Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ust had the “Ranch” Cap installed on our Maverick. Overall the unit looks good except for the Bottom of the Front Corner where it meets the Cab - it just look’s raw and unfinished to me. As you can see there are two mild but obvious Corners where I feel it should be Rounded to match the body lines. That being said can those corners be sanded down to match the contours of the Truck? I am afraid of any hidden dangers with manipulating Gelcoat/Fiberglass. Of course it would just be the edge that is sanded not the Face. BTW it was $2399 installed with the Sliding and Down Folding Front Window.
Any issues with visibility out the back?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After a brief stint of looking at the GFC topper and its huge price tag and shipping costs. We kind of re-settled on a Ranch topper with the roof rack rails. We plan on doing racks on the cap and cab. We ordered a Hot Pepper Red Tremor and plan on getting a white cap.

I know you talked about pin striping to liven yours up, we had some ideas for a stripe decal of sorts on ours. Just on the topper. The Tremor already has the orange accents.

Here are some ideas I had:
Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos 96f14cf3867068aa2ff8de6549ff314f
Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos OIP
Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos cX107MwHaE8?w=259&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1
Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos XYtYqLgHaE8?w=266&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1
Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos SNEi5uwHaHa?w=157&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1

Baby truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a brief stint of looking at the GFC topper and its huge price tag and shipping costs. We kind of re-settled on a Ranch topper with the roof rack rails. We plan on doing racks on the cap and cab. We ordered a Hot Pepper Red Tremor and plan on getting a white cap.

I know you talked about pin striping to liven yours up, we had some ideas for a stripe decal of sorts on ours. Just on the topper. The Tremor already has the orange accents.

Here are some ideas I had:
96f14cf3867068aa2ff8de6549ff314f.jpg
OIP.jpeg
cX107MwHaE8?w=259&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg
XYtYqLgHaE8?w=266&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg
SNEi5uwHaHa?w=157&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.65&pid=1.jpg
Not trying to crap on your cap but it doesn't fit. That gap on the front and the squared edges make it look like it's not even made for this truck. I like the cap and color difference is fine but the front fitment is terrible. Sorry just my opinion.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not trying to crap on your cap but it doesn't fit. That gap on the front and the squared edges make it look like it's not even made for this truck. I like the cap and color difference is fine but the front fitment is terrible. Sorry just my opinion.
Me thinks you meant to reply to the OP. I do not have a Maverick or a cap yet. The front fitment is great and alot of this thread seems to be his intentions of modifying the cap a little to fit better. Truthfully it does fit way better at the gap then the ARE offerings at this point. They arent really even molded to match the top of the cab at all. I think we will see small changes made to them both over time as more and more end up on trucks.

Sponsored

Baby truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Me thinks you meant to reply to the OP. I do not have a Maverick or a cap yet. The front fitment is great and alot of this thread seems to be his intentions of modifying the cap a little to fit better. Truthfully it does fit way better at the gap then the ARE offerings at this point. They arent really even molded to match the top of the cab at all. I think we will see small changes made to them both over time as more and more end up on trucks.
Yes I did. Lol sorry ☺

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before everyone jumps in, YES no one should have to do this on a $2400 Cap! But I am a “tinkerer” of sorts and just looking at it bothers me (OCPD?).
Fill it with some black weather striping and you will be in business. Looks great love seeing more and more companies creating products for us Maverick owners💯

OP
OP

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
I agree, to a point. I looked at the Available options and this seemed the best. The ARE Cap Gap looks really bad along the top edge facing the cab, and the Snugtop’s front Window is ridiculously small and the Cap is somewhat higher that I like. The shortcomings with this one (Ranch) is the bottom front corner (as described in the original post) but I think it may be corrected, if/when I find the courage to start sanding down a $2400 Cap we’ll see.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purposefully bought a Light Color Cap as we routinely travel with our dogs (German Shepard and Doberman) and we feel a Black Cap would simply get TOO Hot. With a little Pinstriping and amending those Corners should blend it in nicely.
I agree, you can make it look good and you had to do what was best for the doggo's. 🤍

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be interested in seeing a full truck shot of this thing outside from the side if a picture already exists.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does this, the ARE, or snug top have the taller interior?

OP
OP

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Does this, the ARE, or snug top have the taller interior?
I don’t have either of those but from my research the A.R.E. Has the Lowest Interior and the Snugtop has the tallest with the Ranch in between.
Sponsored