Sponsored

N8VRepublic

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ80
Has anyone seen dimensions on this yet? Called Snugtop and the rep I spoke with didn't have info. I want to know the height of the rear opening from the floor to the top. Trying to figure out if I can fit my equipment through the opening.
Sponsored

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When hunting/fishing it is great to have a secure, enclosed space for wet muddy waders, decoys, dog etc. Plus all the game that you hopefully get. That really messes up the back of an SUV.
Exactly. Anyone who says you can do the same thing with an SUV has never had to load up a deer, or a dog that's been hit by a skunk.

AlanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velo Blue Hybrid Maverick XL / Toyota Highlander
It's interesting to note that the SnugTop bed caps for the Maverick have apparently disappeared from the Ford Accessories site. A Google search suggests that they were "out of stock" for a while before the webpages were removed. Would love to find out what the current status is...

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's interesting to note that the SnugTop bed caps for the Maverick have apparently disappeared from the Ford Accessories site. A Google search suggests that they were "out of stock" for a while before the webpages were removed. Would love to find out what the current status is...
These are the things we need to know?

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They were grossly over-priced anyway. Give it time, Leer will have them at half the cost. The last one I bought for a full sized 2018 Silverado, they ranged from $1400 - $2200. Even with inflation, $3550 for a much smaller cap is outragous. I did manage to get a slightly used one (previously owned by an auctioneer who decided he wanted a high top) for $965 including wiring and installation.

Parzival

First Name
Parzival
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' 4rnr, 20' Taco, 14' Taco & 22 Mav on order
I need windoors at that price. I have a Taco w a topper and getting to the front of the bed (closest to the cab) is a pain. Windoors make that space much easier to access.

Fat Willie

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 2022 XLT FX4 4K Tow
I'm looking for a cap for my Mav. No, I don't see it as turning it into an SUV. As some have pointed out, the top doesn't come off of an SUV, and I'm usually stuck with a third row of (often tiny) seats. I DO think it is kind of like turning it into a station wagon, which is what I was actually looking for -- but that format has largely been abandoned by US car makers. Just my two cents' worth.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm looking for a cap for my Mav. No, I don't see it as turning it into an SUV. As some have pointed out, the top doesn't come off of an SUV, and I'm usually stuck with a third row of (often tiny) seats. I DO think it is kind of like turning it into a station wagon, which is what I was actually looking for -- but that format has largely been abandoned by US car makers. Just my two cents' worth.
A.R.E is working on one - we have no idea if it will be better than the ugly Ford one but hoping so.

Sponsored

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Way too costly......bring back a cab high version for a lot less !!!!