2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Checking in, in Apple Valley, MN.
Got my XLT/FX4 at Apple Autos in Apple Valley, great dealer. Got a Ranger there back in 1996 they are honest and have great service.

Any skiers and or bicycle folks out there?
Sponsored

Koopa-Kid-MN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Kayaking at lake Bde Maka Ska

10ft Kayak in the bed. Tied down easily with D rings near the cab & the bottle openers on the tailgate šŸ›¶

Hardly any movement while driving!

Ford Maverick Ope, Minnesota Thread? Best Thread. IMG_5081

Ford Maverick Ope, Minnesota Thread? Best Thread. IMG_5082

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kayaking at lake Bde Maka Ska

10ft Kayak in the bed. Tied down easily with D rings near the cab & the bottle openers on the tailgate šŸ›¶

Hardly any movement while driving!

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5082.jpg
I went from seeing 0 Mavs in MN to 2 today, one on Friday and another on Thurs. I saw yours when biking past Bde Maka Ska today!

Everytime I see one i just holler "Look a Mav!" I know my wife is tired of it but my friends today enjoyed it.

MustangMech

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I went from seeing 0 Mavs in MN to 2 today, one on Friday and another on Thurs. I saw yours when biking past Bde Maka Ska today!

Everytime I see one i just holler "Look a Mav!" I know my wife is tired of it but my friends today enjoyed it.
The last two times Iā€™ve gone to Target Field or Target Center Iā€™ve seen a Maverick in the ramp!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The last two times Iā€™ve gone to Target Field or Target Center Iā€™ve seen a Maverick in the ramp!
Sunday two weeks ago? I was parked in ramp b for the twins game.

Sponsored

itnkicn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Valorie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick - Lariat, F350, Explorer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where you at in MN? I live in the cities, and ordered from @Granger Ford just north of Des Moines for the 3% off invoice. Should be a nice little road trip home.
Is that getting titled in IA?
Where you at in MN? I live in the cities, and ordered from @Granger Ford just north of Des Moines for the 3% off invoice. Should be a nice little road trip home.
Did the dealer point out the tax differences between IA and MN? So, when you register in MN you can expect to cough up the difference.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that getting titled in IA?

Did the dealer point out the tax differences between IA and MN? So, when you register in MN you can expect to cough up the difference.
I already bought mine with Granger. I did not pay taxes/title/tags etc there. I received temporary tags for I think 5 days, went to the DMV in Jordan the following Monday (empty), paid the everything there and got my plates. A lot easier than handling that through the dealer and waiting weeks for plates to arrive.

I believe if you need to finance your whole purchase (taxes incl) they will write the deal for the excess amount and cut you a check as well to cover the out of pocket tax expense...don't quote me on that though!

Jakb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I already bought mine with Granger. I did not pay taxes/title/tags etc there. I received temporary tags for I think 5 days, went to the DMV in Jordan the following Monday (empty), paid the everything there and got my plates. A lot easier than handling that through the dealer and waiting weeks for plates to arrive.

I believe if you need to finance your whole purchase (taxes incl) they will write the deal for the excess amount and cut you a check as well to cover the out of pocket tax expense...don't quote me on that though!
I'm waiting on a Granger truck so I'm glad to hear you had a good experience!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm waiting on a Granger truck so I'm glad to hear you had a good experience!
In and out in a hour on a Saturday morning, including my quick test drive. They were great start to finish. I've since added warranty through their discounted Ford offer as well. I've never had any sort of dealer loyalty (combined 25+ vehicles between my wife and I), but I will actively seek them out in the future for sure.

Sponsored

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be moving to the southern part of MN, and ordering a Maverick.

Does anyone have experience with the Ford dealer in Rochester or WInona?

What are folks experiences with the hybrid/fwd in MN? Are the stock tires okay? Especially in the southern part of MN, or is that really a no-go for winter?

I'm debating getting the XL and immediately getting new rims with something like the Michelin CrossClimates, or potentially going with the XLT and just keeping the stock tires for a few years if they are serviceable enough.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

What are folks experiences with the hybrid/fwd in MN? Are the stock tires okay? Especially in the southern part of MN, or is that really a no-go for winter?

I'm debating getting the XL and immediately getting new rims with something like the Michelin CrossClimates, or potentially going with the XLT and just keeping the stock tires for a few years if they are serviceable enough.
No direct experience, but my brother ordered a Maverick from the Rochester Ford dealer last September. They wanted his F150 on trade immediately. So when my brother needed a second vehicle to drive over a weekend, they loaned him a new F150. He has been happy with how he has been treated. Donā€™t know if you would have the same experience.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Iā€™ve had my XLT for a month so no winter experience yet. I like shiny wheels so I got new alloys and Michelin CrossClimate2 for 3 seasons and am putting Bridgestone Blizzaks on the XLT wheels for the winter. Iā€™m a believer in winter tires and have had no trouble getting around with them and FWD on vehicles in the past.

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™ve had my XLT for a month so no winter experience yet. I like shiny wheels so I got new alloys and Michelin CrossClimate2 for 3 seasons and am putting Bridgestone Blizzaks on the XLT wheels for the winter. Iā€™m a believer in winter tires and have had no trouble getting around with them and FWD on vehicles in the past.

Thanks for the replies. I've read a number of folks that stated they were so impressed with the CrossClimate2s that they no longer use a dedicated winter tire. Of course a lot of those were more from folks with AWD.

I'd love to get away with just one set of tires. I feel like driving cautiously and really only using the Maverick for in-town trips, it shouldn't be an issue - but then again I've never experience a winter in MN, south MN or otherwise!

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm about an hour and a half north of Rochester, Apple Autos (Apple Valley Ford) has been great.
Sponsored