Sponsored

Ordering XL Hybrid on Sat. Anything I should be aware of?

Kento87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I'm going to be ordering my XL Hybrid this Saturday. Anything I should be aware of before I do?
Sponsored

Drewesque

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Niro, soon to be Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Be sure to check around for the best deal. I have seen dealerships order below invoice, at invoice, at MSRP, and above MSRP. I ended up choosing a local place that would do invoice over a longer drive to save a little extra (or the closest place, where MSRP is the best they will do, but markups are typical).
Other than that, just order the options that make sense for you. I would avoid adding any accessories or the like, just the built-in options. Accessories might slow it down and can be added later.

OP
OP

Kento87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL = no cruise control. Not sure how anyone can live with that on a brand new vehicle..
Owned to many cars over the years without it so I'm ok about that, besides on my old mustang a frozen burrito from 7 11 held 65 mph for several hours!😀🤡😂. Plus manual mirrors as well, would gladly give up the power windows and door locks too!

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be prepared for the wait

OP
OP

Kento87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be sure to check around for the best deal. I have seen dealerships order below invoice, at invoice, at MSRP, and above MSRP. I ended up choosing a local place that would do invoice over a longer drive to save a little extra (or the closest place, where MSRP is the best they will do, but markups are typical).
Other than that, just order the options that make sense for you. I would avoid adding any accessories or the like, just the built-in options. Accessories might slow it down and can be added later.
I'm getting just the 110 outlet and the hitch. My local dealer is not adding any markups or ADM but I will check about invoice vs MSRP.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kento87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be prepared for the wait
I don't mind the wait, will give me time to raise my credit score up even more. Plus knowing upfront about that wait makes it seem ok.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I'm going to be ordering my XL Hybrid this Saturday. Anything I should be aware of before I do?
I see you're in Winston. I ordered from Crescent in High Point at MSRP. I know some dealers are marking up the price.

Ask them to give the highest priority they can to your order. 19 is worst, 10 is best (highest priority).

If you're getting an XL know that there is no cruise control available and the mirrors are manually adjustable by pushing on the glass unless you get the copilot 360 package then you get power adjustable mirrors.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Owned to many cars over the years without it so I'm ok about that, besides on my old mustang a frozen burrito from 7 11 held 65 mph for several hours!😀🤡😂. Plus manual mirrors as well, would gladly give up the power windows and door locks too!
With attitude your going to be fine and fit in here really well.

Take a seat and hang on.

Welcome.

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
I'm getting just the 110 outlet and the hitch. My local dealer is not adding any markups or ADM but I will check about invoice vs MSRP.
The hitch is a really good buy upfront. That's all I got. 110 outlet if you think you're going to actually use it. The 360 package isn't the most advanced and lacks some features, but if you drive in a lot of traffic or a lot of miles it might save your skin and be well worth it. The blind spot alert on my Rav4 literally saved my butt today!

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you will love your new truck. You seem to have a clear grasp of what it includes and what it doesn't include. It's a remarkable vehicle for the price, and you should get a lot of enjoyment from owning and driving it. Go you!

Last edited:
Sponsored

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hitch is totally worth it for $100 even if you are only gonna use it for a bike rack or load extender.

After market is easily $500 or more.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
dealer must submit your order through the ROVP system not just order book

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take 20 days and go through the meme thread. Those guys work hard to keep un entertained

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

dealer must submit your order through the ROVP system not just order book
This, and make sure you get a printout of the "DORA." You should receive a confirmation email from Ford shortly after the order is submitted.

OP
OP

Kento87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outlander
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The hitch is totally worth it for $100 even if you are only gonna use it for a bike rack or load extender.

After market is easily $500 or more.
I need it for the job boat so we can go fishing😀 my aftermarket one for my outlander was 175
Sponsored