First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello to all. As an aspiring geriatric, I will first apologize for my ineptitude when it comes to electronics. Just brought my new 2,0 EB AWD 4k tow Maverick home last night. First impressions are good. The only issue I have is that after putting presets into both the AM and FM, The display for the presets is stuck on AM. It will display any FM station and play them, but the presets stay stuck on AM. Am I missing something or is this "my" Maverick glitch?
Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hello to all. As an aspiring geriatric, I will first apologize for my ineptitude when it comes to electronics. Just brought my new 2,0 EB AWD 4k tow Maverick home last night. First impressions are good. The only issue I have is that after putting presets into both the AM and FM, The display for the presets is stuck on AM. It will display any FM station and play them, but the presets stay stuck on AM. Am I missing something or is this "my" Maverick glitch?
That's odd, I can't preset my am station's because it stays on the fm ones.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Change the presets by selecting your station (AM or FM), then long-press the number until the station is set. Had to do this with the 15 or so stations available with my Sync 3 as they have up to 3 presets you can program ...... Owners Manual Pg 384 at the bottom, for Sync 3 .... Non Sync 3 is previous section.

Remember to RTM when all else fails.

OP
OP

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Change the presets by selecting your station (AM or FM), then long-press the number until the station is set. Had to do this with the 15 or so stations available with my Sync 3 as they have up to 3 presets you can program ...... Owners Manual Pg 384 at the bottom, for Sync 3 .... Non Sync 3 is previous section.

Thanks. The problem with reading the manual is remembering what I read lol!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You can Increase the amount of Preset pages(Up to 6) on the screen if you go to Settings/Radio/Presets.
I have mine set to 5 with a mix of SiriusXM channels and FM.

Unfortunately, I don't see a way to assign a preset to sub channels on HD Radio.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

After reading your reply, I don't think you fully understood my issue. I have all the presets stored. However, when switching from AM to FM via source button, the last FM station that was playing comes on BUT, the preset screen stays on AM.

Weird Harold

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First press the button for “audio”,

then press “sources”,

then select am or fm or usb drive

it’ll be second nature in a few days, it was with me! Congratulations on your Maverick!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading your reply, I don't think you fully understood my issue. I have all the presets stored. However, when switching from AM to FM via source button, the last FM station that was playing comes on BUT, the preset screen stays on AM.
The Presets don't change based on the Source, at least on my Sync 3 system. You can store FM and AM(Sirius for Sync 3) channels as presets.

So your 5 presets( on the first Preset screen) will stay the same regardless of what Source you are tuned to. You can swipe between Preset screens. Default is 3 screens, can be changed up to 6.
Sponsored

Last edited: