the truck!? Did not notice any breakup at all. Maybe I'm crazy? Maybe the Sync version in my truck can't handle multitasking as well as the higher versions of Sync? Does this data transmission use the same antenna as the radio? I've run auto update and believe everything is on the newest version.

Josh_ua

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Ford EcoSport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Old thread, but same issues.
Regular small popping noises. On Saturday my radio made a loud static pop scared the crap out of me! I was just regular driving a warning showed on the screen that the rear camera couldn't be displayed and I should contact the dealer, about 30 seconds later the radio made the loud pop. Stopped truck shut off and restarted, camera issue hasn't happened but still small popping noises.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Old thread, but same issues.
Regular small popping noises. On Saturday my radio made a loud static pop scared the crap out of me! I was just regular driving a warning showed on the screen that the rear camera couldn't be displayed and I should contact the dealer, about 30 seconds later the radio made the loud pop. Stopped truck shut off and restarted, camera issue hasn't happened but still small popping noises.
Hey there, Joshua! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this radio pop concern for you? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!
Sponsored