First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine will be White. Moving to Florida I hope in about a year and white will be better in the heat, it cools off quicker than a dark color....
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Mine will be White. Moving to Florida I hope in about a year and white will be better in the heat, it cools off quicker than a dark color....
Born and raised in Florida my whole 66 year life. I personally think that is a myth. I've had dark colors and light colors and currently have a white one. With the windows up they are all hot as heck when you get in them after a short visit to Walmart or wherever. The exterior may be a little hotter to the touch but who touches it? I learned a long time ago not to touch a hot stove. They say you can cook an egg on it so it must be a stove. I really don't think the exterior color makes that much of a difference, all colors are hot in a closed up truck in 100 degree heat. But that is only my opinion. I'm sure the engineers and scientists will say otherwise.

THECATMAC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"The best color for hiding minor dents and scratches is white. The reason for this is because its bright color helps minimize the appearance of scratches, especially when it's a bright day."
This I took off the internet, and we all know if it's on the internet it must be true!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
"The best color for hiding minor dents and scratches is white. The reason for this is because its bright color helps minimize the appearance of scratches, especially when it's a bright day."
This I took off the internet, and we all know if it's on the internet it must be true!
AGREE!! I retired in 2019 and needed a hobby. So keeping my car/truck clean is it. As much as I HATE a white vehicle (see my previous post in this thread as to why), I have found the white hides a lot of errors. The biggest hide I've found so far is swirl marks. Barely visible on white. Now go get the black or blue and you'll see lots of swirl marks. I hate having to do paint correction to get them out.
Sponsored