Sponsored

Picked Up My XLT with Luxury Pack Yesterday. Observations.

solidshane

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
I picked up my Hot Pepper Red HLT with Luxury Package on Monday, Jan 10th in Houston. I found it at a dealer that had it coming in but the person who ordered it cancelled. I found it and got them to sign a sales order before they started adding Dealer Markups which they are now doing.

Just another reminder to those looking for a vehicle. Be sure to get a sales order SIGNED by the sales manager or whoever is authorized to approve the sale so that they cannot legally change the price when you arrive.

I love the truck. Drove it back to San Antonio yesterday and have put another 100 miles on it today. Averaging about 41 mpg (2 fill ups with my math, not the truck's, LOL.). 340 mostly highway miles (70 percent).

Added carbon fiber to my steering wheel, door handles, and license plate frame. Hoping to find carbon fiber pillar covers when someone designs them. Saw the carbon fiber exterior mirror covers but liked the HPR color on mine, so not changing that. Added the black MAVERICK letters on the tail gate.

One thing that I noticed. Others have reported glitchy use of Android Auto Apps. I am pretty certain that the problem is where the cable plugs into the dash. Wiggling or pressure on the cable (on both the USB-C and USB ports) causes mine to lose connection. Sometimes it comes back, other times I have to remove the cable and plug it back in to either the dash port or the phone. I am thinking that if there is a way to find a USB-to-Bluetooth Host (not receiver) adapter that plugs into the dash, then maybe the phone could connect to it via bluetooth and not lose the connection.

Anyway, that is where I am at now. Its a great vehicle.
Sponsored

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Totally Jealous as this is the color and trim I wanted ... Any chance you snagged the one with the moonroof I seen? I scoured Texas and many dealers with no such luck till I took delivery of a white Lariat locally.

OP
OP
solidshane

solidshane

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Totally Jealous as this is the color and trim I wanted ... Any chance you snagged the one with the moonroof I seen? I scoured Texas and many dealers with no such luck till I took delivery of a white Lariat locally.
Nope, no moonroof on mine. My last 2 vehicles had one and I opened them maybe twice. Too damn hot in Texas for the thinning hair on my head.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my Hot Pepper Red HLT with Luxury Package on Monday, Jan 10th in Houston. I found it at a dealer that had it coming in but the person who ordered it cancelled. I found it and got them to sign a sales order before they started adding Dealer Markups which they are now doing.

Just another reminder to those looking for a vehicle. Be sure to get a sales order SIGNED by the sales manager or whoever is authorized to approve the sale so that they cannot legally change the price when you arrive.

I love the truck. Drove it back to San Antonio yesterday and have put another 100 miles on it today. Averaging about 41 mpg (2 fill ups with my math, not the truck's, LOL.). 340 mostly highway miles (70 percent).

Added carbon fiber to my steering wheel, door handles, and license plate frame. Hoping to find carbon fiber pillar covers when someone designs them. Saw the carbon fiber exterior mirror covers but liked the HPR color on mine, so not changing that. Added the black MAVERICK letters on the tail gate.

One thing that I noticed. Others have reported glitchy use of Android Auto Apps. I am pretty certain that the problem is where the cable plugs into the dash. Wiggling or pressure on the cable (on both the USB-C and USB ports) causes mine to lose connection. Sometimes it comes back, other times I have to remove the cable and plug it back in to either the dash port or the phone. I am thinking that if there is a way to find a USB-to-Bluetooth Host (not receiver) adapter that plugs into the dash, then maybe the phone could connect to it via bluetooth and not lose the connection.

Congrats! Excellent snag indeed. Pumped about those mpg numbers. All the carbon fiber is a personal choice I will leave to you tho lol. As a cyclist I see enough of carbon everything

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

As always.... no pics....so this never happened.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had this issue with my Lariat Lux, switched out to my phone's OEM cable and the problem went away.

I want to see pics of your carbon fiber! I am considering additional carbon fiber beyond my steering wheel. I have pretty good wrapping skills.

Ford Maverick Picked Up My XLT with Luxury Pack Yesterday.  Observations. SteeringCover2pieces

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ok, congrats on the truck......now,.....please elaborate on your pic with Sebastian Bach. :)

OP
OP
solidshane

solidshane

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Ok, congrats on the truck......now,.....please elaborate on your pic with Sebastian Bach. :)
I am a guy who wishes that he had followed his dreams of singing onstage. Since I didn't, I am playing catchup by finding opportunities to sing on stage or in practice with famous bands or vocalists . Here are my successes:

Sebastian Bach - Practice session
Judas Priest (with Rob Halford backing me on screams): Whisky A-GoGo in L.A.
Frank DiMino of the band, Angel : Lucky Strike in L.A.
Josh Todd of the band, Buck Cherry - Practice session
Nita Strauss of the Alice Cooper Band - Practice session

Adospeed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid in Shadow Black
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a guy who wishes that he had followed his dreams of singing onstage. Since I didn't, I am playing catchup by finding opportunities to sing on stage or in practice with famous bands or vocalists . Here are my successes:

Sebastian Bach - Practice session
Judas Priest (with Rob Halford backing me on screams): Whisky A-GoGo in L.A.
Frank DiMino of the band, Angel : Lucky Strike in L.A.
Josh Todd of the band, Buck Cherry - Practice session
Nita Strauss of the Alice Cooper Band - Practice session
So I recognized all but one of the artist. Man, your opportunity are Epic. To this day, as a bass player I still have yet to meet my hero and primary influencer, Rachel Bolan of Skid Row. Keep playing catch up and have fun, life is short.
Sponsored