First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone see or hear of LEER or ARE or any other manufacturer making a cap/topper for the Maverick yet? I don't like either the design or the price of the SnugTop option by Ford, but want to get one in aftermarket. I've contacted LEER and ARE directly and they say they're working on it but don't have anything yet.
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've not seen anything. My plan is to buy a cheap cover when my Mav comes in Jan, and waiting for the capper market to develop a bit. I'm hoping there are a few options by next summer.

Autonomous

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Promaster 3500, Icky 2015 Outback
My Century canopy on my F150 has rails with sockets (?) for the Thule roof rack Hullavator towers.
I'd like something like that.

OP
OP

Goose839

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've not seen anything. My plan is to buy a cheap cover when my Mav comes in Jan, and waiting for the capper market to develop a bit. I'm hoping there are a few options by next summer.
Yeah I'm not in a real hurry since I don't expect delivery until Feb/March/April and hope there will be some options by then. Just wondered if anyone's seen anything I might have missed.

Arcenannie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mavericktruckclub.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Leer now has the Maverick as a search option on their site. Have to request a quote from a local dealer, but I'm seeing a general 122 running around 2k.

Sponsored

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Friend of mine works for Truck Hero in Ann Arbor, and he says it's just a matter of time for companies like Leer. There's an outside chance he can get a Hot Pepper Red one and then if my XLT comes in do a photo shoot for their catalog with my truck, and then give me the cap at cost. I'm not banking on it but it would be nice if it worked out!
Yeah, $3500 is a bit much to pay for a cap if it's not what I want. I had a Leer on my F150 and it was the best at matching the style and color of my truck, and it had good quality.

SnakesInDaAttic

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
If anyone is still curious about aftermarket options, I got ahold of CapWorld and this is what I found out. For a Leer bed cap, the recreational is $3089 and the commercial is $3049. Unfortunately these prices aren't too much different from the snugtop option that Ford has.
Ford Maverick Aftermarket Cap / Topper for Maverick? Screenshot_20220325-191821_Office
Ford Maverick Aftermarket Cap / Topper for Maverick? Screenshot_20220325-191804_Office

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FWIW, SnugTop *is* Leer. I have the SnugTop on my Hybrid and it’s got a Leer manufacturing tag on it. If you Google it, TAG, the parent company of Leer, bought it in 2016 and it looks like there’s been integration between them, just like has happened with Leonard.

I didn’t like the SnugTop a ton in pics, but I wanted a cap when my truck arrived (my primary reason for buying was as a dog hauler) and was willing to just get it anyway. I really think it looks better in person than in pics and it’s grown on me. It’s definitely well made and the fit and finish is very good. I’ve owned probably 6 different Leonard/Leer toppers in the last 20 years on a variety of trucks, and this one actually fits better and has a better feel than any in the past (including the 3 year old nearly top of the line Leer I currently have on my 2017 F-250).

The only shell I’d consider getting rid of this one for would be an RSI SmartCap, but I’ll need to see how it actually fits, particularly near the cab, first. I think it’s gonna be tricky to make that particular style of cap work on this truck and it may not work well at all. Which may be why there still isn’t one yet.

—Donnie

Sponsored

Arcenannie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mavericktruckclub.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got back from American Toppers with the install of the A.R.E. DCU 29" topper. I need to buy or make a wind deflector for the front (loosing about 10mpg), but other than that I'm happy. 3 100W solar panels will go on the top.
Ford Maverick Aftermarket Cap / Topper for Maverick? 20230504_175541

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The caps out there now are STUPID money I bought a brand new ARE cap for my 2013 F150 in 2014 for $375 that someone ordered, but didn't pickup. I could never justify paying 10 times that now, for a cap that is half the size!

opentext

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CMax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just received the snugtop in Hot Pepper red and think it was well worth the price and looks great. Will post some picks later in the week.
Sponsored