First Name
Andra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, I am excited to take delivery of my 2024 Lariet Hybrid Saturday and I know Ford is going to try to sell me both a Maintenance and Service Plan. I’m thinking for the first time in buying a new truck this time, of purchasing the extended warranty if for nothing else the technology package. What does everyone think and also, if you have purchased an Extended Warranty, what did you pay for it? (When I bought my 2020 Hybred Venza the dealer first offered it to me for $3,500, then as I kept saying no, ended up offering the same package to me for $1,200)! So, please tell me your thoughts and experiences!
Sponsored

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only buy a Ford ESP plan instead of some unknown 3rd party plan. Check out Flood Ford or Granger Ford for the best price on the Ford ESP warranty.

OP
OP
Foodie

Foodie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks Everyone! Grainger it is and thank you’ll again as I didn’t know anything about them but do now!

Sponsored

Dcrim

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in California so I can't buy 3rd party. I think the dealer offered a 7 year/100,000 premium car for $2800. He said it comes with rental car on "day 1" of any service. I thought I'd wait a bit and see how it performs. They said I could buy it any time. I feel like work all the bells and whistles, it might make sense and the rental car coverage itself for a major repair could be huge.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, I am excited to take delivery of my 2024 Lariet Hybrid Saturday and I know Ford is going to try to sell me both a Maintenance and Service Plan. I’m thinking for the first time in buying a new truck this time, of purchasing the extended warranty if for nothing else the technology package. What does everyone think and also, if you have purchased an Extended Warranty, what did you pay for it? (When I bought my 2020 Hybred Venza the dealer first offered it to me for $3,500, then as I kept saying no, ended up offering the same package to me for $1,200)! So, please tell me your thoughts and experiences!
My thoughts are if an extended warranty is offered on something the company doesn't have confidence in the product they sell. Have never purchased one for a vehicle. Hope Ford doesn't let me down.

OP
OP
Foodie

Foodie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in California so I can't buy 3rd party. I think the dealer offered a 7 year/100,000 premium car for $2800. He said it comes with rental car on "day 1" of any service. I thought I'd wait a bit and see how it performs. They said I could buy it any time. I feel like work all the bells and whistles, it might make sense and the rental car coverage itself for a major repair could be huge.
Really? You live in a state that legislates your purchasing decisions? Good Grief! So glad I left that cesspool of stupidity (CA) years ago! How is the traffic these days on the 405?

anblatt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just have to use an address outside of California to sign up. A family member or friend works. Several have done this already. Everything is done online and will save you a fortune to get the official ford plan which can then be used at any dealership in California.

24MavPuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was offered the extended warranty package (at similar $) and turned it down. My dealer told me I could come back for the plan as long as the original warranty is in force.

Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks Everyone! Grainger it is and thank you’ll again as I didn’t know anything about them but do now!
Granger or Flood both sell Official Ford extended warranties. You can print out their warranty you're interested in and take it with you at truck delivery. Your dealer may price match. If not, you have a year to buy one from Granger/Flood. After a year of vehicle ownership, the warranty prices go up.

OP
OP
Foodie

Foodie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Granger or Flood both sell Official Ford extended warranties. You can print out their warranty you're interested in and take it with you at truck delivery. Your dealer may price match. If not, you have a year to buy one from Granger/Flood. After a year of vehicle ownership, the warranty prices go up.
Good to know, I will do that!

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have wondered why I would buy an extended warranty when the new warranty is 3 years bumper to bumper. Maybe before the 3 years are up. It just seems like double warranty. Why?

Dcrim

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just have to use an address outside of California to sign up. A family member or friend works. Several have done this already. Everything is done online and will save you a fortune to get the official ford plan which can then be used at any dealership in California.
How's the car rental option when under service?
I have wondered why I would buy an extended warranty when the new warranty is 3 years bumper to bumper. Maybe before the 3 years are up. It just seems like double warranty. Why?
I think it gets more expensive? I believe the dealer said the price was good for 12 months.

OP
OP
Foodie

Foodie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, let’s clarify for those that don’t know…..if you can afford to, buy an extended warranty now. The extended warranty does not overlap the existing warranty that comes with the truck, but kicks in AFTER it has expired. The reason to buy it now is it locks in the price which will obviously go up with time, get it? Of course you are paying in todays dollars which are worth more than tomorrow’s dollars but in theory lock in now!
Sponsored