Sponsored

Maverick Extended Warranty - any deals from dealers?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any dealers offering extended warranties ?
This is usually a product that you can shop for at a lower price.
Sponsored

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
Go online and check out Ford ESP dealers that specialize in online plan purchases (Flood, Lombard, Zeigler, etc). Most Ford dealers will try to sell you some version of ESP when you hit the Finance guys office on your trip to pick up your new ride, you are correct in many instances you can get it cheaper online than via your home dealer. It's a profit center for them, if you're interested in an ESP never hurts to have a quote in-hand from one of the online dealers and then ask if your local dealer will match it, sometimes they will (did this with my last F150 purchase, local dealer did match it).

Yeppers29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
Wanted to add that Geico also offers mechanical breakdown extended warranty on new(er) cars.

Considering a new Subaru Forester for the wife and geico quoted me $9 a month for their Mechanical Breakdown insurance. You can also add it on later; as long as the vehicle is less than 15 months old and less than 15,000 miles. I was planning on adding it on around the 12 month mark (didn’t make sense to me right out the gate because after all, the new car warranty will take care of it all at the beginning.)

Coverage lasts for 7yrs/100,000 miles. Repair deductible is $250. Assuming $9 month for 7yrs that’s $756 over that time. Usually WAY cheaper than other plans.

Just want to be up front, I’ve never used this as all my cars have been older. I’m planning on adding it for my wife’s car and most likely the Maverick.

More details here: https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmm...the Geico MBI is definitely something for me to consider as well....thx for that info!

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wanted to add that Geico also offers mechanical breakdown extended warranty on new(er) cars.

Considering a new Subaru Forester for the wife and geico quoted me $9 a month for their Mechanical Breakdown insurance. You can also add it on later; as long as the vehicle is less than 15 months old and less than 15,000 miles. I was planning on adding it on around the 12 month mark (didn’t make sense to me right out the gate because after all, the new car warranty will take care of it all at the beginning.)

Coverage lasts for 7yrs/100,000 miles. Repair deductible is $250. Assuming $9 month for 7yrs that’s $756 over that time. Usually WAY cheaper than other plans.

Just want to be up front, I’ve never used this as all my cars have been older. I’m planning on adding it for my wife’s car and most likely the Maverick.

More details here: https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/
One thing to look out for is that the cost of the Geico MBI will increase YoY. I had it on my Forester and by the time I got to year 7 the rate had increased to over $200/yr (I think it started at $72 for the year). May still be better than an extended warranty from the dealer, but given the increasing rate and the $250 deductible for any claim, I'm not so sure.

Sponsored

Yeppers29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Outlander
One thing to look out for is that the cost of the Geico MBI will increase YoY. I had it on my Forester and by the time I got to year 7 the rate had increased to over $200/yr (I think it started at $72 for the year). May still be better than an extended warranty from the dealer, but given the increasing rate and the $250 deductible for any claim, I'm not so sure.
Thanks for the info! I was worried Geico would increase it over time.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I think is still a lot cheaper than other MBI ins. Most or them what it paid off in a couple of years... so the payment is $50-$150+ a month even at $250 a years it's only $20-$25 a month..What we need is the total price that was/is paid to know if it's a better deal...
Still doing math? $250 a year @ 7 years is still only $1750 paid out over 7 years....Still cheaper

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you use it in the Forester ever? Just curious. Doesn’t seem like a bad way to go, except, as you said the price increase which does make sense as a vehicle ages.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One thing to note is that any coverage is dormant, not in effect, until the factory warranty period runs out. When you do the math, remember that the first few years and thousands of miles are already covered, so you are buying for after the factory warranty has expired. Seven years less the original coverage should be the divisor when you consider monthly cost. YMwV
tom

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think is still a lot cheaper than other MBI ins. Most or them what it paid off in a couple of years... so the payment is $50-$150+ a month even at $250 a years it's only $20-$25 a month..What we need is the total price that was/is paid to know if it's a better deal...
Still doing math? $250 a year @ 7 years is still only $1750 paid out over 7 years....Still cheaper
At Flood Ford an equivalent 7 year/ 100,000 mile warranty with a $200 deductible is only $975. That is a genuine Ford warranty using genuine Ford parts on a Maverick (yes, their charts quote Maverick). Many of the other aftermarket warranties allow cheaper parts. With Ford you can go as high as 8 years/150,000 miles; and you can pick your deductible. Search for Flood Ford esp and you’ll go right to the site.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
floodfordesp.com..................................Nice!!!!! I like it Best prices I've seen I'll be buying this

L3fty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Enclave
Perhaps a dumb question but as far as I know, none of the dealerships near me do car rentals.

Is the rental coverage to actually rent a car from a separate rental company?

Every time I've had any work done the dealership has just loaned me a car. It's usually just a matter of saying hey I like that such and such over there. Mind if I test it out while my car's being worked on? Boom, got a car for the next few hours. I assume in bigger cities this isn't normal? Heck it may not be "normal" here. I might be benefitting from the fact family worked there in the past.
Ford Maverick Maverick Extended Warranty - any deals from dealers? Screenshot_20210721-091127
Sponsored