First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Las Vegas and see a lot of cars with sun faded paint after only a few years ... I thought about getting my Maverick in a color then common sense kicked in I went with white and think and hope it will still be white in a few years ...
Also white is more less likely to get in an accident ...
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ronin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We ordered Oxford White for our Maverick. There is at least one article online saying white vehicles are 12 percent less likely to be in a crash. My son liked the color the best after seeing the pictures of the Maverick in white. I wanted black but he is paying for it so white it is.

Sponsored

H0pelessOpus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat - 2022 Explorer Timberline
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lmao I'm sorry

been snagging all the color posts from reddit/twitter I find so people have a better idea of what colors look like on these
Haha all good, just wanted to give you a hard time

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like a Grabber Blue or a Canary Yellow myself.

Debbie

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner
I read or heard(a LOOONG time ago)red vehicles are(were)in way more accidents than any other color. I don't know if that's true(I've been in 5 auto accidents, never owned a red vehicle, but was hit by 5(yes FIVE)teen-aged girls)when I was delivering mail. I definitely would not buy a red one(lol)!!!!

DavidS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Kia Forte
I think it looks good but I’m thinking of changing it up a bit idk yet it’s a tough decision
I don't want to be "that guy" but pre-ordering is really for people that KNOW what they want. If you're the guy who needs to see it in person and see all of the features and all of the trim levels, it might be best to wait until dealers have some stock for you to evaluate. That being said, dealers won't get too upset if you cancel your order. They'll just have unallocated inventory for the first time this year.

Deleted member 1031

I don't want to be "that guy" but pre-ordering is really for people that KNOW what they want. If you're the guy who needs to see it in person and see all of the features and all of the trim levels, it might be best to wait until dealers have some stock for you to evaluate. That being said, dealers won't get too upset if you cancel your order. They'll just have unallocated inventory for the first time this year.
In the OP's defense, sometimes people know what they want, but have an unexpected change of heart or second-guess themselves down the road. It happens.

Sponsored

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like a Grabber Blue or a Canary Yellow myself.
Grabber Blue has been around since the early 1970s and sometimes Ford brings it back for a year or two and then stores it away. It does look good on smaller vehicles. I would have chosen that if it had been available.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read or heard(a LOOONG time ago)red vehicles are(were)in way more accidents than any other color. I don't know if that's true(I've been in 5 auto accidents, never owned a red vehicle, but was hit by 5(yes FIVE)teen-aged girls)when I was delivering mail. I definitely would not buy a red one(lol)!!!!
My ex wife and I were rear ended 4 times in 3 different dark red vehicles. I’m never going with that color again

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My ex wife and I were rear ended 4 times in 3 different dark red vehicles. I’m never going with that color again
I've had 2 red vehicles, one was totalled by a rear end in traffic, the other was backed into while i was stopped and caused 5k in damage on the front end. Love the color, won't do it again.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had 2 red vehicles, one was totalled by a rear end in traffic, the other was backed into while i was stopped and caused 5k in damage on the front end. Love the color, won't do it again.
I was also rear-ended hard (by someone without insurance) in my old red vehicle. Never really thought about it being red but now that you’ve both said that… 🤔
Sponsored