Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have $10,000 sitting around get a Gov’t ibond. Its paying close to 5% now because it pegged to inflation. Rate is good for 6 months then adjusts but it will remain high for the next two years. Keep it 12 months and theres no penalty for cashing it in. It accumulates interest tax free until cashed. CD’s are paying .5 %. Get an ibond and in 6 months you would make the same money as a CD for 5 years.
any CD or bond interest counts as income at tax time. If you are trying to keep your tax burden as low as possible in retirement like we are, these little additions aren't worth the trouble to chase after.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol....right? I mean, 0% = free money. Seems odd to not ride that pony all the way to sunset.

Kind of like when people put money down on a lease...... :rolleyes:

(NO, I'm not a financial advisor, I just play one on the internet..)
there's no free money. I'm assuming you are not retired or close enough to plan much for it, but we found the best strategy is keeping our monthly payments as low and limited as possible to keep expenses stable and predictable and easy to plan for on long term horizon. We pay cash whenever possible instead of adding recurring monthly expenses and sleep better for it :sleep:

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bond interest does not count as income until you cash in the bonds. The bond collects interest for 30 years, I’ve been buying i bonds since 2005. One of the biggest advantages is interest compounds and no tax until you want to cash it in.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
there's no free money. I'm assuming you are not retired or close enough to plan much for it, but we found the best strategy is keeping our monthly payments as low and limited as possible to keep expenses stable and predictable and easy to plan for on long term horizon. We pay cash whenever possible instead of adding recurring monthly expenses and sleep better for it :sleep:
Technically, you are correct. I should have said "free use of money", but I think you know what I mean....

I've been very blessed to have been able to retire at 55. :)

OP
OP

PeterZ

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
can you explain how there is a "panel gap" between bed and anything? This is a unibody construction vehicle and the cab & bed are 1 unit with no separate bed like body on frame trucks.
The bed joins the body along the cab, in the rear corners, and near the wheels (where the d-ring would be if this wasn't an XL), and underneath. The rest of the bed and the sidewalls have an intentional gap between them. I would guess for drainage. Its hard to get a good picture of this, but this looks intentional with all metal parts rounding away from each other and fully painted. Also hard to capture but the driver side gap are smaller than the passenger side gap but a little bit.

Ford Maverick Picked up my Cactus Gray XL this weekend. Some feedback / notes IMG_0839
Ford Maverick Picked up my Cactus Gray XL this weekend. Some feedback / notes IMG_0838
Ford Maverick Picked up my Cactus Gray XL this weekend. Some feedback / notes IMG_0840
Ford Maverick Picked up my Cactus Gray XL this weekend. Some feedback / notes IMG_0837

Sponsored

OperationReciprocity

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 AWD Eco FX4 XLT
Looking great! I got the Cactus, XLT AWD FX4. Love it! Only complaint is I hoped the fx4 came with some more aggressive AT or MT style tires instead of the Perelli . Otherwise, already got 30mpg on the hwy after a full tank run through!

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
This last picture... that would worry me personally. That doesn't seem right. But I've only looked at 4 or 5 in person so far (at Chapman in Horsham). None of those had anything like that (that i noticed at least).

OP
OP

PeterZ

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
This last picture... that would worry me personally. That doesn't seem right. But I've only looked at 4 or 5 in person so far (at Chapman in Horsham). None of those had anything like that (that i noticed at least).
That picture is really really zoomed in. I was trying to show that all surfaces are painted and rounded. All take one with a better sense of scale.

Canis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VWs
That picture is really really zoomed in. I was trying to show that all surfaces are painted and rounded. All take one with a better sense of scale.
Ah I see. Probably not a big deal but i'd def show that to the dealer to make sure. At least get your concern noted on record in the worst case something does happen down the road etc.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bed joins the body along the cab, in the rear corners, and near the wheels (where the d-ring would be if this wasn't an XL), and underneath. The rest of the bed and the sidewalls have an intentional gap between them. I would guess for drainage. Its hard to get a good picture of this, but this looks intentional with all metal parts rounding away from each other and fully painted. Also hard to capture but the driver side gap are smaller than the passenger side gap but a little bit.

IMG_0839.jpeg
IMG_0838.jpeg
IMG_0840.jpeg
IMG_0837.jpeg
I see what you are talking about. I would expect there to normally be a factory applied caulking bead in those gaps between edge of floor and sides of bed. It is already done like that where the front wall of bed meets the floor as shown in your pictures 1 and 2. I can't imagine any good reason they would leave that gap like that to attract dirt, moisture, etc and possibly lead to rust situations. Definately I would show that to your dealer and take pictures to document it. Might end up being a recall to fix that in the future. I wonder if spray in bedliner completely fills that gap?

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically, you are correct. I should have said "free use of money", but I think you know what I mean....

I've been very blessed to have been able to retire at 55. :)
Good for you, you beat me to it. I retired 1 month after my 56th birthday (y) I used Rule Of 55 allowing distributions from my company 401k plan to avoid penalties before age 59.5 and never looked back. Only speed bump has been exorbitant health care costs using Obamacare exchanges :mad:

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have the same truck on order ,but added the 400 w inverter . Only thing I wish I could have added was cruse control . But I read people are figuring out how to add it . One thing the manager asked me when he was putting in the order was if I wanted a power locking tail gate for $40 bucks . Of course I said yes . Many people are saying this is not possible .I guess when it comes in we will have the answer . Good luck and glad you like it so much .

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I have the same truck on order ,but added the 400 w inverter . Only thing I wish I could have added was cruse control . But I read people are figuring out how to add it . One thing the manager asked me when he was putting in the order was if I wanted a power locking tail gate for $40 bucks . Of course I said yes . Many people are saying this is not possible .I guess when it comes in we will have the answer . Good luck and glad you like it so much .
That's not a power locking tailgate, it's a tailgate lock which locks around the tailgate hinge and prevents someone from stealing the tailgate. The sales manager described it incorrectly. As of now you cannot add a locking power tailgate feature on the XL but they do make aftermarket kits for other Ford trucks so I'm sure soon enough there will be one.

Ford Maverick Picked up my Cactus Gray XL this weekend. Some feedback / notes Hinge lock

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's not a power locking tailgate, it's a tailgate lock which locks around the tailgate hinge and prevents someone from stealing the tailgate. The sales manager described it incorrectly. As of now you cannot add a locking power tailgate feature on the XL but they do make aftermarket kits for other Ford trucks so I'm sure soon enough there will be one.

Hinge lock.jpg
That makes sense .I guess they don't understand what they are selling ,because he said it would work off the key fob. The lock must be in the handle itself then .

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
That makes sense .I guess they don't understand what they are selling ,because he said it would work off the key fob. The lock must be in the handle itself then .
They don't know what they're selling.......on the XL there is a keyed lock in the handle for the tailgate but no power locking/unlocking for it, strictly manual. There are aftermarket companies that make kits to tie it into the power locking system but I don't know if they make one specific for the Maverick.....yet.
Sponsored