First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, all! New here, but I've been reading the forums for about 6 months since I've been trying to get a Maverick since the '22 model year. Always missed the ordering window, but I managed to get one the day they opened this year for a '24 model!

That being said, the experience soured a bit at ordering. For a quick background: the salesman added almost $4k in dealer add-ons. That did not include any market adjustment, but things that are really not needed. When I said I didn't want those things, he wouldn't make eye contact but rattled off how during the '23MY ordering season they had 200 or so Hybrid orders more than Ford would be able to fulfil. They had to select 200 of their customers to tell they would be changing to non-Hybrid orders or cancelling, and how "to be honest" they selected those customers who had NOT elected to take the dealer add-ons as the ones who would be screwed out of their order.

The ordering process was fine, but it really pissed me off to feel almost held hostage at that moment.

All that being said, I have two questions:
1. If I were to call them up and ask them to remove the dealer options, would that affect/restart my order? I think they mis-entered me as if I was a rollover, and thus got a much higher priority code than I should (5!) which I'd rather keep, but I'm not sure how that would work.
2. Considering the priority code, can anyone give me a rough estimate of how long before mine is built if they have had a similar priority code number? I specifically built the most common truck possible to get it sooner: XLT, no tonneau/mats/bedliner/mudflaps, no black package, Cactus Gray.

Thanks!
Sponsored

InDaRed2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You got taken for a ride. The point of custom ordering a vehicle is to pick the options YOU want.

Your sales person lied.

OP
OP
BearyArizona

BearyArizona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You got taken for a ride. The point of custom ordering a vehicle is to pick the options YOU want.

Your sales person lied.
I didn't know whether the ordering bank was going to get closed early again like it had last year, which is why I let myself be pressured into it. Definitely my fault, his job is to push whatever he can to make money.

The questions stand though - if I change it up now, would it affect my order/would I get thrown to the back of the line?

InDaRed2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't know whether the ordering bank was going to get closed early again like it had last year, which is why I let myself be pressured into it. Definitely my fault, his job is to push whatever he can to make money.

The questions stand though - if I change it up now, would it affect my order/would I get thrown to the back of the line?
It shouldn't unless you change body code like xlt to lariat from what I remember from last year.

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you continue placing an order with this slime ball salesman? There are other dealerships.
Best of luck if you place your trust in them. No one to fault but yourself if you end up paying for those unwanted dealer add ons.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BearyArizona

BearyArizona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you continue placing an order with this slime ball salesman? There are other dealerships.
Best of luck if you place your trust in them. No one to fault but yourself if you end up paying for those unwanted dealer add ons.
No, you're completely right, it's on me. I honestly have been saving up for a down payment anyway and have been watching other dealerships for an abandoned '23 order - if I see any, I'm pulling my deposit and telling them to KMA while I take my business elsewhere. Though if there is no deposit required elsewhere, I might just put in an order at that other place of business and see what happens.

TrailMaster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger XLT 4L, Honda Valkyries (2)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's a Brave New World for car truck buyers nowadays!

I didn't get the exactly the order I wanted for my late October build, and some of the plastic accessories I'd opted out of (and signed a revised build sheet that I was told went through to Ford) were not removed while others things I wanted were. Making matters worse, I had already purchased aftermarket replacements (for a much better price). I was told I could cancel and reorder or just go with this one. I'm not cancelling with a build scheduled! I will have to find a SIL for the one that was dropped, but don't want the plastic stuff (floor liners and splash guards) that I cancelled and replaced. If those splash guards delay my order I won't be a happy camper!

Anyway, I am really hopeful (if not optimistic) that the salesperson and I can dicker and haggle (nicely) until we reach a reasonable solution come closing day, whenever that may be. Negotiation is my only real option at this point.

Hope things work out on your end.

Last edited:

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That dealer is a crook. The order banks are still open, I would drop them like a hot potato and take your business elsewhere.

They gave you a priority 5 but that priority is only for orders at that dealer. A priority 5 at one dealer does not take priority over a priority 19 at another dealer. I'd say it's likely that San Tan is setting all orders at the same priority (they can go down to a 3 this year) anyways and if they have 200+ orders you don't have that great of a shot to begin with.

OP
OP
BearyArizona

BearyArizona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a Brave New World for car truck buyers nowadays!

I didn't get the exactly the order I wanted for my late October build, and some of the plastic accessories I'd opted out of (and signed a revised build sheet that I was told went through to Ford) were not removed while others things I wanted were. Making matters worse, I had already purchased aftermarket replacements (for a much better price). I was told I could cancel and reorder or just go with this one. I'm not cancelling with a build scheduled! I will have to find a SIL for the one that was dropped, but don't want the plastic stuff (floor liners and splash guards) that I cancelled and replaced. If those splash guards delay my order I won't be a happy camper!

Anyway, I am really hopeful (if not optimistic) that the salesperson and I can dicker and haggle (nicely) until we reach a reasonable solution come closing day, whenever that may be. Negotiation is my only real option at this point.

Hope things work out on your end.
That sounds terrible, I'm sorry you're dealing with that!

OP
OP
BearyArizona

BearyArizona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That dealer is a crook. The order banks are still open, I would drop them like a hot potato and take your business elsewhere.

They gave you a priority 5 but that priority is only for orders at that dealer. A priority 5 at one dealer does not take priority over a priority 19 at another dealer. I'd say it's likely that San Tan is setting all orders at the same priority (they can go down to a 3 this year) anyways and if they have 200+ orders you don't have that great of a shot to begin with.
Gotcha, didn't know that that was how that worked! I thought it was 10-19 for dealers for the most part and lower for rollovers. I know someone else who ordered at the same dealer who received a much higher priority code, 14. But yes I'm not a happy camper.

Sponsored

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
BearyArizona

BearyArizona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Saltwater Cowboys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 1500, 23 CG XTL Lux, 24 SB Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It shouldn't unless you change body code like xlt to lariat from what I remember from last year.
I changed my order from an XLT to a Lariat and they did it and kept the same order number. Maybe it’d be harder to go down a trim level, but it’s definitely not 2022 anymore. The pendulum is swinging back to a buyer’s market.

OP, I wouldn’t care if I had to wait an extra year. I would tell that dealer exactly how I feel and pull my order, then leave every bad review I possibly could.

InDaRed2

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I changed my order from an XLT to a Lariat and they did it and kept the same order number. Maybe it’d be harder to go down a trim level, but it’s definitely not 2022 anymore. The pendulum is swinging back to a buyer’s market.

OP, I wouldn’t care if I had to wait an extra year. I would tell that dealer exactly how I feel and pull my order, then leave every bad review I possibly could.
Yeah your order number will stay the same but your place in line with Ford will move back to like a new order.

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Make a new order with a more reputable Dealership. That's about all you can do. Hopefully you find one with plenty of allocation.
Sponsored