sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1) Is ford x-plan pricing not available at all for the Maverick or is my local dealer just not doing it? I can't get a straight answer from them on this.
2) My local salesperson wants me to come in and configure something. He said something like the 2022 build will just "become" a 2023? And he wants me to actually come in so I can sign a purchase agreement? How can there be a purchase agreement if we don't know the prices? I've already put a deposit down with them so it's not that.

I don't know what the hell I'm dealing with here.
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Ford ended X plan earlier this year for all models not just the Maverick.

As for your second question I'm not really sure. Are you taking over someone else's MY22 order that they canceled? That is the only way a MY22 build would become a MY23. If that is the case then your dealer would have potential pricing for a MY23 Maverick.

Also how did you already put a deposit down for a MY23? Did you pre-order one through this dealer?

Dave_in_PA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford didn't end the X plan. Many dealers just won't accept them right now because of the constraints and lack of inventory.

My brother-in-law is an engineer at Ford in Michigan and told me many dealers are being jackasses about it. I contacted 3 local dealers and none were willing to budge off MSRP and none were willing to accept my brother-in-laws A to Z plan pricing. When I decided to go to Chapman, my brother-in-law told me that their 4% under invoice was right around the pricing he could have got me.

You'll probably save money by ordering from Chapman and taking a day off of work to drive down to the Philadelphia area to pick it up. Saving several thousand dollars for taking one day off is a pretty good investment in my opinion.

OP
OP
sprubs

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

As for your second question I'm not really sure. Are you taking over someone else's MY22 order that they canceled? That is the only way a MY22 build would become a MY23. If that is the case then your dealer would have potential pricing for a MY23 Maverick.

Also how did you already put a deposit down for a MY23? Did you pre-order one through this dealer?
I don't think that's true regarding the x-plan.

on the second question I just talked to this guy on the phone and it's apparent he has no freaking clue what he's talking about. I also contacted another dealer in the meantime and they say they'll do x-plan once the order banks open. that is at least logical even if he's wrong.

OP
OP
sprubs

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford didn't end the X plan. Many dealers just won't accept them right now because of the constraints and lack of inventory.

My brother-in-law is an engineer at Ford in Michigan and told me many dealers are being jackasses about it. I contacted 3 local dealers and none were willing to budge off MSRP and none were willing to accept my brother-in-laws A to Z plan pricing. When I decided to go to Chapman, my brother-in-law told me that their 4% under invoice was right around the pricing he could have got me.

You'll probably save money by ordering from Chapman and taking a day off of work to drive down to the Philadelphia area to pick it up. Saving several thousand dollars for taking one day off is a pretty good investment in my opinion.
I've considered that but that seems like quite a bit of hassle for the net savings after paying for the flight and gas.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shareholders with 100 units of stock getting X-plan was what was cancelled. But as others mentioned ADZX-plan are all dealer discretionary.

Dave_in_PA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand that. I just despise all my local dealerships.

I haven't bought a Ford vehicle local in almost 20 years. They've all been very straightforward with me. They would honor the A plan pricing but then would never offer me a penny over wholesale for my trade in. I've always driven one to three hours to get a new vehicle when I'm going to trade in because I negotiate that ahead of time and will not accept anything less than actual trade-in value. They all told me they needed to make the money up somewhere and my trade-in is where they could recover it. The problem is we're always talking $4,000 to $6,000 as I was always trading up with my F-150s.

Although I'm not trading anything in at Chapman, my local dealership would still be over $1,000 more since they will not honor a plan pricing at this point.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Shareholders with 100 units of stock getting X-plan was what was cancelled. But as others mentioned ADZX-plan are all dealer discretionary.
Woops....I guess I was wrong on that one.😊

Perhaps it is up to the dealer then as to whether or not they want to accept X plan? I know a lot of Ford programs depend on whether or not the dealer chooses to use them. Maybe that is why the OPs dealer is saying no to x plan.
Sponsored