Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can you talk about seat cushion/comfort? Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

PeterZ

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
@PeterZ Thanks for the update on your ride and your size being comfortable. I think that makes a lot of us big boys feel good about our decision. I just got a shipping notice on mine with a 7 to 10 day delivery ETA. Those front ambers are really bright. Are those the DRL's?
No. I had my hazards on parked in the middle of the street and it was dusk.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. I had my hazards on parked in the middle of the street and it was dusk.
Those flashers are definitely bright! Good looking ride! Congrats!

Frobozz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat Ecoboost AWD
The 0% APR (which I also got with no hassle) was for customers with good credit (I think 740+) for three years max. There was a minimum down payment/trade-in, as I recall, but I can't remember what it is because I put down a good chunk of cash and had no trade-in. My dealer also had really good financing all the way up to 72 months if you had good credit. (Remember: The financing also is by Ford, and they can do this by basically moving around how they make money off of you. That's not a concern right now with this vehicle).

On the down-payment-vs-keep-it-in-the-bank thing: Thanks to inflation, your $100 in a savings account this year will not be worth $100 next year, even with interest payments. It is true that the $100 you kept in the bank will still pay off $100 of car loan two years from now, but it won't be worth $100 in future dollars for any other thing, even when you add interest to it. Keeping it in the bank comes with a cost, and it's why financial advisers often push folks to keep only an emergency account and immediate spending needs in the bank. I still understand the desire, though...frankly, I'm doing this very thing because I can't shake the 'what if' monster and keeping the cash helps me sleep better!

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have $10,000 sitting around get a Gov’t ibond. Its paying close to 5% now because it pegged to inflation. Rate is good for 6 months then adjusts but it will remain high for the next two years. Keep it 12 months and theres no penalty for cashing it in. It accumulates interest tax free until cashed. CD’s are paying .5 %. Get an ibond and in 6 months you would make the same money as a CD for 5 years.

Sponsored

76Courier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I picked up my Cactus Gray XL EcoBoost AWD 4k this weekend! First impressions have been great, I love this truck.

Not much to say beyond what others have said. A few random tidbits:
  • I'm 6'1" and 310 lbs and interior is comfortable for me. Plenty of leg room, headroom, shoulder room, and umm... belly room.
  • On its own it looks "not small". But next to anything else it looks small. compared to a Outback and a 4d F150 FX4 below.
  • The interior of the XL is nicer than I thought it would be. Gives me upscale Honda Element vibes, which is a plus to me.
  • I can confirm that the "full-size" spare is 10mm narrower than the other tires.
  • I can confirm that the 0% interest 36 month loan is real with no apparent gotchas.
  • The panel gaps between the bed and the sides is a bit uneven (Tesla style). The driver's side is tight and the passenger side has a noticeable gap.
  • Finally. The bedsides are a really great height for leaning on! this is an unexpected bonus. Trucks have gotten so tall I had forgotten about the joy of leaning on the side of the truck and BS-ing with the neighbors across the bed.
IMG_0817.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg
Thanks for the post! This is my exact build except hybrid.

OP
OP

PeterZ

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Can you talk about seat cushion/comfort? Thanks!
Seats are good. Very upright as you would expect in a truck. The seat back is perfect for me. Just did a 30 minute drive and couldn't think of a thing to say about them. The seat bottoms have firm bolsters on the edges that for me (again as a large man) make the seat a bit narrow. I end up sitting right on top of the bolsters. Not a huge deal. I'm sure they will soften in time and if you are a narrower person I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue at all.

joeboxer22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have $10,000 sitting around get a Gov’t ibond. Its paying close to 5% now because it pegged to inflation. Rate is good for 6 months then adjusts but it will remain high for the next two years. Keep it 12 months and theres no penalty for cashing it in. It accumulates interest tax free until cashed. CD’s are paying .5 %. Get an ibond and in 6 months you would make the same money as a CD for 5 years.
Can you help me learn about this? Id love to put a chunk and make 5% in 6 months. If you dont mind email me at [email protected] as to where to buy etc.

petengineer75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick; Ford Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my Cactus Gray XL EcoBoost AWD 4k this weekend! First impressions have been great, I love this truck.

• I'm 6'1" and 310 lbs and interior is comfortable for me. Plenty of leg room, headroom, shoulder room, and umm... belly room.
  • On its own it looks "not small". But next to anything else it looks small. compared to a Outback and a 4d F150 FX4 below.
  • The interior of the XL is nicer than I thought it would be. Gives me upscale Honda Element vibes, which is a plus to me.
  • I can confirm that the "full-size" spare is 10mm narrower than the other tires.
  • I can confirm that the 0% interest 36 month loan is real with no apparent gotchas.
  • The panel gaps between the bed and the sides is a bit uneven (Tesla style). The driver's side is tight and the passenger side has a noticeable gap.
  • Finally. The bedsides are a really great height for leaning on! this is an unexpected bonus. Trucks have gotten so tall I had forgotten about the joy of leaning on the side of the truck and BS-ing with the neighbors across the bed.
IMG_0817.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg
Best review yet...for those of us that need that "belly room"

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the full size spare not because I thought it would match the other tires nor the wheels but Murphys law says I will have a flat while towing/hauling and I don't want to use a donut spare in that scenario.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol....right? I mean, 0% = free money. Seems odd to not ride that pony all the way to sunset.

Kind of like when people put money down on a lease...... :rolleyes:

(NO, I'm not a financial advisor, I just play one on the internet..)
Most lease APRs are higher than a loan APR.

Ukeman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2003 Caravan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am envious waiting for my Cactus Gray Mav. Thanks for the pics and info. Congrats!

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Looks fantastic! Congrats!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_0817.jpeg
IMG_0813.jpeg
can you explain how there is a "panel gap" between bed and anything? This is a unibody construction vehicle and the cab & bed are 1 unit with no separate bed like body on frame trucks.
Sponsored