Questions about ordering a 2023

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
I'm kicking around the idea of ordering a 2023 Hybrid Maverick. I'm in Michigan and I see them all over the place but I have yet to sit in one let along drive one. I emailed my salesperson who I have dealt with for years and he told me that the order banks open on Aug 2nd but he was told that's the date for Ecoboost order. He hasn't heard what the date is for ordering a hybrid. Not sure if this is correct or not just passing along what I was told so don't shoot the messenger.

Anyway any idea how long the wait time once the order is placed. It looks like a lot of folks have waiting up to a year for their 2022 (maybe longer). I wonder if we'll see the same wait times for the 23MY? Not a big deal as I'm ok with waiting that long.

How does pricing work if you place an order and there are additional price increases throughout the time it takes for my order to be delivered? I'm A plan (employee pricing) if that makes a difference?

I was told that to order I wouldn't need to place a deposit but my dealer will get penalized by Ford if I decided to not take delivery.

Any opinions on the above situation?
Sponsored

Backyard-Dawg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't know the truth behind it, but I had last week off so I went by my dealer to see what was going on and if they had any news on how to convert from a 22 to a 23 MY. They said they hadn't really been given anything by Ford, but said they had heard the 23 Hybrids are already expected to be sold out based on 22 rollovers. So you won't be able to make a 23 hybrid order.

They also said they had a similar wait when the Broncos came out and some of the Broncos that didn't change certain constrained items on their build took 550-600 days to get filled. They said they kept their place in line when the MY had to roll to the next year, but the constraints just took forever. They expected the same for the Maverick.

They also said some of the Broncos had price protection based on when the date that the order occurred and some didn't.

Said they didn't really want to promise how long it may take because then Ford wouldn't fullfill the time line on their end and they would look like that A-hole.

DJLG210

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
LG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So much misinformation coming from uneducated dealers. I suggest watching this video and asking the clueless dealers to watch and take notes. Ford Video Guy Livestream
Sponsored