William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maverick pricing has increased each model year. Even if the interest rates come down, your short term out of pocket expense will only increase with time.

To make the change your cost difference is approximately $5000. It would take me 8 years to recover that difference at current fuel prices.
8 yrs would be a long time to break even and i would have to add 2k for new dealer doc fee, tax and tag.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rather than thinking about your Mav's as "his" & "hers", think "highway" Mav & "city" Mav.

Translation: keep what you have. 🤠

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
8 yrs would be a long time to break even and i would have to add 2k for new dealer doc fee, tax and tag.
If you’re trading in the Ecoboost the tax & tags (assuming you can transfer plates) should be minimal.

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you’re trading in the Ecoboost the tax & tags (assuming you can transfer plates) should be minimal.
Yes, tags but i still have to pay tax.

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Rather than thinking about your Mav's as "his" & "hers", think "highway" Mav & "city" Mav.

Translation: keep what you have. 🤠
Ok, good way to look at it

Sponsored

Montauk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL, 2023 F-150 Rattler pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 24 Hybrid rollover should be delivered next week... and my private offer is 3400.00 since I had originally ordered a 23 XLT.
I'm curious about this. I ORIGINALLY had a COVP's order for an XLT Hybrid back in September of '22 but in October of '22 changed it to an XL Hybrid. I wonder if my private offer will be 2,750 or 3,400. My mav is showing 'in production' since last week and I expect to have it by beginning of May.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious about this. I ORIGINALLY had a COVP's order for an XLT Hybrid back in September of '22 but in October of '22 changed it to an XL Hybrid. I wonder if my private offer will be 2,750 or 3,400. My mav is showing 'in production' since last week and I expect to have it by beginning of May.
Your dealer can look it up in Smart Vincent or you could contact Ford Marketing to verify.

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You won’t have to pay tax on the trade value. So if they give you $20k and the new purchase is $26k, only the $6k is taxable.
Ok, that sounds good.

BostonMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You won’t have to pay tax on the trade value. So if they give you $20k and the new purchase is $26k, only the $6k is taxable.
The taxable amount will vary from state to state. Rhode Island for example offers a tax credit when trading in cars and SUVs but charges full tax on trucks (Maverick).

My opinion: there is no financial benefit trading the EcoBoost in for the new hybrid based on the earlier responses.

@Billy2mav if your reason for buying a second hybrid is purely because you want to and you are comfortable with the extra short term expense, buy it and be happy.

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The taxable amount will vary from state to state. Rhode Island for example offers a tax credit when trading in cars and SUVs but charges full tax on trucks (Maverick).

My opinion: there is no financial benefit trading the EcoBoost in for the new hybrid based on the earlier responses.

@Billy2mav if your reason for buying a second hybrid is purely because you want to and you are comfortable with the extra short term expense, buy it and be happy.
OP is in PA.
Do you have to register the Maverick as a commercial vehicle in RI?

BostonMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP is in PA.
Do you have to register the Maverick as a commercial vehicle in RI?
Commercial use trucks are issued commercial plates and personal use trucks are issued Combination plates.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been through enough snow storms to want to trade into an EB AWD. Even with snow tires the Hybrid can be sketchy climbing.

I can't justify the trade due to the transaction cost. Chains and a shovel are way cheaper.

If I had an EB AWD, I would try the upside app, fuel rewards, etc. before trading.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Commercial use trucks are issued commercial plates and personal use trucks are issued Combination plates.
In NY trucks less than 6,000lbs can be registered as either commercial or passenger vehicles.

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Other factors 22 eco has 20 months and 15000 miles still on warranty and color is shadow black. The 24 hybrid will be hot pepper red that will match wifes 24 hybrid hot pepper red.
Sponsored