OP

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Absolutely lovely. Excellent job. This is the way it should have come from the factory. Your work has convinced me this is the cap I'll grab.

Did you have to do anything more than rounding the front curves? Simple sanding? Did you feel it necessary to epoxy (seal) the cut edge?
No just some sanding (60 Grit Jitterbug Sander) went pretty fast. Doesn’t look like it would need anything else at this point as far as sealing (pretty sure it won’t rust).
Sponsored

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like how far the rear glass opens up. My biggest complaint with the Leer unit is that it doesn't open far enough and you whack your head on it if you lean into the bed.

Having lived with it for almost a year I'm not doing that nearly as often but other people when they get into the bed of my truck do that frequently.

briandefilippo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I really like how far the rear glass opens up. My biggest complaint with the Leer unit is that it doesn't open far enough and you whack your head on it if you lean into the bed.

Having lived with it for almost a year I'm not doing that nearly as often but other people when they get into the bed of my truck do that frequently.
I am having same experience so I took it back and asked that they find a way to open it wider

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am having same experience so I took it back and asked that they find a way to open it wider
So I looked into putting longer shocks on but then you would have to fabricate a bracket to extend the closed length of the shock as the opening height is dictated by the max length of the shock when closed.

If you know someone good at metal fab an adapter bracket can get added to the top and allow a longer shock. I gave up at this point and accepted it as it is. It still annoys me though.

OP
OP

Alpo18

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
I added some Pinstripes to soften the transition from the Black Truck to the White Cap, with a little Red to match the FX4 Decal. I also added some Red Tattered Flags at the Front of each Door, but maybe White Flags would blend better with the Cap being White, but I’ll let it sit for a while first. I know the Striping isn’t professional but I only invested $12 in them.

Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos 98DF0747-66FC-429D-B6BD-F22C367AAD81

Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos 19D12613-188B-4562-926B-27FFDE405133

Ford Maverick Ishler's Ranch Cap bed topper installed on my Maverick - review & photos 19B6FC80-0860-48F4-94C1-C63346E759F3

Sponsored

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The pinstripes look good. đź‘Ť

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can the ishler/ranch support and weight on top of it (IE kayak rack).

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone who purchased the ranch topper happen to have, or remember some of, the option list and prices of those?
Sponsored