First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dreaded “Your delivery has been pushed back a month” (7/29) notification came to me too. 😢 I’m considering getting a Santa Cruz just because I’m so pissed at how awful Ford has been at communicating news to me/us.

Ford’s lack of information/communication during the year I’ve been waiting is legendary. I don’t understand how they think ghosting people is good for business.

Maybe they’re fixing a cable; maybe the delivery trucks are all backed up; or maybe Ford is just incredibly inept. There’s no way for me to know, because they won’t tell me anything!!

They’re taking a loyal Ford owner of 25 years and actually making me so pissed off at them that I’m actually considering going to look at the Santa Cruz this weekend.
Sponsored

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. Except I can't find a santa cruz for sale. Or a tacoma. etc. etc. And if I did find one the price is outa sight. It looks to me like buying a Maverick will be almost impossible based on what I read. Even if you have an order you may have to change options, and hope that your order will be honored. The dealers aren't any help as they don't know what's going on either. I have decided to just wait out the bad times and drive my 4runner for a couple of more years.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. Except I can't find a santa cruz for sale. Or a tacoma. etc. etc. And if I did find one the price is outa sight. It looks to me like buying a Maverick will be almost impossible based on what I read. Even if you have an order you may have to change options, and hope that your order will be honored. The dealers aren't any help as they don't know what's going on either. I have decided to just wait out the bad times and drive my 4runner for a couple of more years.
My dealer reached out to the area Ford rep, and this is what the rep said, “A possibility for the reason for this delay despite it being in Virginia is sometimes they are still waiting for a few remaining parts/activations/services on the vehicles, and they have shops at some of the railyards where they complete these finishing touches. That is currently our best information for why it is going to be there for so long.“

It has to be a recall issue or fixing something, otherwise the delay would have been factored in from the beginning. But why didn’t they tell me that initially? Why do I have to contact my salesman and have them contact the area rep only to give me a “possibility for the reason for this delay”? That’s what’s so frustrating.

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It finally happened...I hope! The tracking app shows delivered as of this evening, even though the official Ford app has nothing. I have seen others report that the tracking App is sometimes quicker to show this than the Ford tracking....lets hope! Planning on picking it up Friday 7/15...exactly 1 year after I placed my initial order!!!

Ford Maverick Production Purgatory 1657758863001

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It finally happened...I hope! The tracking app shows delivered as of this evening, even though the official Ford app has nothing. I have seen others report that the tracking App is sometimes quicker to show this than the Ford tracking....lets hope! Planning on picking it up Friday 7/15...exactly 1 year after I placed my initial order!!!

1657758863001.png
Ford tracking just caught up...so I now believe!
Ford Maverick Production Purgatory 1657759565403

Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just checked mine, and I too have a delivered status on Order Track (haven't checked Ford Tracking yet)!!!

Hopefully the dominoes have started falling and everyone starts getting theirs.

Not sure how long it'll take the dealer to clean it up, put the "Surface Protection" on it, and do the recall issue if it hasn't already been done. I'm hoping I can pick it up late today or tomorrow.

Ford Maverick Production Purgatory 1657801883924

Clint3200

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine finally arrived. Picked it up this morning. FYI, the recall was already completed before getting to dealer (at least the bottom grill vent was removed so I assume the holes were drilled as well. Will look later).

Ordered 6/10/21 ; Production 5/9/22; Built 5/29/22; Arrived 7/22/22

I feel like I've already owned it for a while from reading all these forum posts :)
Ford Maverick Production Purgatory PXL_20220722_172128380

pistons pissing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 toyota camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine finally arrived. Picked it up this morning. FYI, the recall was already completed before getting to dealer (at least the bottom grill vent was removed so I assume the holes were drilled as well. Will look later).

Ordered 6/10/21 ; Production 5/9/22; Built 5/29/22; Arrived 7/22/22

I feel like I've already owned it for a while from reading all these forum posts :)
PXL_20220722_172128380.jpg
I am in Oklahoma as well. I can't wait to get mine. Congratulations!!! Looks great!

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watching the number of vehicles going into In Production continue to climb on ordertrack, I’m stuck on “returned from Body company” status per my dealer, so I just can’t figure what’s keeping me from being “built” at this point…. and therein lies my madness.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's time to join the therapy group in this thread. Ford got my hopes up with the "start" of production on 8-16. The rebill status in the upper left of my window sticker changed to normal for a few days and possibly made it through the chassis line before halting and changing back to rebill. None of the modules have popped.

I join the masses of scheduled orders wondering why Ford starts production of a vehicle that does not have all the necessary components ready to assemble. My mid April scheduling notification for a 5-30 was the first of 6-6, 7-25, 8-8 and 8-16 false starts.

The novelty of being notified should have worn off a long time ago. It's easy to see why so many people are frustrated with the process.

Since I am a highly organized person it's hard to understand how things operate at Hermosillo.

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just watching the number of vehicles going into In Production continue to climb on ordertrack, I’m stuck on “returned from Body company” status per my dealer, so I just can’t figure what’s keeping me from being “built” at this point…. and therein lies my madness.
Mine is stuck at “produced”, last updated 8/10.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck has been "in production" since 7/4. It was last slated to be completed between 8/8-8/18. Today it is still "in production"
Sponsored